- sexy shrimp

- anemone crab

- sand sifting star

- ceriths, nassaurius super tongan, astrea, emerald crab

- pom pom crab? MIA...?

LPS:

Fungia, hammer, dendros.

SPS:

Green monti cap, orange digitata, blue tortuosa, green birdsnest.

Softies & Leather:

hammer, devils hand, green nepthea

- assortment of zoas

- blue clove polyps, gsp

- green hairy mushrooms, watermellon mushrooms, , c

- Ricordeas

- red and orange mushrooms

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, i don't see very many arch scapes that look good but i really like yours.

Thanks much appreciated! It collapsed several times, and is still in somewhat the same form from when it was in a 10g. Now its puttied together...goodbye rockslides. Very soon Ill be going to get more rock to add on more high spots and fill in some space

Dig that arch as well... If you added anything, I would like to see rock added under the arch and make it the high points. That arch is too perfect to mess with B)

Dig that arch as well... If you added anything, I would like to see rock added under the arch and make it the high points. That arch is too perfect to mess with B)

yea thats a great idea, once i get some rock i'll put some under it. As far as building higher, i was thinking one of the sides to kind of slope down from a top-back corner.

Very nice looking scape!

Thanks all! Ive been rearranging it for honestly 9 months lol now its puttied in place. Doing a DIY LED setup soon. Hoping to incorporate some CREE XT-E RBs, NW, and regular blue, possibly some violet too. I have alot of green montipora capricornis I can hopefully trade frags for new species of SPS in the near future. Living in Canada far away from the ocean, its hard to get some of the prettier species without having to mortgage the house lol.

I really need to upgrade some parts of my system though, including an in-sump protein skimmer (any ideas anyone?) and definately the lights. Hanna probes and possibly an apex controller are on the christmast list or until I get a raise lol Also, one lfs here has some electric blue maxi minis Im going to trade my green one for once it splits....still waiting and not interested in trying to splice it...not yet at least.

That anemone is gorgeous!

Thanks! Its one of my fav. things in there, it glows a cool green at night. Waiting on it to split, hopefully soon? lol

• 1 month later...
I really dig the simple, minimal'ist scape.

Also diggin on the algae turf scrubber, one suggestion though:

you should try to widen the flow over the screen, here is a link to a LOT of ATS builds:

http://forum.marinedepot.com/Topic89570-4-...t=turf+scrubber

Thanks for the compliments, the rockscape came from my 10g, and Im waiting to buy some more base rock to add to it. the algae scrubber is temporary for now. Since my cabinet is all acrylic, I'm planning on sealing it off and making a large sump out of the cabinet itself, Im sure itll be able to hold 50+ gallons in there alone. Thanks for the link! I just bought a dremel so I'll be making a wide slotted tube like that one

yea exactly! shes the best!! She tells people about my tank before I do lol so shes totally down to buy me saltwater presents.

That's where it's at. Give her a kiss a squeeze and a lick for me.

That's where it's at. Give her a kiss a squeeze and a lick for me.

Lmao...she gets diamond earings, and I get the gift of 0 tds water lol...that should be on the "you know your a reefer when" thread

Crappy blackberry camera....awesome g/f is letting me use her camera to take pics tomorrow, so I'll have all new cool ones veryyy soon.

Crappy blackberry camera....awesome g/f is letting me use her camera to take pics tomorrow, so I'll have all new cool ones veryyy soon.

omgomgomg

Archived