Cultivated Reef

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Post it so the size replicates there's and put it infront of them

Wow seriously? I'm doing this tomorrow....I want my clowns to host mine! It's been almost 2 years and they haven't even touched it!

Hey I was reading your post about your nitrates.

Looking at your list of foods and your feeding schedule:

Feed like once every other day

Cut out the Rods Food! That saved me in the past. There's just too much micro stuff in there that never gets eaten by anything. That's the point of Rod's, but in a nano it's just too much. I had the same issue and that made it go away. The LPS corals will accept larger food and the sps don't really need it.

Drain frozen foods. I dont know if you do this, but it helps so much. I used to thaw a cube of mysis or whatever and just pour some into the tank. Now I'm thawing it, then draining the cup and leaving just the shrimp. I have found that I can actually feed more often by doing that.

Hope that helps.

Hey I was reading your post about your nitrates.

Looking at your list of foods and your feeding schedule:

Feed like once every other day

Cut out the Rods Food! That saved me in the past. There's just too much micro stuff in there that never gets eaten by anything. That's the point of Rod's, but in a nano it's just too much. I had the same issue and that made it go away. The LPS corals will accept larger food and the sps don't really need it.

Drain frozen foods. I dont know if you do this, but it helps so much. I used to thaw a cube of mysis or whatever and just pour some into the tank. Now I'm thawing it, then draining the cup and leaving just the shrimp. I have found that I can actually feed more often by doing that.

Hope that helps.

Alright once every other day, and I'll start draining the mysis, you recommend any other foods besides the flake and mysis then?

I've been using what others have rec'd which is:

PE mysis and Cyclops combo is the best

Spectrum pellets and flakes

Frozen Brine shrimp once in a while for food diversity. Brine is like mcdonalds for fish. Lol

That's all I mostly use and it's been fine. I give the tang algae sheets and I also have some other type of flake, but only the tang likes it. Got it cause it as cheap.

If I could recommend you to watch mrsaltwatertank on YouTube, and bulk reef supply YouTube videos. I've gotten a ton of info from both of those.

Oh, also, I used to watch the tank and keep puting food in there if I saw that a fish wasn't getting any. Now I'm trying to strategically place the food so everyone gets some. In doing so everyone ha become accustomed to the turkey baster. If I even wave that thing over the tank it's a feeing frenzy. Lol. Even the porcelain crabs know what it is. And my big hermit. They grab it and don't let go. One clown even sticks his face all up in it.

Anyway, again, hope that helps.

Just did another 6gal water change, the brown crap algae is just about gone now, I've adjusted the feeding's to once every other day, a little flake then drop some frozen mysis in the ziplock cup... Wait till it thaw's then drain the water then drop it in, I spot feed the nem and Duncan's and frogspawn every other feeding.. The nem looks huge! I don't like where he has shacked up but can't control that. Now damn you clowns host him already!!!

hows that picture method working for you for the clown hosting?

Surprisingly well actually, they get super close dip there head in them swim away and repeat that all day. At night they sleep one above and one under

I've been thinking of ditching the biocube protein for hydor slim skim nano, I feel like the biocube skimmer does nothing. Can't fit the tunze in chamber 2 because I have inTank media basket and fuge. So I think the hydor will fit in chamber one. Plus I think I may raise the temp a bit. Consistently around 75ish may bump to 77

Aquatic life 115?

Nice, see I knew I shoulda just hit you up. I really think the oceanic one aint doin anything. And I think the pic is starting to work, my larger clown is slowly testing the nem, comes in super close... Dips his tail in then takes a lap around the tank and starts over.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Nice, see I knew I shoulda just hit you up. I really think the oceanic one aint doin anything. And I think the pic is starting to work, my larger clown is slowly testing the nem, comes in super close... Dips his tail in then takes a lap around the tank and starts over.

Yup, that's the sign. Put that pic up & hell be in within a week.

Wow. I really doubted this method. Yet everything he's said so far has worked for me so... Way to go!

So did i at first, Like tron had told me find a pic of one that looks very similar to your bta also clowns that look very similar too. Id say i left two pics taped to the glass for about 2 weeks or so and would take them down when i had family over cause they all think im nuts, then put them back up. But sure enough it started to work. Im pretty amazed myself, my gf refuses to believe that the pics had anything to do with it lol

:)

Myth turns legend! Grats

Thanks man! I'll get some pics hopefully today or tomorrow, for now off to the auto show! Oh so want the new Jeep grand cherokee srt8 as a dd and keep the STi for track and weekends. My crappy dd kia is on its last leg. 500 dollar kia lasted 2 years though

Pics or it didn't happen!

Haha I'll get some pics, Im still shocked it started to work. Id say a few more days and my orange clown will get nice and comfy in her new home.

I'm getting a BTA. SFT, send me a pic of yourself (Bob the Builder would wrk too) and I'll post that on the glass. After two weeks my clowns will be manufacturing aquariums and calling me 'sir'. $500 pays for itself!

SouthFlorida_Tron
I'm getting a BTA. SFT, send me a pic of yourself (Bob the Builder would wrk too) and I'll post that on the glass. After two weeks my clowns will be manufacturing aquariums and calling me 'sir'. $500 pays for itself!

:ninja:omgomgomg

Archived