Top Shelf Aquatics

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense
one time my tum tum was upset and i needed my mommy

:happydance:

:lol:

Mommies make everything better :happy:

I can relate to sinus trouble. This darn socal weather makes it 20x worse.

Yup, that is what we do! Keep everyone alive :)

fingerscrossed it has been years since I have had a bad sinus infection. I am just hoping it does not progress with him. Plus I had that really bad cold in December.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
Hey just trolling along in here - how is the move planning going? I'm starting to place corals.. and my clown so far has not attacked them.. Which is making me very happy - I really think the fight vs GHA is pretty much over still a few small patches here and there sprouting.. but MAN i tackled that head on

Sweet! Looks like you will also have the GHA kicked in bit completely also. Silly clowns.

surgicalsense

Update:

Absolutely nothing ... my Reefer-Madness has gone stale-mate until I move. So basically I may have random pictures here and there. But, I figure my next exciting update is... how the hell Danielle (writing in 3rd person :lol: ) is going to move her tank 1500 miles :o ... hoping not to suffer any real great losses!

Moving count down will begin: T-Minus 7 months! or 6 :lol:

Stay tuned!

:D

Where are you moving that is 1500 miles away? I would be so scared to move a tank and inhabitants that far. I have moved my tanks once, but it was only across town. I literally carried my 3 gallon with all the corals and fish in it half full in my lap lol.

surgicalsense
Where are you moving that is 1500 miles away? I would be so scared to move a tank and inhabitants that far. I have moved my tanks once, but it was only across town. I literally carried my 3 gallon with all the corals and fish in it half full in my lap lol.

I am moving only 6 hours away from you, south ... New Mexico ;)

surgicalsense
Invest in battery powered air pumps. I think your biggest challenge will be temperature. Maybe only move the things you are most attached to?

Yes, that was kind of my idea. I have pretty much got everything else figured out and organized... so I will decide what I am going to do about the fish and corals.

I want to keep all my LR. I am not to concern about the LS, but may keep a cup size of it to mix in with the new for the bioload (if that is a good idea or toss just get new, whichever is advised I do)But, I am still stuck with fish and coral transport. I have an idea, but need to see if the South West Reef Company agrees to it ;) + :ninja: = :happydance:

Invest in battery powered air pumps. I think your biggest challenge will be temperature. Maybe only move the things you are most attached to?

+1 on the battery powered air pumps. You probably need to get a couple really well insulated coolers and a bunch of heat packs to try to keep the temperature up. If you put in a few heat packs at the beginning, then when they start to cool you can activate some more and switch them out. If you have enough and the proper insulation to keep the heat in, you could probably pull it off.

I just got very confuzzled. Did you know there is another "Reefer-Madness" thread in the members forum? I thought I entered the twilight zone for a moment :lol:

surgicalsense
+1 on the battery powered air pumps. You probably need to get a couple really well insulated coolers and a bunch of heat packs to try to keep the temperature up. If you put in a few heat packs at the beginning, then when they start to cool you can activate some more and switch them out. If you have enough and the proper insulation to keep the heat in, you could probably pull it off.

Since it will be mid summer it will be hot during the drive across the Az desert. So the ambient temp will help big time :)

I just got very confuzzled. Did you know there is another "Reefer-Madness" thread in the members forum? I thought I entered the twilight zone for a moment :lol:

I had no idea :huh: ... is the thread newer or older? I thought coined it for my thread <_<

Bummer ...

I know right? I thought my cerebral termites came back.

surgicalsense
One word. Inverter.

Plug it into a cigarette lighter and you can use whatever hardware you want.

:) Thank you ... I will have to come up with this soon.

surgicalsense
Just get your new RSM and start over! JK

What a hassel, moving a reef tank!!! I know you'll get thru it darlin.

I wish I could afford to do that .. but after what I am spending to move :angry: over all. That is out the door until next tax season.

Thank you Mark ... Well I figure what I was going to do was post my steps of moving it (not like that hasn't been done before) Then the start up once again, once I am there.

:)

I know right? I thought my cerebral termites came back.

South American flies larve eating away at your brain? :P

I wish I could afford to do that .. but after what I am spending to move :angry: over all. That is out the door until next tax season.

Thank you Mark ... Well I figure what I was going to do was post my steps of moving it (not like that hasn't been done before) Then the start up once again, once I am there.

:)

South American flies larve eating away at your brain? :P

I guess so, bot flies and thsoe fish that swim up your peep.

surgicalsense
I guess so, bot flies and thsoe fish that swim up your peep.

:lol: makes international traveling a hoot! Like vacations from hell. But, I wish I could move on ward to the RSM. But, I still have a huge goal to fullfill with my NC24 still and I currently have a pump to replace. I am having those microbubbles again.

So I am not assuming the pump is failing. The line is new and secured. The pump is completely submerged. Maybe I should toss it anyways. It is the stock pump -_-

:lol: makes international traveling a hoot! Like vacations from hell. But, I wish I could move on ward to the RSM. But, I still have a huge goal to fullfill with my NC24 still and I currently have a pump to replace. I am having those microbubbles again.

So I am not assuming the pump is failing. The line is new and secured. The pump is completely submerged. Maybe I should toss it anyways. It is the stock pump -_-

A new pump should not be too much $$$, try a new one or is there a better quality one that you put in there.

surgicalsense
A new pump should not be too much $$, try a new one or is there a better quality one that you put in there.

Super cheap ... Maxijet 900 = 25'ish bucks or so.

surgicalsense
I have a 900 in my 12, I'd say go up to at least a 1200 if you can.

This will not be to strong of a flow around the (cube) tank?

surgicalsense
I can't really imagine it would be, as the 900 is about perfect for my 12.

I am just imagining the flow bouncing around off the cubed glass and kind of the splash shield. How it would be ... think, think, think.

Archived