Innovative Marine Aquariums

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

2 days so far with the Sol super blue... All i can say is its freakin awesome. Love the color and the ability to change everything to what i like. Well worth it imo.

Also just ordered a bunch of things from intank, media basket and fuge basket, chemipure elite and purigen and 10w underwater light. Trying to get my water super clear and following similar things to what tron does.

• Like 1
  • Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks awesome ! Between you and tron showing off your sol fixtures I might have to buy one without the wife's approval. Where in Chicago are you at ?

We just moved from the northside to schaumburg back in Aug i miss the city. Order this thing its everything people say and more. I told the gf i sold the marinland led which hasnt sold yet so i had to order a new one ;) I need a better camera the iphone makes it look super blue.

Looks amazing!

Can't believe the color change with that Sol.

Nice!

Thanks! Yea the color change is awesome. The colors on the frogspawn and the radioactive polyp's really pop now! Even the tips on the metallic green goniopra pop! Like an intense neon green.

Went to the lfs to grab some Rods reef food and ended up grabbing a 2 head duncan! Hope the order from inTank shows up or ships soon. And of course i order it then the next day i see his coupon :(

And cheese and rice the orange clown bit onto the black clown's bottom fin and wouldnt let go! I almost reached in there and pulled him out!

Or hungry

Thought this too, so I mixed up some rods coral food and mysis and dropped it in, hopefully no big deal.

Most days I feed them some flake in the morning and some mysis/rods food in the evening, I want to pick up some pellets too but not sure which kind, I don't think I'm under feeding them?? Really just don't want to over feed.

SouthFlorida_Tron

for pellets i recommend the Spectrum Thera A, normal size and for small fish (small pellets) so which ever you think you need if you want pellets...

for pellets i recommend the Spectrum Thera A, normal size and for small fish (small pellets) so which ever you think you need if you want pellets...

Copy that. Just trying to keep a variety, some flake some mysis some rods food and maybe some pellet.

inTank shipment is in bound!

I was honestly thinking about a 6-line wrasse as a possibility in my tank but last time I had one he went carpet surfing. Wrasses like to jump a lot so I have been trying to get a list up that didn't include a wrasse but some of them are so cool. Does your 6-line jump at all? Maybe mine was hyper active.

Chauncer- yea I call my 6 line spaz! He's super active, within the first week he jumped into the 3rd chamber 3 times and one was during a water change. I've got the inTank fish saver that I've had for a few years back in, since then no problems. Get those pics up of the radion!

Thatdude- I normally leave the glass off when I'm home, I don't want to completely de-rim it cause I think it's part of the structure/ added strength. I am having a custom 1/2" acrylic top made right now by glazer, 10" feed door in the front, 14" door in the back to access the rear compartments and a 4"x4" cut out corner in the right rear for my protein skimmer, once that is on I think it will make the tank look awesome, nice and clean look. Plus help with the carpet surfers.

Kyclops- Thanks man, Like that s2k!

sick nasty bro

Thanks man.

inTank shipment is out for delivery! Started removing a few pieces of rubble at a time yesterday. Water change sunday and get ready to put everything in.

rinse the chemipure elite good, it will turn your water brown from all the charcoal. i would rinse it put it in let it run and then do a WC.

Got it! I may wait till the next water change to put everything in. I started removing a few pieces of the rubble every 3 days. Then once all the rubble is out pull the grate up suck out the crap and swap everything in and run it for a bit then water change. Gotta hunt down some chateo aswell...

Tragedy has struck!!! Had to start work at 2am for inventory today and when i was leaving the house i noticed my pump wasnt on or should say wasnt pumping anything. So i unplugged it moved it to a different outlet on the power strip... nothing just a slight hum.. So after some tinkering shinning the flashlight down there to see if anything was stuck in it... still nada... had to leave for work and figured id take it out when i got home left it unplugged since the mp10 was still running fine. Well got home from work and pulled the pump out..... My black clown jumped into the chamber with the pump and was sucked right to the inlet of it head and tail first in. He was in a small ball when he fell out of the pump after i removed it. :(

So needless to say was super bummed, I had my inTank fish saver on but had moved it when i placed my new acrylic top on last night, He must of jumped when i put the top on and i hadnt noticed.

The other clown looks so lost right now, i'll probably go grab another black clown later this week so he has a buddy again.

In other news... Got my custom acrylic top from Steve yesterday aka glazer on here... This thing is exactly what i wanted. Once i get the inTank media basket and fuge in i'll be able to close the rear door also modified the fish saver today so it'll fit under the acrylic top. I'll try to get some pics up tonight

Archived