Cultivated Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooo, that's tough to say.... The valida has always sat Utrecht.y under the sol so "intense" lighting or sure.... I'd say a big part is water quality....

Figured that.

I am prolly back at too little nutrients. Will start feeding heavier.

thanks,

Kevin

SouthFlorida_Tron
Figured that.

I am prolly back at too little nutrients. Will start feeding heavier.

thanks,

Kevin

Ya... I do use phosban along with chemipure elite, chaeto, and skimmer, so my phosphates r always 0.... But even softies are happy.... I dose a lot of Phyto daily n oyster feast overnight......

I don't check my nitrates but corals tell the tale...

Ya... I do use phosban along with chemipure elite, chaeto, and skimmer, so my phosphates r always 0.... But even softies are happy.... I dose a lot of Phyto daily n oyster feast overnight......

I don't check my nitrates but corals tell the tale...

Do you ever have a problem with the chemipure elite an the GFO being counter productive since they are both with GFO?

Tron....I think I may switch to phosban also since its alumnium based. Apparently the protozoa that causes pinched mantle is iron dependent....and guess what gfo leaches? Lol

SouthFlorida_Tron
Do you ever have a problem with the chemipure elite an the GFO being counter productive since they are both with GFO?

In my biocube I found CPE gfo to b minute so I've always stacked extra gfo... Im talking like 2 small tspn

Tron....I think I may switch to phosban also since its alumnium based. Apparently the protozoa that causes pinched mantle is iron dependent....and guess what gfo leaches? Lol

Do it! Do it!

Oh I'm going to - especially after confirming through reading that most people that have had pinched mantle run gfo....and others with successful clam keeping run an aluminum based phosphate binder or none at all. There's a huge article about pinched mantle on reef frontiers...anyway as always your tank is gorgeous tron...

I really want a PiCo but they don't make em my size lol

SouthFlorida_Tron
Oh I'm going to - especially after confirming through reading that most people that have had pinched mantle run gfo....and others with successful clam keeping run an aluminum based phosphate binder or none at all. There's a huge article about pinched mantle on reef frontiers...anyway as always your tank is gorgeous tron...

I really want a PiCo but they don't make em my size lol

U have great tank, y another one lol

He is doing custom, how custom r u looking haha

Lol hell no!

This is an older model but to show mpsti the two mods I'm doing, in the same color. I guess within recent 5 makes they're all similar. I heard Yamaha used same body and frame since 03 lol

What's wrong with Costco?!?! I beeee hustling there... 12 years! Management pay is good... And FYI if you're a Costco member we have deals threw kawi for buying new ones! And that ish looks bad ass!

I'm having a house built tron - fiance agreed to.give me the front room with bay windows as the fish tank room so. The plan is 4ft x 4ft x 18inch walk around cube....159.8 gallons ;)

SouthFlorida_Tron
What's wrong with Costco?!?! I beeee hustling there... 12 years! Management pay is good... And FYI if you're a Costco member we have deals threw kawi for buying new ones! And that ish looks bad ass!

Just started a savings a count today to help me put down for the finance...

I'm having a house built tron - fiance agreed to.give me the front room with bay windows as the fish tank room so. The plan is 4ft x 4ft x 18inch walk around cube....159.8 gallons ;)

Oh, that's not a "pico" lol

True...too bad they only eat flatworms

Flatworm eating nudis? Where can I get one? Did you get it local? I live in Sunrise.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Go to sleep Tron, lol it's pass your bed time here in Florida! haha

####... I just got in from work! And still up looking at bike gear and aftermarket exhausts!

Tron, gonna enter anything in this month's photo contest?

Prolly not...

Your Tank is still looking great. I will have to update mine here pretty soon.

Thx Mac, update that ish!

I'm gonna wait until things color up. I went through a crash from running too much gfo. Some pieces went through rtn so I either had to frag them or toss em. Anyhow, Picked up a red planet mili and forest fire digi the other day--glows like a high lighter under the AI unit.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I'm gonna wait until things color up. I went through a crash from running too much gfo. Some pieces went through rtn so I either had to frag them or toss em. Anyhow, Picked up a red planet mili and forest fire digi the other day--glows like a high lighter under the AI unit.

True that, ya gfo, pffft, I always ONLY use 2-3 tspn. Very small amount

Hope ya have a good Easter bro! Side ? How often do you change out your filter floss? Once a

Week... Every other day? I think that maybe a source of my nitrates... Gonna Start changing every other day instead of twice a week.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Hope ya have a good Easter bro! Side ? How often do you change out your filter floss? Once a

Week... Every other day? I think that maybe a source of my nitrates... Gonna Start changing every other day instead of twice a week.

Floss? Like once a week. I wait til it's REALLLLLY gunked up and water flows over it and not through it. But my chaeto and slimmer have really come alive lately. Even with daily Phyto (day) & oyster feasts (overnight) feeding my nitrates are never an issue.

Highly doubt it's ur floss... Check ur chemical filtration

gotta get a liter bike 600's are for rookies

I am a rookie lol. If I wanna go 150mph, I have my car... But $300 a month in gas is not cool.

The bike will b for economy & fun. I know.... Oxymoron lol

Just changed the chemipure elite and purigen last week... They have come down some. And I know this oceanic protein skimmer does nada anyway... Tunze isn't going in till I set up the new tank for the swap

Archived