ReefCleaners.org

Opaquelace: Lalani photo dump time June 2014

opaquelace

Oh right, no problem.

One thing you could do is to use tape and lay a strip perfectly flush with the top of the back pane of glass. Probably best to use the wide automotive type tape as it is a lower strength and should leave minimal residue.

21e411b9.jpg

Imagine in the pic you are looking down on the tank, the white part being your tank.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the video!!!! Can't wait to see the naked clown in there too :) I think my next clown will be naked :lol: I really love the way they look. Cute firefish too!

gulfsurfer101

Pics of the tank with new background. I tried blue on a false wall ten gallon I kept playing with but never could bring myself to do anything with. I think it was the blue that kept throwing me off and my wifey kept telling me it looked to corporate. Black just makes a colorful tank pop so much more.

Yea, it's much less distracting. I'll get a pic tomorrow to post, or maybe a new video because my camera can't seem to get good pictures of the LED...but it might have been the blue backdrop throwing everything off.

I had a true perc in my 12 gallon (never swam right, died after a few weeks) and then I had my naked clown. I just found her so much more personable and cute. I have a bunch of pics of her in my old tank thread. On this page: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/133382-opaquelace-tank-thread-12gnc-with-mh-upgrade/page-4

She's gorgeous!!!!! Someday I'll have one or a pair. I think they are my favorite of all the clowns :)
gulfsurfer101

No, it's the leds. What I do to get a usable pic is cut out the blues as much as possible and just roll with the whites. If you can't dial the blues down you can cover them up temporarily with electrical tape to get a usable pic. Hope that helps.

New pic up in the original post! :D

Tanks looking great! I think your FTS date is off though - you had me thinking I missed a day!

Looks great!!!! I really like the scape. It looks like one piece....which is how I always try to design my scapes. As nice as the bonsai scapes are, I prefer the look of yours better....just seems so much more natural to me :)

Also, thinking of changing the background to black. It's just on of those stick ons that you put on with mineral oil and I'm finding it way too blue with the new light. Would it be possible to change it since it's full?

What type of background did you use? I really want to make the background on my 55 black, but cannot paint it.

What type of background did you use? I really want to make the background on my 55 black, but cannot paint it.

I used the kind that you can attach to the back using mineral oil or cooking spray and a credit card. You cut the background to size, lightly coat with oil, stick to the back and smooth out the bubbles with a credit card.

Looks great!!!! I really like the scape. It looks like one piece....which is how I always try to design my scapes. As nice as the bonsai scapes are, I prefer the look of yours better....just seems so much more natural to me :)

Thanks! My husband is pretty picky about having enough room on all side of the tank to use his magfloat, so we had to make sure during scaping that we had enough room. I've also always liked the look of caves. So, we needed a rock pile in the center...with a cave lol. I'm so happy we have the cave especially now because the arrow crab has made it his lair and has molted...so now we can see him until he gets his exoskeleton hard enough to reemerge.

Also, thanks Jessy!

And UFO, he's only been in there about a week but so far no issues. I know some people prefer to not keep crabs at all. I figured we needed something to help out with our bristleworm population (it had gotten kind of gross, beyond normal means I believe) so that's why he's there. Turns out he's a really interesting fellow even if he does creep me out a bit.

• Like 1
I used the kind that you can attach to the back using mineral oil or cooking spray and a credit card. You cut the background to size, lightly coat with oil, stick to the back and smooth out the bubbles with a credit card.

Can you tell me where you found it or where one would buy it? I've seen the typical backgrounds at stores like Petsmart, Petco, etc.

gulfsurfer101

Glad that tip worked for you, it looks so much cleaner with th black background btw! What is that encrusting thing up front and center. I want a chunk of that stuff. I should have some stuff to trade off by the time it warms up in a few months. I love me some monti's!

• Like 1

Archived