Pod Your Reef

TUO 7.5g Mr. Aqua Cube

TheUnfocusedOne

TheUnfocusedOne

My hermits poop to much -_- .

I'm hopefully getting some more nano conches and some astrae star from a fellow nr member.

I might be getting a frag of that midas touch zoa that's currently in the livestock forum.

We're throwing a party this weekend, and I think one of the attending will have a nice camera! Hopefully I'll have some good pics by the end of the week.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheUnfocusedOne

So another update today!

Went to my LFS and picked up some goodies. Here's the first! porcelain crab! He's awesome, and very healthy. As soon as I got him in the tank he started feeding.

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Next I picked up this nice pastelled collor zoa frag. It's sitting pretty next to my other zoa frag. It's open now, but wasn't when I took the pic. The only internet I have at the moment is at the library, so I didn't get a chance to retake the pic before heading out.

IMG_0204.jpg

I also picked up another hermit, and some shell for my current hermits. I was able to snap this video of one of my hermits swapping shells.

th_IMG_0205.jpg

He must not of liked it, since he swapped back to his old shell a second later.

IMG_0207.jpg

I'm loving this tank!

TheUnfocusedOne

Got a couple boxes of goodies coming this week.

I got my stuff from DFS yesterday, so I finally have a refractometer!

I'm getting some live stuff this week as well. I'll be getting some nano limpets and stars from someone on here, and a frag of zoas from someone else. I also placed an order with John at reefcleaners.com. Orginally I was just getting the filter food, but since the shipping was more than the food I ended up adding a few snails (sneaky John!).

More pics to come.

PS: Dissapointed that no one is commenting on the hermit video!

Looking great TUO!

funny read! following

no one is commenting because they don't realize its you without the baby ass poke avatar :o

the hermit video was riveting... ok not really, but thanks :lol:

TheUnfocusedOne
looking good B)

Thanks JR.

My roomates have been watching movies in the room where my tank is for the past two nights. They insist on keeping the lights off, keeping my from working on my tank :angry:

Dont they understand how important it is!

Thanks JR.

My roomates have been watching movies in the room where my tank is for the past two nights. They insist on keeping the lights off, keeping my from working on my tank :angry:

Dont they understand how important it is!

Since when did you get roomates? Did Alex move in?

TheUnfocusedOne

So this past week past week I:

-Got some mini limpits and starfish. The limpits didn't make it, but I'm in the process of working out new ones.

-Got some zoa frag, but USPS total screwed me on the shipping and I don't think they survived.

-Got an order from John at ReefCleaners. Now I have way more snails then I can handle! I also got a tiny blue legged hermit and this awesome white hermit that is only maybe 1mm in size. Here's a crappy pic of him

IMG_0221.jpg

Goin to the pet store today to drop off some of these ceriths! I tried to split them between my tank and my girlfriends 10g, but there just too many for both!

Maybe I'll come back with some goodies.

spongebob_rape_face.jpg

TheUnfocusedOne

Not tonight my friend. I'm at the library, which is the only place I can get a decent internet connection, and I forgot my camera cable at home. I might be able to get one or two up tonight, but no promises. I'm off to Akron, OH for work tomorrow too, so I donno when I'll be able to get stuff up.

• 1 month later...
TheUnfocusedOne

Eh, nothing worth noting.

No good news at least. I recently moved and moved the tank. Everything survived at first, but I recently lost my sps because I've been neglecting the tank. I also burnt out one of my RKL strips, water dripped down onto it :(.

Going to the store this weekend, buying some new stuff.

Anyone have any good suggestions for moding the intake of an AC 20 and 50? They're eatin my snails.

Oh! I did see my stomatella spew out some eggs last night. Sooo cooool :)

TheUnfocusedOne

Went shopping yesterday and picked up some new critters.

I am now the proud owner of a second porcelain crab, a sunset monti and this itty bitty ORA staghorn frag. The ORA frag is purple with green polyps, looks sweeeet. All had some poly extension yesterday. I'm starting to get into the habit of doing small (~1 cup) water changes per day. I've got a vat of water stirring atm.

Came soo close to buying a pair of sexies, they were opposite sex and stay really close. I decided against it since I haven't moded the intakes on either of my ACs and I was afraid of them getting sucked up. Suggestions welcome for mods!

Got a friend with a good camera coming for super bowl, so hopefully I'll get some quality photos of these bad boys.

My porc crabs weren't being to friendly to eat other, but I'm sure they'll play nice eventually.

TheUnfocusedOne

Hope you guys like my crappy Iphone pics

I'm thinking of swapping out the BoostLED PAR30 for one of them there AI nanos with the controller. What's everyone's thoughts?

Archived