-American DJ 8 outlet powerstrip

-Jager 100W heater 2 Hydor 50W heaters on RKL Control

-Air Water Ice Mighty Mite RODI

CURRENT FTS:

2ii8knq.jpg

Livestock:

-Black and White Clown

-Vivid Fancy Ocellaris

-Yasha Goby (have yet to see this fish since it dove into the rocks on day 1???????)

-Mandarin Dragonette

-Leopard Wrasse

-Fromia Starfish

-Ultra Maxima Clam

Corals:

SPS

-Tyree Pink Lemonade

-Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti

-Rainbow Monti

-Garf Bonsai

-Orange Crush Acro

-Bali Slimer

-ORA Red Planet

-Jason Fox "Unknown" Acro

-Random from local reefer

LPS

-Various Rainbow Acans

-Purple with green tips Torch

-Eyes in the Sky Chalice

-WWC Razzle Dazzle Chalice

-WWC Moonshine Chalice

Softs

-Rasta zoas Melted Away :angry:

-Red Hornet zoas

-WWC Pandora Palys

-Blue Hornet zoas

-Toucan Zoas

-La Lakers zoas

-Mushrooms: discos/rhodactis/ricordea

Cuc:

-Dwarf blue legged hermits

-2 red legged hermits

-Virgin Nerites

-Dwarf Ceriths

-Nassarus Vibex

-Pods + from reefcleaners

-Blood/Fire Shrimp for LFS

Still need to Get/Do:

-MP10 ES Just bought on its way!!

-Reefkeeper Lite w/ SL2

-DIY black acrylic box to cover rear chambers

-DIY brs clear mesh top cover

20gzdzd.jpg

FTS 11/21/11

5ntdo9.jpg

Diatoms gone now 11/25/11

FTS 12/19/11

lwr41.jpg

FTS 12/31/11

1zl6c60.jpg

FTS 2/5/12

n2h4xi.jpg

FTS 3/19/12

rabuyg.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very nice! did you de rim it yourself?

Yes. A hacksaw and about 100 fresh razor blades + at least 1.5 hours. Well worth it though

Looks great! Love the swivel fixture.

CUC recommendation: http://www.reefcleaners.ord

I sorely wish I had access to reefcleaners down here ...

Yes have heard great things about reefcleaners but should have been more specific.... Looking for specific species recommendations for a CUC. I like dwarf ceriths and bumble bee snails. Probably add a fire shrimp too. Any others that are good? Maybe nassarus or nerites for the sand? Dwarf hermits?

qualitycontrol

I recently picked up a bc29 HQI with livestock and everything for a steal. Want to put the AI nano over top of that.

My question is, with the touch sensitive controls of the AI nano, why do you need the controller?

I was thinking about getting rid of my mh in favor of either the nano or the sol. I figure the halide setup has to be worth something to kinda offset the cost of the led's

I recently picked up a bc29 HQI with livestock and everything for a steal. Want to put the AI nano over top of that.

My question is, with the touch sensitive controls of the AI nano, why do you need the controller?

Why do you need the touch controls is the question I think they are kind of a strange feature. The controller most importantly is the timer settings. You can set I think up to 16 individual timers with ramp up and down times and control each LED color individually by %s and by time of day. I feel like the touch controls are kind of a sales pitch with no real value. I mean who would get up every morning and turn on each led individually and then turn them off at night every single day thats just crazy. You could never get the exact color or intensity the same everytime let alone an exact photoperiod.

The lunar cycle mode for moonlights is a cool feature too. Plus thunderstorms in the tank are just fun..... Currently have it set at 20% chance a day 3 times a week.

I was thinking about getting rid of my mh in favor of either the nano or the sol. I figure the halide setup has to be worth something to kinda offset the cost of the led's

Throw the HQI light on the classified section in this forum some stuff sells on there in minutes. Someone is always building.

Dont think you would need the Sol unless you want a bigger tank down the road, the Nano is perfect IMO for a BC29.

Ordered my CUC today from reefcleaners. Dwarf ceriths, vergin nerites, pods+, and nassarius vibex.

Wanted the 300 live "reef pods" and they were out! They had them last night and today all sold out!

Also wanted some Chaeto and they were out of that too!

Nice tank. Loving that swing arm AI nano. I might steal your idea when I get my AI nano. :D

Good choice with reefcleaners. I ordered their "quick crew" and chaeto but unfortunately, they ran out of chaeto. That was over a month ago. You're gonna get a whole lots and lots of Dwarf ceriths. :happy:

You're gonna get a whole lots and lots of Dwarf ceriths. :happy:

I know I have heard the stories so I ordered less. Hope its not 110. I read a thread where some guy ordered 20 and got like 150! I dont want that many

bwoodward0012

i ordered the 30 br cuc with hermits and got enough cuc for well over a 100 gallons. its okay though, i have enough snails and hermits to keep setting up tanks without having to buy anymore cuc.

I ordered mine for a 10 gallon (my tank is only a 7.5) but i got at least 100 snails total. I didn't order any hermits but as it turned out, some of the snails were really hermits. Like bwoodward0012 said, you'll never need to get a cuc again. :D

Well I ordered 20 dwarf ceriths and probably got about 100. Turns out about 45 shells were empty. The virgin nerites and nassarus vibex where about right didnt really count them.

New FTS: Snails and Frags everywhere!

15482s8.jpg

Frags in the tank and slowly moving up for light acclimation. Diatom bloom gaining steam but the hermits and snails are having a buffet. Tried to get a pic of the blood shrimp but he loves hanging upside down in his cave. Only comes out when the turkey baster hits the water then he is a wild man :)

RKL is awesome water stays at 77 degrees all the time. No more big swings. Standby mode for feeding is great too. The koralia 750 would only work in standby on outlet number 1 of the RKL. Not sure why maybe the amps?

Finally got the jager 100w out of the DT and got 2 hydor theo 50w in chamber 3. Next DIY is to make a black acrylic box to cover the rear chambers and skimmer cup to make a nice clean look and help a little with evaporation. Should be a quick and easy DIY.

Up next MP10es hopefully on a black friday special

New pics 11/12/11

Various Frags: Zoas, shrooms, Blasto merletti, purple/green Acan

iwlyft.jpg

Rainbow acan

1j3loh.jpg

very nice light. i hope to be in your shoes in a month or so.

I was very lucky to find the AI Nano for $250 shippped BNIB on ebay one day. Guy never even took it out of the box. Awesome light def grab one if you can

Corals look great, that light is one I've been coveting too.

It really is an amazing light. So much smaller than I originally thought. Cant believe the light it puts out

Clown in the tank. First fish :D

I also have three new frags coming on Thursday I bought on ebay. Ebay seller happyreefing.

3 more zoas:

Red Hornets

Sunset Zoas

Biohazard Zoas

Will post pics when they get here

Clown fish hanging out with the fire shrimp:

2qklb1f.jpg

FTS as of 11/15/11: Diatoms starting to go away after a big bloom this week. CUC is feasting nonstop

350q9w2.jpg

Frags added from ebay. No more zoas after this I promise

All frags were purchased from HappyReefing out of Oregon. Shipped to my door for free.

Red Hornets 5 polyps for 60$

2sb3l12.jpg

BioHazard Zoas (neon green center red skirt) 8 polyps 30$

4iymgl.jpg

Sunset Zoas (Blue mouth, yellow ring, orange skirt) 6 polyps 40$

140kjut.jpg

Will be placing frags for Zoa Garden grow out this weekend

Archived