Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Pico: Fashionably oops!

metrokat

My little Pico was retired July 7, 2012, after being up and running for 9 months. I consolidated all its livestock into the fuge I installed.

FTS Nov 2, 11

IMG_20111102_180510.jpg

Livestock

Orange Bam Bam

Green Leopard Paly

Hidden Cup Corals

HH Bi-Valves

Spaghetti Worm

Bristle Worms

Red Titan Macro

Ulva Macro

Mangrove sprout

Red Flame Algae

Halimeda

5 dwarf ceriths

Stomatella

Micro Hermit Crab

Blasto Merletti

Plutonium Zoa

Tubbs Blue Zoa

Acans

Ked Reds

Alright, so I'm in! The Unofficial Walmart Pico Contest has begun. I had to carefully think out my plan for this 2 gallon Tom Deco Kit. Of course that is a polar opposite to the impulse with which I went online and bought the thing. As PBJelly says, now I'm a n00b with TWO tanks. Sheesh.

I finally put in some effort on this today and did a LOT of work and set it up. I'm travelling and did not want to miss the contest entry date. I'm done for now but wanted to share some pictures.

IMG_20111023_103616.jpg

IMG_20111023_112419.jpg

IMG_20111023_112448.jpg

I think the 'scape could grow on me. :)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the Pretty in Pink Pico! Very elegant...

(I think we need to practice 'Safe Reefing' from now on - they're propagating like bunnies :P )

Wow I hope you didn't break a sweat setting that beast up! :P

I love the pink matt under it very HOT! Also so appropriate for Breast Cancer Month.

Looking forward to see these little monsters grow!

The beast is getting set up in my room hence the pink overload. Wow it was tough to set up. Clearly I'm only halfway through.

@masternano: this is actually dry rock, and is a "real" tonga branch. It weighs one pound and I'm not sure if I will use it. If I don't I'll PM you.

@pbjelly: Safe Reefkeeping is not trying to steal those beautiful red/fuchsia mushrooms you just got!

scape looks like ####.

And that is why the scape is showing you the bird D. Take another look. ROFL.

The contest should have rules about how much time you can spend on your tank. This dedication is ridiculous.

Seriously. I need to be pulled away from the empty box with the dry tonga branch.

Are you planning to leave the pink placemat underneath the tank? If not, you should paint the back of the tank pink! That will set your tank apart from the rest. You could go with a pink theme. That's what I would do, anyways. It would be so cute :)

Are you planning to leave the pink placemat underneath the tank? If not, you should paint the back of the tank pink! That will set your tank apart from the rest. You could go with a pink theme. That's what I would do, anyways. It would be so cute :)

This! :D

Builder Anthony

Ya a one color tank would be cool.Theres enough pink stuff out there.Pink sponges.....theres a pink yuma for sale in livestock right now.Pink mini maxis would be cool.Birdsnest.Pink coraline.I would never wear a pink shirt but corals that are pink are a exception i would allow in my tank.

one color theme tank is awesome. I would probably do a blue tank in the future :lol:

pink theme would work well with a black background...pr a dark blue one...or actually im not sure how pink will stand out most but black sounds about right. if you do a pink background, pink animals will just blend in =/

I kinda liked the first tonga configuration because 70% of the second one is going to be buried in sand...so you wont see much of the rock unless you place it on top of the sand...

Anyway pink zoa and palys are good choices. zoas are good if you are not keeping sexy shrimp.

I'll think of other suggestions later :)

Archived