Innovative Marine Aquariums

Coral Fluorescence

metrokat

I'm curious to know which corals you have that emit different fluorescent colors at night with the moonlights.

Online coral selection is very difficult, as sellers use different lights, obviously choosing the best light to show off the coral in question.

My tank shows almost all neon greens with only 2 oranges (blasto and ric) when moonlights are on. I was hoping to add some more that would show up as orange, gold or other colors besides green. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Such a damn tease for a man.

Don't like #1 or 2, or 3 (is green but pretty, what kind of monti is that?

#4 does nothing for me

#5 is great, king midas?

#6 is pretty! what is that? day light pic?

#7 I have

#8 nice piece, I'm not sure I like plates, might add one but much later.

Wow, 'Kat,

With tact and finesse you pretty well consigned most of DHaut's coral to the D list. LoL. This thread has it all: education, corals, and entertainment

kevin.

Builder Anthony

Just like my most favorite picture ever.........favias are very nice corals but i dont think frags cut it with them a nicd size peice is really needed.

DSCF1510-4.jpg

Mercury rising zoas are a nice red... ORA Red planet...Ice Fire Echinata... umm maybe a Tridacna .. derasas come in some nice golds care for clams sucks imo

Zoanthids and palythoas are very colorful under actinic especially LED and have all sort of fluorescent colors. That's pretty much all there is in my tank that have yellow, orange or red fluorescence. I do have one type of mushroom that are fluorescent red but I don't know the name.

I don't have a picture because my camera can't get the LEDs right, but I have found rics and devil's armor palys to look amazing under actinics.

The devil's armor have a beautiful pink center that glows under the blue light. I have a ric that is a bright fluorescent orange with a green mouth that looks amazing.

I have a duncan, orange ric, blasto, ora green birds nest, green leopard palys, eagle eyes, blue mushies, red mushies, green leather and some others that glow nicely. just looking for different color glow - like yellow/gold, more orange, more red, pink.

I have a duncan, orange ric, blasto, ora green birds nest, green leopard palys, eagle eyes, blue mushies, red mushies, green leather and some others that glow nicely. just looking for different color glow - like yellow/gold, more orange, more red, pink.

Have you looked into any cloves. I've got some gold cloves that glow a really nice gold color under the moon lights and also some papaya cloves that fluoresce green in the center but orange towards the tips.

Like this:

24n1wux.jpg

and this:

2b5p3d.jpg

omg! Are these the papaya cloves? Where did you get them. I want :wub:

The picture is not of the ones I have in my tank, but they look the same. I just don't have a fancy camera to take pictures like that. I got them as a frag from someone local, and he mentioned that they're not all that common. My little frag is growing like a champ right now, so maybe in a few months I can start fragging it and list some up on here. :)

:lol: email sent. Hopefully he'll respond. I dropped your name too :)

Awesome. I'm hoping to get brownie points so I get even more free stuff when I buy from him. hehe. I also texted him to let him know you'd be contacting him, so he should get back to you soon.

Archived