Coral Vue Hydros

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

newtank3.jpg

Pages 1-9 are the 29 gallon biocube PAGE 9 ON IS THE NEW PICO

Fresh start of my old tank. Tore it down over the summer when i moved from the city to the burbs. Started the tank up again about 8 weeks ago. No lid this time around, im using marineland reef cabable led fixture. 35 lbs of bahama oolite sand. 30 lbs of brs reef saver live rock. No bio balls. replaced with old live rock rubble. Fliter floss on the top grate. Im sure there is more ive done.

*1/4/12 FTS

009.jpg

Equipment

BC29 no lid (custom acrylic lid being made)

Aqua Illumination Sol Super blue and Controller

maxijet 900 (removed 90' elbow just one tube now)

Vortech MP10

oceanic protein skimmer

BRS 4 stage RO/DI

Oceanic Reef Crystals

inTank Media and fuge basket

Chemipure elite purigen and 10w underwater light *installed 1/25*

Live Stock

Black Ocellaris and Orange Clowns *orange added 11/25/11 black added 1/26/12*

Diamond Goby *added 11/12/11*

Sixline Wrasse *added 11/4/11*

Citron Clown goby *added 11/4/11*

Green Bubble Tip Anemone *added 1/26/12*

Corals

Xenia

Radio active polyps

Frogspawn

Metallic green goniopra

2 headed Duncan

Neon green ricordia

Hot pink Zoa's

Sps

CUC

2 Mexican turbo snails

1 cereth snail (other 2 killed by hermit crabs)

3 Red hair crabs

Current Ai Programming

Time ramp time White/blue/Royal blue

12pm 30 10/15/15

1pm 60 15/20/20

230 90 20/25/25

430 30 37/39/39

6pm 60 25/25/25

7pm 30 20/20/20

830 45 15/17/17

930 30 5/8/8

11pm 30 0/0/2 (lunar)

130am 0/0/0

25% Chance of thunderstorm 1 time a day.

485.jpg

486.jpg

And this is what it use to look like

phonepics058.jpg

Added Sixline wrasse and Citron clown goby 11/4/11

11/9/11

Got the RO/DI today, although had to run over to home depot for a different adapter for my faucet.

033.jpg

And my 2 buddys! Will be picking up a pair of clowns soon... Then some frag packs

034.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1

Thanks, Kinda basic but i like it. I have the urge to pick up a VorTech MP10 ES and ditch the koralia 1. I really like all the operational modes it has. Plus it will flow enough for when i upgrade to a rimless 50g

• 2 weeks later...

Added a little diamond goby and 2 mexican turbo's friday, possibly this week or next i'll grab a pair of clowns and thats it for fish... Still on the hunt for a deal on the Vortech mp10... hopefully i can find a black friday deal on it

BRS with awesome shipping and a great price on the MP10... Just put it in an hour ago and set it on ecosmart tidal swell mode... The Xenia loves it and so do the fish! More pics soon!

Damn LFS had 40% off on all fish and coral for black friday... So grabbed a pair of clowns one black ocellaris and one orange. And a decent sized metallic green goniopra

• 3 weeks later...

My Xenia seems to have not liked the recent water change 2 days ago... Or that I changed the mp10 to lagoon mode..It's shrinking down lots! : ( but the goinopra is big and open like usual.

Tank is looking good so far! I'm impressed by the colorful coralline all over your rocks already.

How high do you have your mp10 turned up?

P.S. nice subaru.. :)

Tank is looking good so far! I'm impressed by the colorful coralline all over your rocks already.

How high do you have your mp10 turned up?

P.S. nice subaru.. :)

Nice color choice on yours aswell. Mine is a huge money pit, Everything possible has pretty much been done. Frequently road race it.

I love the color coming in as well as the coraline growth in a month and a half. Best purchase ive made was the brs ro/di combined with oceanic reef crystals instead of buying water at my lfs.

Awesome scape. This is just my opinion, with a single mp10 id stick to reef crest or lagoon polyp extension is nuts and id say turn that sucker up some, like 70-90%...your frog will heart you long time

Awesome scape. This is just my opinion, with a single mp10 id stick to reef crest or lagoon polyp extension is nuts and id say turn that sucker up some, like 70-90%...your frog will heart you long time

Hmmmm i may have to move the mp10 slightly, if i turn it up that high it would probably blow the xenia right off the rock that it finally attached itself to. I think i may add the the spacer to the mp10 today. Ive seen some say they added it to the bc29 and some have not.

How do you like those LEDs?

Surprisingly they are awesome... Way better then the stock fixture, the only thing i miss is the moon light. I did also add a 12" super blue strip the i bought at my lfs which helps it look alot more intense. However i may be selling the marineland and the led strip when i purchase the ai sol super blue (still debating). I really want to be able to control everything. Its pricey but worth it imo... and Having a cycle from sun up to sun down and a lunar phase all in one unit is perfect for what i want.

Im getting a custom acrylic top made by a member on here after Christmas.. Cant wait for that

Ordered the ai sol super blue and controller from reef geek!!!!

Picked up the piece of 1/2" acrylic to make the custom top on friday!

SouthFlorida_Tron

How does that sand not blow everywhere with the mp10! I'm happy I got thicker sand cuz now I run it at 100%

Acros and LpS love it!

How does that sand not blow everywhere with the mp10! I'm happy I got thicker sand cuz now I run it at 100%

Acros and LpS love it!

I think i have it right at the perfect level, my sand is very fine but i get no sand blowing luckly!

And here is my idea for the ai sol mount.

Mount.jpg

Was looking at Home Depot today, Might just do a simple L bracket similar to Tron's Ai mount, Then when it gets warmer out again make the adjustable one in the garage so then I can weld sand and paint it.

Just finished mounting and setting up the controller for my Ai Sol Blue led fixture. First off id like to thank Tron for pointing me in the direction of who i should order it from and answering all my questions. Second thank you George at reef geek for answering all my emails and questions and the fantastic price and the laffy taffy! Alright I love this thing! The color's are awesome way better than anything ive had before. Programming was pretty simple once i got the hang of it. The L brackets at 16" without the center support sag, I figured they would a little bit. Currently the unit is 8" from water line. I'll be making the mount that i had sketched last week in the spring so for now this will do.

Current programming

Time ramp time White/blue/Royal blue

12pm 30 10/15/15

1pm 60 15/20/20

230 90 20/25/25

430 30 25/28/28

6pm 60 25/25/25

7pm 30 20/20/20

830 45 15/17/17

930 30 5/8/8

11pm 30 0/2/0 (lunar)

3am 0/0/0

25% Chance of thunderstorm 1 time a day.

My old LED fixture was just 230-915 everyday.

onto some pics. sorry all iphone 4s pics

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

And inside the cabinet mount

014.jpg

Archived