SaltCritters.com

Jgpicos 14 bc

jgpico

That pistol is too cute. Still want a link to the frag tree and the alien paly. fingerscrossed

Thanks metro, I love candy cane pistol shrimp. You can find the frag tree on thriveaquatics.com and I have been meaning to send you a pm back about the alien paly. I promise I haven't forgotten about you :happy:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep...looks like magicians to me too!

That's a yellow watchman goby, right? You had put ymg so wasn't sure if it was something else!!!! Cute couple :)

Does look like a magician just a bit faded.

Hopefully it colors up. The one reason I was thinking it wasn't magicians was because the speckles around the mouth are so uniform and in a perfect circle as opposed to the speckles being random and all over.

Yep...looks like magicians to me too!

That's a yellow watchman goby, right? You had put ymg so wasn't sure if it was something else!!!! Cute couple :)

Thanks for the ID. It is a yellow watchman goby. My fiance brought the couple home the other day and they are awesome! I had a hi-fin goby/candy cane pistol shrimp pair in my 3 gallon and loved them. Their is nothing like the symbiotic relationship between a shrimp a goby.

• 4 weeks later...

did they include the adapter to mount the frag tree on the side? The one on their website looks like it sits on a stand. were plugs included too? the x-mas tree design of that floor standing model is sweet, I really like it! $20 is a great price too (and i cheap!) I've given up on "pro" suction cup frag racks.

oh wait, I'm seeing two different models. the one you have you can actually buy, the one on their website i don't see for sale anywhere. Looks like they really improved on the design!

I must be the only person in the world that has a shrimp and goby pair that chose to make a burrow inside a cave around the corner utterly out of sight.

forever

i hear Luger snapping all the time, and I see Charlie come out for morsels every now and then. But never see them together.

did they include the adapter to mount the frag tree on the side? The one on their website looks like it sits on a stand. were plugs included too? the x-mas tree design of that floor standing model is sweet, I really like it! $20 is a great price too (and i cheap!) I've given up on "pro" suction cup frag racks.

oh wait, I'm seeing two different models. the one you have you can actually buy, the one on their website i don't see for sale anywhere. Looks like they really improved on the design!

Sorry I totally missed your post and I always forget that I have this thread lol. the frag tree that I have is the one you suction cup to the side of the tank. Im not sure if the other model is available yet. It is a pretty cool design but I dont know that I would want an actual tree of frags in the middle of my tank. The frag trees do not come with any frag plugs you have to purchase those separate.

I must be the only person in the world that has a shrimp and goby pair that chose to make a burrow inside a cave around the corner utterly out of sight.

forever

i hear Luger snapping all the time, and I see Charlie come out for morsels every now and then. But never see them together.

My ywg and pistol shrimp made there burrow on the side of my tank out of sight as well metrokat. I hate it because when I had my goby/pistol pair in my 3 gallon they had an entrance right in the front and I would see them all the time. Im hoping they decide to move the burrow sooner or later.

I didn't know you had a biocube. I've got one too. It looks really good. :)

L

Thanks a lot L. Yeah sometimes I forget I have a biocube since I try to focus on my 3 gallon. This is really the lady friends tank but I do all the maintenance. Whenever I see a coral I have to have but it wont fit in the 3 gal I throw it in here. Your biocube is lookin good btw

for the longest time I have thought that my candy cane pistol shrimp was dead. I always see my ywg hanging out by the burrow the shrimp dug for them when I first got them but I havent seen the shrimp in forever. I kept listening for snaps from the shrimp as well and heard nothing. Finally the other day I fed the tank and all I heard was the pistol poppin shots off. Its a good thing it did that because I was planning on buying a tiger pistol the next day.

for the longest time I have thought that my candy cane pistol shrimp was dead. I always see my ywg hanging out by the burrow the shrimp dug for them when I first got them but I havent seen the shrimp in forever. I kept listening for snaps from the shrimp as well and heard nothing. Finally the other day I fed the tank and all I heard was the pistol poppin shots off. Its a good thing it did that because I was planning on buying a tiger pistol the next day.

Unfortunately my ywg & pistol shrimp are now missing in my old 8g. No clue where they are. Params are great, sps is growing a lot. Rest of the inverts & the gramma is fine. Bleh...

Glad yours is ok. Gives me hope that mine will show up.

I like your tank. Haha, makes me want a bigger cube!

L

Unfortunately my ywg & pistol shrimp are now missing in my old 8g. No clue where they are. Params are great, sps is growing a lot. Rest of the inverts & the gramma is fine. Bleh...

Glad yours is ok. Gives me hope that mine will show up.

I like your tank. Haha, makes me want a bigger cube!

L

Im glad you like my tank because I like all of your tanks as well. I really need to spend some time and arrange all of my corals. Right now their are tons of corals scattered on my sand bed and it's driving me crazy.

Im glad you like my tank because I like all of your tanks as well. I really need to spend some time and arrange all of my corals. Right now their are tons of corals scattered on my sand bed and it's driving me crazy.

That's how my 36g is starting to look right now and my old 8g whenever I have to move corals for a reason.

You're tanks are awesome. I learn a lot just by watching all of the tanks here, but I have my favorites. :D

L

Finally got a pic of the ywg. Not the best pic but you get the idea.

2012-03-28_22-58-34_93.jpg

He's very cute.

This makes me miss mine! :tears:

I still haven't found him yet. :(

I thought my pistol was a goner for 2 weeks and I very rarely ever saw my ywg but now I hear the shrimp amy occasionally see him and my goby has started coming out of the burrow a lot more often. Keep up hope because they might still be in there.

• 4 weeks later...

I took the mp10 off this tank and threw a koralia 240 on since I kinda thought the mp10 was a little over kill. The nem looks happier and for some reason the tank just looks totally different. I am going to save the mp10 for my 120 gallon tank since I will be able to put it to work a lot more than it was in this tank. I snapped a few random photos. Here ya go.

84b95ac1.jpg

2be53cb8.jpg

Hey, if you need some one to baby sit the MP10 until we get your 120 up, I have a few ideas. Need to keep them running or they'll...explode or something. I heard it from this guy at this store once. Super cereal.

Your 'nem is looking great, can't remember any frogspawn though.

Archived