Cultivated Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

Brs dosers? Anyone? Or the bubble magus doser... But it has 3 and I would use 2... But then has the controllability...

I use the bubble magus. It makes dosing magnesium easy.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tron,

Everything looking good over your way! I gotta say i am loving florida, finally have moved in for about 3 weeks now. So much LFS around here and very close to one another. I can't wait to get back into reefing. Is there anything else i need to know about florida and LFS?

SouthFlorida_Tron
I use the bubble magus. It makes dosing magnesium easy.

How's the controller? Simple to use? With brs I'd need a timer for the 1.1ml a minute....

With the bubble magus I just program how much per day?

Hey Tron,

Everything looking good over your way! I gotta say i am loving florida, finally have moved in for about 3 weeks now. So much LFS around here and very close to one another. I can't wait to get back into reefing. Is there anything else i need to know about florida and LFS?

Shop around, prices and corals vary from shop to shop.... And as always use caution lol....

Glad to see you enjoying the sunshine!

I really do hate looking at you tank journal, it pisses me off that my tank doesn't look as nice as yours :rolleyes: . I remember a while back you were talking about the color of you AI and how you wanted more, are you going to stay with LED's and just wait for the new AI?

How's the controller? Simple to use? With brs I'd need a timer for the 1.1ml a minute....

With the bubble magus I just program how much per day?

With the bubble magus you program what time of day and how many ml's for each container. It's really simple. You can manually dose as well. I know some of the other dosers like the profilux allow you do dose the same chemical more than once a day. I dose alk at midnight, cal at 8 pm, and mag at 4pm. I think I dose the same amount of alk and cal, but my mag is at a lower number. Dosers are expensive, but make dosing so much easier.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I really do hate looking at you tank journal, it pisses me off that my tank doesn't look as nice as yours :rolleyes: . I remember a while back you were talking about the color of you AI and how you wanted more, are you going to stay with LED's and just wait for the new AI?

Lol... Carrill..... Ya I decided to stay with the ai after seeing incredible results live on side by side comparisons of the sol vs radion tested with the apogee par meter... Radion also ended up croaking from salt creep at the LFS.

With the bubble magus you program what time of day and how many ml's for each container. It's really simple. You can manually dose as well. I know some of the other dosers like the profilux allow you do dose the same chemical more than once a day. I dose alk at midnight, cal at 8 pm, and mag at 4pm. I think I dose the same amount of alk and cal, but my mag is at a lower number. Dosers are expensive, but make dosing so much easier.

Ya I'm getting worn out from doing it every day... So y adding it at different times?

It really seems like Dave and AI are the best of the best in the LED industry (without going DIY). The growth, color, and quality are just top notch. I need to make more money. I need a sugar momma'.

SouthFlorida_Tron
It really seems like Dave and AI are the best of the best in the LED industry (without going DIY). The growth, color, and quality are just top notch. I need to make more money. I need a sugar momma'.

Now that I've remounted the light to an appropriate 12", this thing covers the tank so nicely, and I'm able to utilize the power better...

Ahhhh. I love it when I get a break to peruse tank builds :happydance:

Please enjoy the fruits of your labor.

SouthFlorida_Tron
hey tron would one AI sol super blue be sufficent for a 20L with sps in the middle?

How long is 29l, 20"?? Lol, anything under 30" with 1 sol @ 12" high will b fine with SOS in the middle. At the moment, with a 14" depth, and the light at 12", I have a happy pearl berry in the sand dead center next to the clam....

Waiting for flcandy to pick up.....if shell ever come get it......

Having said that I'm also getting great growth from SPS off enter about 4-6" right, middle placement.

Nice work Tron, I love your tank.

Thanks! Just keeping it sexy nano.... Just keeping it sexy.

SEX SELLS!

SouthFlorida_Tron
You just want to creep on the candy. ;p

She's spoken for and I have a wife & kid lol

do you mean 4-6 inches off center of the the light or the center of the tank?

Ummmm... So lost now... Uh, both, 4-6 off center from center of tank, which places them about 2" off the end of the light (actual module)

If you can hold it for Sunday the 8th I can make it be his anniversary present to me.

If you need it gone sooner don't worry about it. Thanks for the comment re the creeping. ;) Really appreciate it with everything else. :rolleyes:

SouthFlorida_Tron
I stand corrected. :owned:

:ninja:

so in a 12 inch deep tank I can grow sps well a couple of inches outside of the light :)

At the proper coverage/height of light, yes.

Hopefully this isn't weird, but I love this pic and had to make it my wallpaper lol

photo2-7.jpg

Please enjoy!

If you can hold it for Sunday the 8th I can make it be his anniversary present to me.

If you need it gone sooner don't worry about it. Thanks for the comment re the creeping. ;) Really appreciate it with everything else. :rolleyes:

It's not "for sale" lol... It was for u only sorta thing... Lol

It's not "for sale" lol... It was for u only sorta thing... Lol

Well if it's cool I can come and get it on the 8th.

Thanks IDK I just figured you were trying to make some room, I didn't realize I was the only one it had been offered to. Makes me feel Special! :happy:

Can I get some fries with that shake?! :ninja:

Sorry not in the right frame of mind these last 2 days.

I will bring you some fries if you like. ;)

PicO Aquariums
Hopefully this isn't weird, but I love this pic and had to make it my wallpaper lol

photo2-7.jpg

I love this picture too! I made it part of my up coming IPhone/Android app.. :P

Hope I don't get in trouble for stealing it, I haven't asked yet :ninja:

SouthFlorida_Tron
Sorry not in the right frame of mind these last 2 days.

I will bring you some fries if you like. ;)

Done!

I love this picture too! I made it part of my up coming IPhone/Android app.. :P

Hope I don't get in trouble for stealing it, I haven't asked yet :ninja:

Hah, all u have to do is ask! But at least steal the newer one so that ugly clam pedestal is gone, and your mounts are in!

6855796892_95df4d60ca_z.jpg

3-20-12 Fisheye FTS by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Archived