inTank Media Baskets

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
Compare hydrometer vs refractometer!

Oh come on now :P .. this is a fail for me. Learning to mix my SW very soon.

surgicalsense
You don't mix your SW? :o

You write that as if I have stepped into that grey zone of reef-keeping :lol:

No way ... I have been spoiled from my LFS. But, once I move I am obligated to learn.

surgicalsense
Just surprised. That's how I get my water! :lol: It's easy.

:D extremely easy

* and I ordered the 2nd EcoPico light bar for my 3g ... Now I should have enough light for my FW plants.

Congrats on the spectrometer! Sometimes its the only measurement I trust, lol, including temp.

Edit: spectrometer? well what ever its called.

I love my refractometer. I am going to try to calibrate it myself soon! Now that I've learned to mix SW and not kill things I think I'm ready to maintain my own equipment. I'm looking at the RKL too. I'm afraid of all the big words that go with it though! :lol:

surgicalsense
I love my refractometer. I am going to try to calibrate it myself soon! Now that I've learned to mix SW and not kill things I think I'm ready to maintain my own equipment. I'm looking at the RKL too. I'm afraid of all the big words that go with it though! :lol:

:lol: I know! We are moving on-up! ;) ... at some point I will no longer be the lazy-reefer. Well kind of...

surgicalsense
Actually I think adding a controller means I'm lazier (and broker)! Less I have to check/do every day! :lol:

No your not ... for months I was turning my lights on/off manually. But, when I left for holiday I was obligated to get a simple timer which I have now. But I do need to invest in the RK thing at some point :P

I have a timer powerstrip so I already don't turn them on/off! :P I just want to get a controller so I can do dawn/dusk effect and not cook the tank if my heater goes.

Congrats on the spectrometer! Sometimes its the only measurement I trust, lol, including temp.

haha sounds like a space age intrument

I have a timer powerstrip so I already don't turn them on/off! :P I just want to get a controller so I can do dawn/dusk effect and not cook the tank if my heater goes.

I have two five dollar timers lol. Cheap way.

But I controller would be nice. Someday.

surgicalsense
Congrats on the refracto :)

How's the sponge doing?

Sponge looks like it is doing fine. Shoved it inbetween the shelf and the rock on the left size. It is hard for me to tell if it is pissed off. The monti looks improved. The blasto is super happy :P

Now I just need to learn to use it ...

Now with this purchase of the refracto .... seems like I won a prize :lol: with all the congrates!

Marc your silly :lol:

But I controller would be nice. Someday.

... this is my next purchase alone with salt :lol:

Sponge looks like it is doing fine. Shoved it inbetween the shelf and the rock on the left size. It is hard for me to tell if it is pissed off. The monti looks improved. The blasto is super happy :P

The sponge doesn't need any light so it pretty much can go anywhere. Do you see holes around it? That means it's filtering your water. The holes will change shape and location too.

Glad everything is doing well :)

surgicalsense
The sponge doesn't need any light so it pretty much can go anywhere. Do you see holes around it? That means it's filtering your water. The holes will change shape and location too.

Glad everything is doing well :)

I obviously did not do my homework and read up about the sponge. Thank you ;) ... yes, I do see the wholes and it is that fuzzy beige like hairs again. But now that I know it does not need direct or any light I might

surgicalsense
I read it does better in low light actually. Probably because it won't get covered in algae that way.

Okay .. I will move it tomorrow when I do my water change.

surgicalsense

Up date:

Nothing really :P ... j/k

Did the 5g WC. Added few drops of the Multi-V ... going to skip feeding the tank today because I have found a few flatworms, less then 5 over a weeks sighting on the glass. So I figured to just stay on top of it ;)

Moved some corals around for the sake of placement for right now. More like wedged then here and there since I will breaking the tank down in 4 months anyways.

... bleached my monti. Now I can not tell if it is dead or alive now :huh:

surgicalsense
How'd that happen? I thought it was looking okay lately. :huh:

Not major moves. I moved one of the small zoa frags on the bottom and off the frag rack. Wedged the blasto on the shelf on the lower level where the GSP are ... oh and moved the duncan cluster on the sand bed on the other side (left sand bed) just temporary moves.

My green macro is growing super fast. Even with the clipping I gave Gena ... I have tiny baby xenia growing in the spots it moved from on the shelf. Also a few on the original frag plug so I will have a new frag of them. Maybe sell that when I break the tank down for the move.

My green macro is growing super fast. Even with the clipping I gave Gena ...

My macro is growing too!!!!!!! I seriously think it's the reason for the sudden decline in my algae troubles. Yours is miracle macro :lol:

I LOVE THE STUFF :) Can I say that louder?????? :lol:

Archived