ReefCleaners.org

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense
Weather stripping comes to mind and/or supplies from the area in the store where you buy screen material for redoing screen doors. You may even try the auto parts store too.

Hmmm ... I think the weather stripping is excellent plan. I have salt-creep creeping in one side since I removed the guard from the install and I even made sure it was a clean fit when I reapplied the guard also -_-

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I agree about a gold torch. That would be perfect for your tank!!!!!

Maybe I will look for a very small one :happy:

Sorry I didn't have time to go through the full thread but are you using just two panorama pros on this for light? I have the same tank and have the stock lighting with two blue stunners and I am thinking of doing all LED do you find the two to be enough light?

surgicalsense
Sorry I didn't have time to go through the full thread but are you using just two panorama pros on this for light? I have the same tank and have the stock lighting with two blue stunners and I am thinking of doing all LED do you find the two to be enough light?

Thank you for visiting my Madness :P ... Yes, I have plenty. So much that I purchased the dimmer so that I can adjust from time to time so that I am not blasting the corals with to much spectrum. If you venture back into my thread you will see the strips I installed and how I did it. Pretty basic, but fits the bill to a T.

Also take into concideration that I consulted the staff from Ecoxotics prior to making my purchase. I was very specific with them with all the specs of my tank and this included my livestock and corals I currently have and also want to purchase/support in the near future. I hope that helped a bit ;)

On a side note ... I just ordered some Blue Ochtode macro for my tank. This will be the last macro purchase I will make. The last thing I want is my tank looking like SW weed garden rather then a diversity mini reef in my living room ;) ... plus the additinal blue will look really cool in my tank :lol:

You don't really see good macros locally; mostly just chaeto. You should frag that stuff when it gets big and put it up on CL.

surgicalsense
You don't really see good macros locally; mostly just chaeto. You should frag that stuff when it gets big and put it up on CL.

That green macro (which I do not know the name of) is growing like crazy. I am giving Gena another nice size clump of it when I go over to house Friday evening. But that is what I figured I would start doing. Plus that think that blue macro is going look cool with the other two variations I have and it is keeping my tank up to par anyways with everything else.

I can't wait to get my hands on some of the 'magical' macro! I have 4 pieces of macro in my tank but they're all tiny and not growing very much. I definitely don't think there's enough to help with tank params. I thought of picking up a ball of chaeto when I was at the LFS just to shove behind the rock for now. I still might since I had that crazy mini cycle.

surgicalsense
I can't wait to get my hands on some of the 'magical' macro! I have 4 pieces of macro in my tank but they're all tiny and not growing very much. I definitely don't think there's enough to help with tank params. I thought of picking up a ball of chaeto when I was at the LFS just to shove behind the rock for now. I still might since I had that crazy mini cycle.

You will dig this macro, but it is kind of a pain to make it stay put in a location. So make sure you can wedge it in without pitching it.

Well that cheato will help jump start any pods you have in your tank. My population is out of control. But I leave it alone. I have gone to one huge day of over feeding once a week now and a water change every 2-3 weeks.

This is without my skimmer in my tank ;) (which I will put back in Ch.2 after I move) Now the only reason this is working in my tank is because I only have 3 fish and my random inverts. Also NO over kill in one particular inhabitant is key also.

Have I mentioned that every morning I have to hunt down one of my clumps of macro because the hermits and/or snails knock it down in the night???? It's a PITA :lol: But I can deal with the inconvenience. One of these days I'm gonna try to anchor it down so it doesn't move!

I too ordered some more macro from Kataro???? I'm getting the blue ochtode, green gracilaria, nemastosa, and violet dream. It's all going in my frag tank :)

surgicalsense
Have I mentioned that every morning I have to hunt down one of my clumps of macro because the hermits and/or snails knock it down in the night???? It's a PITA :lol: But I can deal with the inconvenience. One of these days I'm gonna try to anchor it down so it doesn't move!

