Pod Your Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense
Did they close at 7:30? I think they stay open longer during the summer-time. At least you got some bread :)

It was random, but cool :P ... We are closed, but here is a bag of fresh bread we do not want to waste.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

Tank update:

Nothing :P that will knock your socks off.

... haven't checked the numbers, however everything is still growing and thriving. I might need to get a small clump of cheato to reseed certain populations of my pod species. I only have the tiny mite looking ones running around which is fine. Still feeds the fish as needed, last major feeding was Wednesday the 25th. Water change was also three Sundays ago.

Will change floss, deciding if a WC is even needed. However, a small vit dose will probably be needed to keep my Ca level stable.

All of my corals are stable and happy. Fish are all happy, still the lil boy clown is doing his thing of hanging out under the frogspawn only. He isn't ready to make the next step :P ,girly clown still can care less about it. YWG and spot are doing their thing and have decided to make a mess of the right side of the tank (random) for one. Still have all my hermits and the only breeding is with my stomellas. Babies :wub: All my other single snails are still accounted for which is awesome.

... my 3g FW is now back in full swing, plants look healthy for once :D . With the correctional upgrade with the EcoPico Ecoxotics little LEDs the tank is now looking better then ever. I have also begun to randomly dose vits for the plants which has also assisted. But, I will not stock with fish until after I move <_< The moss and snails will travel, but not worth fussing with a tiny FW tank along with my SW 1500 miles :P

surgicalsense

:happydance: I finally got a Dendra! A colony, even!

... the love of my life bought it for me. Pictures as soon as it is happy and opened!

surgicalsense
Pictures or it didnt happen! hows it goin ss its been a while since I have done a picture check on your thread ;)

:P

Taking them. Will down load right now.

Busy packing and getting down to the final 100 days of Los Angeles -_-

surgicalsense

hdr6M.jpg

rvyWP.jpg

0Z5xf.jpg

... It was opening, then I moved it to a new location and then it was :angry:

Z1KVJ.jpg

sIAqI.jpg

... Look hard in the center. It is either a clam or bi-valve?

8B2bo.jpg

Idq5r.jpg

... kind of better picture of the center, can you see it?

Look my pistol named, Spot it is now as big as the YWG. It has doubled in size. It also picks on the duncan no matter where I place it in the sand bed <_<

svB0s.jpg

:wub:

I already knew this, buts congrats again :) Where are the pictures? ;)

Posted ;)

That looks so awesome!!!!!! In know you must be so happy to have it, finally :happy:

Which display tank did that come out of????

If you need to trim your red macro I'd be happy to take some of it off of your hands!!!!!

surgicalsense
That looks so awesome!!!!!! In know you must be so happy to have it, finally :happy:

Which display tank did that come out of????

If you need to trim your red macro I'd be happy to take some of it off of your hands!!!!!

I will snip some you, just let me know when you want to swing by.

OMG :lol: Um, yes I am so happy. I have waited 6 months waiting for the right price to up with out being ripped off. $40 for the whole colony and there was more in his tank. It is the first tank display 50g cube near the register ;)

You know I wanted the japanese jumbo dendra originally. It would of look cool, but the heads would of been way to bulbous in my tank with the other coral. This one is the standard dendra.

I can come by anytime, so just text me when it's good for you. I can't wait to see it open, in person!!!!!! Does L. love it too?

Maybe I should get one for my frag tank :lol:

surgicalsense
I can come by anytime, so just text me when it's good for you. I can't wait to see it open, in person!!!!!! Does L. love it too?

Maybe I should get one for my frag tank :lol:

There was a smaller frag colony. He does, but now that it is open even with the tank being dark he thinks that is really cool :P

surgicalsense
Do you know if they are easy to frag?

Your asking me? I am the most inexperienced fragger I know :lol:

Not sure ... might like be fragging a fropspawn because of the lower stony bottom parts. Just guessing.

:lol: I thought maybe you had looked into it while you were still wishing for one!!!!! Seems reasonable that it would frag like a frogspawn though. I like easy to frag stuff. Maybe Monday I'll pick up the small frag :)
surgicalsense
:lol: I thought maybe you had looked into it while you were still wishing for one!!!!! Seems reasonable that it would frag like a frogspawn though. I like easy to frag stuff. Maybe Monday I'll pick up the small frag :)

:lol:

Can we aim for Friday? Please.

:lol:

Can we aim for Friday? Please.

Yep! What time does all that traffic start dissipating on Camarillo? I sat in a long line the last Friday I came by!

I'm moving out with you guys so I can get in on nice frags and magical macros! :lol: I love the new colony! Can't wait to see pics of it all happy. :happy:

surgicalsense
I'm moving out with you guys so I can get in on nice frags and magical macros! :lol: I love the new colony! Can't wait to see pics of it all happy. :happy:

The dendra opened 80% when the lights were off last night. See if I can get it to adjust to opening with and without the tank lights, guess only time will tell.

surgicalsense
Hey 80% is pretty good for only being 24 hours! ;)

Yes, I was pretty shocked myself. But only when the lights were out :mellow: last night.

Jacob042426

that is a nice sized dendro!! i saw a 6" sun coral colony yesterday at my lfs for $45.

i would have gotten it but my tank is too small. :(

Yes, I was pretty shocked myself. But only when the lights were out :mellow: last night.

Don't they feed at night? You have to train it to open during the day. Dust it with food during the day and I bet it opens for you while the lights are on. ;)

Archived