inTank Media Baskets

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

From my experience they are just the same as the shorter tubed feather dusters. Those just look older. The brown part is old tube that may not be used anymore. In my old tank, they were growing on the side of the acrylic (which is in bad shape with corraline and scratches) and you can see into the tubes in some places. When you tap the tank you can watch them crawl deep into the tube. Over time they became curly like yours too. Maybe that rock used to be in someone's sump or something. I'd love to have that rock haha.

You should edit your first post to include lists of your livestock, equipment, etc. That way I can look back and find out what kind of fish Dr. Suess is without sounding dumb or revealing my bad memory ;)

Ethan, if it wasn't for you my thread would be so much shiitier than it is! OK, fine I'll redo my front page like every other organized person. I don't mind if you look dumb in my thread.....makes me feel better.

Sooo cool! They've grown a lot for you :)

Definitely try reef gardener. And if there's something you're looking for that isn't on her site, ask her. She may just have it but it's not listed.

I should be ready for another batch of coral on a week or two. I'll see what she has then!

As always, thanks!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is really coming together! I really like that monti combo you have and of course Dr. Seuss is adorable. You and Randi make me want a midas blenny.

Thank you Felicia! So far all corals are growing and looking good.

Midas blennies look great in a pic, but to see them in a tank is amazing imo. Theyway they swim and look around, they have so much personality. I think they can go in a small tank and very large ones. At the 2400gal tank at Bass Pro, there are 3 of them. They tend to hang together, swimming all over the place and among some giant agressive fish!

Of course I'm bias, but I don't know why almost all nanos don't have one.

Thank you Felicia! So far all corals are growing and looking good.

Midas blennies look great in a pic, but to see them in a tank is amazing imo. Theyway they swim and look around, they have so much personality. I think they can go in a small tank and very large ones. At the 2400gal tank at Bass Pro, there are 3 of them. They tend to hang together, swimming all over the place and among some giant agressive fish!

Of course I'm bias, but I don't know why almost all nanos don't have one.

I may have to get one at some point. My starry is shaped similarly, so he probably swims about the same way they do. My starry has so much personality but he's cute in a grumpy way, while the midas blennies are just adorable.

Thanks Joel. Last night I counted almost 30 corals in my tank. Still looks so empty, lol.

Maybe another coral order in another week!

Good question! I'd like to fill up my zoa rock on the right side and the paly rock on the left. But only with really colorfull polyps!!!!!

Since I still have lots of room, I'd like some really colorfull monti's, sps, acans, rics, favia and chalice!!!

I don't think I want anymore softies or things that sting.

Someday I'd love me a pink clam like Brad's

That's a lot to choose from!!!!! Acans will give you tons of color :)

I actually ordered an acan pack from Mr. Coral a few years ago that arrived perfectly healthy and very colorfully (is that a word???? :lol:)

I actually ordered an acan pack from Mr. Coral a few years ago that arrived perfectly healthy and very colorfully (is that a word???? :lol:)

Works! We get it and I like making up words!

Midas Blennies are AWESOME! :D

Of course its a word. I used to play it in Scrabble all the time!

Midas have to be the best all around reef fish ever.

Good question! I'd like to fill up my zoa rock on the right side and the paly rock on the left. But only with really colorfull polyps!!!!!

Since I still have lots of room, I'd like some really colorfull monti's, sps, acans, rics, favia and chalice!!!

I don't think I want anymore softies or things that sting.

Someday I'd love me a pink clam like Brad's

Haha pink clam nice ;) watch live aquaria every day lol.

And I am right around there with ya Spiro - I only got 46 corals - 13 of them are acans and 6 are zoas lol.....meh

Also for your pictures - go into settings and turn the exposure down one or two notches - it may look dark on your phone but it will look right on the PC. Also try using cloudy or sunset scene

Tank was 4 months old yesterday. No big deal, really, but everything is growing nicely except my GSP which I don't care that much about anyway.

IMG_0491.jpg

Hey Spiro - try slicing some off with a razor and the sticking it to the rock with a toothpick. I bet your gasp will take off ;)

Tank was 4 months old yesterday. No big deal, really, but everything is growing nicely except my GSP which I don't care that much about anyway.

IMG_0491.jpg

Yours is only 2 months younger then mine! Happy birthday tank!

Yea happy bday tank! Lol...mine is all of 3months 1 week 3 days old meh...I wanna know what my year make will bring

Yea happy bday tank! Lol...mine is all of 3months 1 week 3 days old meh...I wanna know what my year make will bring

I know I am so essited! :happy: I believe I am about 1/2 way there! SO weird this tank has been up that long!

Haha what's worse is my chi was setup for close to 7 months and didn't nearly have anything done to it throughout that time rofl

Haha what's worse is my chi was setup for close to 7 months and didn't nearly have anything done to it throughout that time rofl

Mine will be 7 months old before the SUMP and stand are done! :lol:

Hey Spiro - try slicing some off with a razor and the sticking it to the rock with a toothpick. I bet your gasp will take off ;)

Thanks Brad, but right now I don't really want a carpet of it like I thought I was gonna when I first set it up.

Mine will be 7 months old before the SUMP and stand are done! :lol:

HaHa!! My stand is done, but I am thinking of adding a sump, maybe a 40B!!!! I'm sure that will take me about 7 months to figure it out!

surgicalsense
So your uncle is an ugly, old redneck SOB, with a big lobster?

No more like redneck with his firearms, happy when he hunts and watches football.

Archived