I too ordered some more macro from Kataro???? I'm getting the blue ochtode, green gracilaria, nemastosa, and violet dream. It's all going in my frag tank :)

Oh sweet, I only ordered the blue ochtode. Crap we could of combined this for the shipping. Have you paid yet? Good grief we need to communicate better with this stuff.

Oh sweet, I only ordered the blue ochtode. Crap we could of combined this for the shipping. Have you paid yet? Good grief we need to communicate better with this stuff.

I know!!!! I think shipping was only like $5, but still. I did already pay.

I am planning to sell what I grow on Craigslist. Now I just need to get me some mini minis and I'm pretty much set :)

surgicalsense
I know!!!! I think shipping was only like $5, but still. I did already pay.

I am planning to sell what I grow on Craigslist. Now I just need to get me some mini minis and I'm pretty much set :)

$5????? Are you sure? Even though I ship to my office, he was charging me $21 for shipping alone :huh:

I was just noticing now that I added the new nems how much bigger my mini mini from the beginning has gotten. I hope it splits soon! I think you'll love them Gena!

$5????? Are you sure? Even though I ship to my office, he was charging me $21 for shipping alone :huh:

I just rechecked his livestock ad and it says $5 for priority shipping. That's what he charged me! I'd pm him.

I was just noticing now that I added the new nems how much bigger my mini mini from the beginning has gotten. I hope it splits soon! I think you'll love them Gena!

Sounds like it will split soon!!!! As long as I can keep my fish safe from them, I'll love them. I plan to grow them in a basket in my frag tank.

surgicalsense
I just rechecked his livestock ad and it says $5 for priority shipping. That's what he charged me! I'd pm him.

I did <_< ... no I haven't been billed yet either.

Sounds like it will split soon!!!! As long as I can keep my fish safe from them, I'll love them. I plan to grow them in a basket in my frag tank.

Even with 4 minis and a BTA in my tank my green clown goby has been fine. They're so tiny it would be really hard for them to catch a fish unless it dive bombed into them and thats only because they're very sticky. :happy:

surgicalsense
Great thank you, I was reading on their site last night and saw that's what they recommended. Beautiful tank by the way!

Thank you :) also do not hesitate to contact them if you have question about which lights are best for you and your tank. Well stay posted with my thread, I am going to have to break her down in little over 100 days because I am moving. So this should be thrilling :lol:

Damn!

Beat me I am placing one for about the same thing come next week Wednesday, let me know how it works out with his Macros. I want that Blue ochtode so bad!

surgicalsense
What/who is Kataro? I want in on the awesome macros!

Well in a month or so, my macro should be grown out again. Are you still interested? ;)

I want that Blue ochtode so bad!

That is the one I ordered :happy:

Hey...we just got in!!!!! Ended up going to Bob's afterwards to check out the cars and have some coffee (Starbuck's). There were tons of people there tonight!!!!

It was fun chatting with you and L tonight :)

I found out D's audition is at 2:45. Could it be a worse time????? :lol: Not sure we'll be able to go to LC now unless just me and A go. I really want to see those tide pools!!!!!! Still let me know if you are going.

surgicalsense
Hey...we just got in!!!!! Ended up going to Bob's afterwards to check out the cars and have some coffee (Starbuck's). There were tons of people there tonight!!!!

It was fun chatting with you and L tonight :)

I found out D's audition is at 2:45. Could it be a worse time????? :lol: Not sure we'll be able to go to LC now unless just me and A go. I really want to see those tide pools!!!!!! Still let me know if you are going.

Yes it was and no worries about tomorrow. We still haven't decided yet what we are going to do.

Sweet ... we went to Porto's and they were closing, but the gave us a free bag of bread :lol: However they were full of customers that were finishing their dinner and such. So we wandered over to Rocket Fizz again and got a small handful sweets.

Yes it was and no worries about tomorrow. We still haven't decided yet what we are going to do.

Sweet ... we went to Porto's and they were closing, but the gave us a free bag of bread :lol: However they were full of customers that were finishing their dinner and such. So we wandered over to Rocket Fizz again and got a small handful sweets.

Did they close at 7:30? I think they stay open longer during the summer-time. At least you got some bread :)

Archived