Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Got the new Hydra 26 set up with the Director and set up a basic lighting scheme

141108-my-ai.jpg

6:00a 7:00a 8:00a 7:00p 8:00p 9:00p

UV 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Violet 1% 5% 50% 50% 5% 1%

Deep Blue 1% 5% 50% 50% 5% 1%

Royal Blue 0% 5% 50% 50% 5% 0%

Green 0% 5% 40% 40% 5% 0%

Deep Red 0% 5% 40% 40% 5% 0%

Cool white 0% 0% 15% 15% 0% 0%

I set the acclimation mode to 50% from 11/5 to 11/12 so these values will be reached at the end of the acclimation cycle this Wednesday. The color mix doesn't "wow' me, but I'll wait for the acclimation time to tweak the colors.

The only other effect I have turned on is clouds, set to 34% probablilty and 7% intensity. I like the cloud effect.

It seems that as the lights are dimming or brightening, the light "pulses" rather than a linear dimming or brightening. I'm not sure if I like that or if I can change it?

I also notice that if I click on the light in the layout screen in myAI the light flashes as long as the dialog is open. My fish looked like they were dancing in a club under the strobes! I won't click on that again.

There's my first impressions.

Any reason you're leaving the 400nm channel at 0% all day long?

When I first plugged in the light without the Director, it was all 7 channels at 20%. That was significantly brighter than the stock light. So I set up the Director and dropped all channels to 0%. I raised the intensities slowly to achieve a fairly balanced color that was OK to look at. I noticed as I raised the UV channel, the fish got excited and twitchy. I dropped it back to 0% and the behavior stopped. So I decided to leave it off until I got the other colors where I like them and get through the acclimation period. Then I'll try slowly acclimating the tank to the UV.

Well, might as well ask here :)

On a cube roughly 19x19x19 (with 4-5" taken off the depth for the back chambers), what would the suggested light be? I would assume a nano is out of the question. Hydra original? 26? 52? Wait for prime?

Any input appreciated!

Well, might as well ask here :)

On a cube roughly 19x19x19 (with 4-5" taken off the depth for the back chambers), what would the suggested light be? I would assume a nano is out of the question. Hydra original? 26? 52? Wait for prime?

Any input appreciated!

Really depends on what type of corals you want to keep- I have a Nano with the stock lights ( fairly weak) on my NUVO 16 and that is keeping my SPS flourishing- I would think a nano, 26 or the new prime would handle things- I would ck the spread on each- that's why I kept my stock lighting- the ends were a little dim- but the Nuvo is 24" across

• Like 1

Hiding cords

I have 2 SOL fixtures that I'm trying to figure how to mount the cheapest way possible. The winner is buying the EXT rail and using the EXT hanging kit that came with the second fixture I bought from a fellow reefer. I don't think my husband is going to be on board with this idea due to visible cables.

How are you guys hiding some of your power and controller cables? Particularly those using hanging kits. Pics?

Right now its all LPS and a bta, so probably nothing insane is required. Probably won't do sps at all.

Sounds good- I would just ck their spreads- the prime looks promising and affordable

• Like 1

What do you guys recommend for a lighting schedule using a Nano over a BC29? I was thinking of an 8 hour photo period with 2 hour ramp up and ramp down times (12 hours total) with max values of White - 35% Blue - 35% and Royal Blue - 35%. I would like to keep a mixed reef (sps/lps/softies). Obviously the spread of the nano over a BC29 isn't going to be perfect so my high light corals would be directly (or very close) under the light.

Ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a used AI Nano from the market place here on NR. The light looks great, I can't wait to get my tank wet (again). On that note, does anyone have output suggestions for a Nano over a BC29? I don't want to fry any corals. Tank will be mixed SPS/LPS with palys/zoas mixed in.

Also - some one should make an AI Club sig' banner!

IMG_20141103_182233_213_zpsibzw5pvs.jpg

I have an AI Vega over my BioCube. I modded the hood and mounted the light on that so it's really only 4" off the water. With it that close to the water I run the Blues in the upper 40% range and the white down around 26%. Vega has red and green too and I run those down around 20%.

• 1 month later...
12_egg_Omelette

I should be getting a nano plus controller in today for a nano cube 12 gallon. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I should set up the program to run? Right now I just have live rock + sand in there. Hopefully my CUC should be arriving by Friday.

Please add me to the list. I'm recently back in the hobby and have a JBJ RL30 with a Hydra 26 and the new AI controller. Does anyone have a recommendation for the height of the light over the tank?

saltwatercoral

Ok, so I know its been a very long time since the members list has been updated... (sorry about that) but (drum roll please.....)

The members list is 100% updated as of right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a AI light and want to be added to the list, put a post up and I will add ya!

Keep those pics coming! Waiting on my Pre order to be filled for the Prime! :D

saltwatercoral

Thanks for the add

No problem!

Just a side notice:

this thread, as of right now has had 180,093 Views and 1943 Posts!

Good Job everyone!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all

Pick up a second hand sol blue the other month and only got around to using it the other day,any way my question is What % would you have it at mid day over TMC sig 450 tank with mainly SPS?

Thanks dan

saltwatercoral

Its been a while since the members list has been updated... but (drum roll please.....)

The members list is 100% updated as of right now!!! (7/19/2017)

If you have a AI light and want to be added to the list, put a post up and I will add ya!

Keep those pics coming!

• 2 months later...
saltwatercoral

Anyone else add some AI lights to their tanks!

Im looking to do a new build next year in the wall (48x18x18)  Should be a nice addition to the man cave!  I want to add the logo_fiftytwo_hd.svg!!!!

• 1 year later...