EZ's JBJ 28

Ezsharkman

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where do you have placed now?

I am running mine at 90% Reef Crest

Hola B =)

I have it about 7 inches in from the front of the tank and 6 inches down on the left side. I am not sure if i want to lower it another inch and try to get that reverse current from the impeller sucking water in from the top and bottom of the tank

I was doing Reef crest at about 75%... any higher i think i might make my clam mad =)

surgicalsense
thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-025.gif

LOL.

Wet-Side - 2.5" diameter by 1.5" long (63.5mm x 38.1mm) Dry-Side - 2.5" diameter by 2" long (63.5mm x 50.8mm)

:rolleyes: .... men and their MP10

On the reefer note: I was thinking about getting one for the right side of my tank to counter the flow from the power head.... you know what. I am not sure, thinking about it.

:rolleyes: .... men and their MP10

On the reefer note: I was thinking about getting one for the right side of my tank to counter the flow from the power head.... you know what. I am not sure, thinking about it.

I would sooooooo get one! It can do a lot more than just counter the flow. but speaking of that... I do like it because it interrupts the return pumps and stops that "same flow in the same direction all the time effect"

I got mine at Marine Depot and had them price match Big Al's 10 % off promo code. I only did that because i got MD gift cards for my Birthday.

Sure:

I wish it was my idea, but stevie t thought of it first......or stole the idea from someone else

Thanks so much! I am pretty sure I have that in my garage lol. And yeah, Stevie T does lots -- I learned how to glue frags from his thread -- awesome information there.

So it looks like i am going to start dosing a 2 part.

I have been getting along fine with regular water changes since the beginning, but my corals and clam are eating up a lot more now.

My DKH was always at 9 and calcium at 450

Now i have a Dkh of 8 and calcium of 400 with and 1230 in mag

I am a little scared to dose... but i have read a bunch and think i am gonna go with the BRS two part

wish me luck

Cool!

I'm dosing Kalk via ATO. I started at 1/2 tsp. per gallon but I'm switching to 1 tsp. this week to see where my levels are at.

I was using b-ionic 2 part and b-ionic mag, but decided to go this route to help stabalize pH.

surgicalsense

Geesh, I suck at this stuff .... Like I was telling Gena, I barely passed chem in HS. LOL

However, so far so good. I haven't killed anything in my tank. ;)

Gee, I measured my mp10 and it's a little bigger.

On another note, good luck with the dosing, I'll be following along to see how it goes.

Cool!

I'm dosing Kalk via ATO. I started at 1/2 tsp. per gallon but I'm switching to 1 tsp. this week to see where my levels are at.

I was using b-ionic 2 part and b-ionic mag, but decided to go this route to help stabalize pH.

i was trying to avoid dosing but i love my tank and want to keep it as balanced as possible

let me know how it goes

Geesh, I suck at this stuff .... Like I was telling Gena, I barely passed chem in HS. LOL

However, so far so good. I haven't killed anything in my tank. ;)

Its confusing at first... but after hours and hours of reading i think my brain is ready

Gee, I measured my mp10 and it's a little bigger.

On another note, good luck with the dosing, I'll be following along to see how it goes.

LOL...

i swear it looks bigger from way up close

So i just placed my order with BRS and will attempt the dosing next week. I will go slow and be testing all the time... i hate testing... especially mag and calcium. I swear this same stupid commercial comes on the TV every time i am counting the drops.. the commercial is just saying numbers.. 1,2,3 ,4,7 ,10... wait how many drops did i just add :o

on a side note...At least its not the

... you know, the baby pajamas for adults with a crap flap :D

i want one!

So today i am gonna do water change (a few days early) to try to get my levels up a little bit before my 2 part gets here next week. I know everything will be fine if i don't... buy why not :D

I fed my corals last night and it is so fun to watch a Duncan eat

So got walked downstairs this morning and went to my tank like i always do.

I Started looking around and saw my Lobophyllia Brain Eating MY ACANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o It's sweeper tentacles were locked on and had almost taken out a full big head. This is on my favorite acan frags :wub: . It has 3 different colored acans on one plug and it ate my blue one. I am a little bummed out :tears:

Earlier this week i had to frag off 2 heads of my trumpet coral... they were all melted and it seemed to happen overnight. I knew something was going on but thought that my pistol shrimp had buried it a little and it just got stressed... but the Lobo had done that 2! :slap:

Lesson learned... don't trust a Lobo next to your favorite corals

surgicalsense

OMG, sorry to read and that is kinda gross. Did you know that the lobo brain might do something like that. Crap I was thinking about getting a brain (love the way that reads) this weekend.

My hammer fell on my blast frag. Killed it instantly. Then I put a hydrophonic? Idk if that's what it's called and fell on it. And now it's 3 heads. I started as one. So it can recover

OMG, sorry to read and that is kinda gross. Did you know that the lobo brain might do something like that. Crap I was thinking about getting a brain (love the way that reads) this weekend.

LOL... i would get a brain. :lol:

I had read that they had sweepers... but that they were small.. i guess that i dint read that they also can have large sweepers and bad disposition... i actually love my lobo.. its just grounded at the moment... :rant: no mysis today

My hammer fell on my blast frag. Killed it instantly. Then I put a hydrophonic? Idk if that's what it's called and fell on it. And now it's 3 heads. I started as one. So it can recover

I sure hope it recovers. The half that was not eaten is open right now and asking for food. i will take that as a good sign fingerscrossed

It will recover. Hahah my brain looks like it's dying. Never accepts food and also the clown thinks is it anemone. It's losing color and never puffs up like it used to. But no receding. Any ideas how to bring it back. How do you feed yours. My never brings out it's sweepers. And it getting black dots on it. Weird

gulfsurfer101

Nice tank and a fun thread to read. I'll be tagging along to see what happens next. It's crazy to watch coral warfare. I had a hollywood stunner that would send out sweepers about half a foot out. It looked like aliens.

Any ideas how to bring it back. How do you feed yours. My never brings out it's sweepers. And it getting black dots on it. Weird

I start out by adding a little cylop-eeze to the tank. The corals seem to wake up and start to want to feed. While they wake up, i take a little tank water and add some Pe Mysis, Rods food "the original formula" and a little Coral Vibrance to the water. I mix it up and let it defrost and mix well.

I turn off all pumps and add a little food to the tank so my fish and PITA cleaner shrimp have something to keep busy with

I bought a few of those baby liquid medicine measuring things at the store, and i suck up as much good stuff as i can.

I spot feed every coral and give them about 20min with the pumps off to actually eat.

The lobo was a little tricky. I had to train him to want to feed while the lights were still on. The best response i ever got was when i added a little bit of fresh shrimp (cut up like a million times until it was a strange mush like substance) i used tweezers to set some on him. He basically turned inside out to eat it... and he took a dwarf cerith in too :o

after that... he was willing to open and eat during the day.

I would give that a shot and see what yours does

PS... the dwarf cernith was spit out 2 days later

Nice tank and a fun thread to read. I'll be tagging along to see what happens next. It's crazy to watch coral warfare. I had a hollywood stunner that would send out sweepers about half a foot out. It looked like aliens.

Thanks gulfsurfer101! :lol:

It looked like aliens for sure!

Archived