• Last Reply

lol shutup, I have about 60+ pics it takes time to upload :P

Plus laptop is broken so I need to steal another computer

Glad to see someone is interested :D

I love your set up!

Just a quick question.

What is this coral?

file.jpg

I know it's an SPS I just don't know what type. I really want one :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to disappoint Square, I was just kidding, although I do have three Freshwater setups running at the moment (2 at the store and one at my house).

Tank is doing pretty good, it is mature and requires close to no maintenance! My Disappearing Wrasse which was rumored to eat small fish when mature lived up to its name, eating one barnacle blenny in August and bullying the Six line to death in late December. Since then he has been removed and replaced with a pair of small Black Ocellaris Clowns, very nice color and distinct stripes.

Other than that nothing has changed, in anticipation for the new tank I haven't added any coral, rocks, inverts, equipment in four + months. I plan to have one big final photo op before breaking down the tank. Bringing me to the current status of that setup...

Tank is being built

Sump is built

Stand is being ordered

Lighting is halfway built (DIY) T5/LED combo

Live Rock is set aside

Equipment list has been finalized

I expect the setup to be fully operational no later than march, perhaps I'll do it during February Break

Only corals that have suffered were from me smashing them by hand while cleaning the tank or catching that stupid wrasse

A new thread is on its way, it will be well organized to say the least although I kind of hate the new format, which is mainly why I have been out of duty for so long :P Thanks for following :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*sigh*

The last water change of my tank, just cleaning it up for the photo shoot

Check out my 60g thread if u liked this one

Or maybe b/c you just love my hilarious antics

Just go to my ####ing thread

From this point on I will start uploading the 30 or so pics, some of them are repeats (not literally, just of the same stuff)

I figured it couldn't hurt...

file_zps33fbd2a6.jpg

file_zpse2f252a3.jpg

file_zps00b23160.jpg

file_zps7c499604.jpg

file_zpsdfe1deaa.jpg

file_zps059c66fb.jpg

file_zpsa4f7448b.jpg

The Arch

file_zps7ae86e59.jpg

file_zpsf6bbfba8.jpg

file_zpsac53a804.jpg

file_zpsba9a6ce8.jpg

file_zps5f13cd60.jpg

file_zpsb89af906.jpg

file_zpscea6e317.jpg

file_zps76008dcd.jpg

file_zps5afd61b0.jpg

file_zps6eacd3d7.jpg

file_zpsafc3f606.jpg

file_zpsca75c72b.jpg

Comments? Great photos, tank is looking great!

Questions? How big was that green acan colony when you first introduced it to the tank?

Concerns? My acans might be growing too slow :blink::D

Oh yea, I look forward to the 60!

Measuring acan growth is super tricky, I've never really seen significant skeleton growth or where the skeleton starts to integrate with live rock. I don't know how they do it in nature.

It mainly tries to fill in so to speak. The best way to measure is to wait for night time and count, it may not look bigger but there are always tiny heads forming in between/under the big ones. On that note, some of my heads have gone from 1/2" in diameter to one inch (or more)

The green acan has grown around 35 heads, I think it helps the acan to elevate it so water can flow underneath and so can more light. B/c there is a lot of skeleton underneath (1/2) that is valuable for usage when the acan seems to hit critical mass

Check out my very first page and look at the acan to the left of the green, that start with a head and a half and grew to 20 large heads, now it filled critical mass and has nowhere to go. :P

Love the blue stripe pipefish. Awesome little guys.

As for measuring your acan growth, it can be tricky. Sometimes they won't spread but growth upwards. I've had times where my scans develop little polyps between the current larger ones. They can push upward and develop a skeleton below the surface. So you see vertical growth rather than horizontal along the rock.

• 4 months later...

Hey NR, I figured there are a lot of people here that may not have seen this build/tank who would have enjoyed it or found it helpful...

For those who are curious all the fish and coral survived the break down and everything found a new home.

Some coral was sold while some has been growing in a massive frag tank, they seem very happy!

Some pieces I decided to keep and put in my current tank, maybe you can spot one!

It is amazing how everything got recycled, from the sump (cleaned and sold), to the rock (used in many customer tanks), to the fish (sold), to the corals (fragged or grown huge), to the lights (use for photography and on my current tank temporarily). You may have a piece of this tank right now O:

Watching,

Waiting to strike,

o_o

• 2 years later...

Sigh, I miss that Blueline Pipe (returned it to store after I broke this tank down and started getting ready for the 40g), was an awesome fish.

Archived