inTank Media Baskets

anyone have there lights go into thunderstorm at night?

Lol yea. Once at 4am... My tank is in the living room but you could see the bright flashes from it with the bedroom door opened. Woke my gf up and then she wakes me up.. Of course i think its funny, she didnt :lol:

Lol yea. Once at 4am... My tank is in the living room but you could see the bright flashes from it with the bedroom door opened. Woke my gf up and then she wakes me up.. Of course i think its funny, she didnt :lol:

lol mine goes off at 4am alot too. i fell asleep on the sofa one night and thought it was a real thunderstorm outside. :lol:

haha same thing happened to me this morning at 6:59 my gf socked me to wake me up and then complained about my stupid annoying lights lol, but the weird part was there was thunder too! then i remembered it was raining outside. Epic way to wake up

alright, I am kinda at ends right now and just not getting any growth. I am getting it from my zoa and blue mushroom, but not my sps. I just can't get my lighting correct. The lights are 10 inches off the water and the lights are set at 35%w/42%b/44%rb. When I had my lights at 55% I was killing the coral. My parameters are all great no swings in alk at all, all dosing is done via a doser. Just at a loss..Should I be picking up a par meter to see what my readings are so I know what is going on in the water light wise?

alright, I am kinda at ends right now and just not getting any growth. I am getting it from my zoa and blue mushroom, but not my sps. I just can't get my lighting correct. The lights are 10 inches off the water and the lights are set at 35%w/42%b/44%rb. When I had my lights at 55% I was killing the coral. My parameters are all great no swings in alk at all, all dosing is done via a doser. Just at a loss..Should I be picking up a par meter to see what my readings are so I know what is going on in the water light wise?

maybe there still adjusting, how long ago did you get the light? and how fast did you increase the % levels?

maybe there still adjusting, how long ago did you get the light? and how fast did you increase the % levels?

That might be it, I installed the lights in the beginning of jan..Set it at 25% then and have been working the lighting up since. Once I got to 55% or 60% things went bad so I backed it back down and that was about 2 weeks ago.

Robert

Captain Hook

The date still isnt released, however, I bit the bullet and got the SOL blue, and will upgrade a few months or a year after the vega comes out, that way they may upgrade to V 1.2 due to something missed in testing, you never know. First year products always have more potential for bugs.

That being said, I made a cool hanging kit from home depot for 10$ it looks great, pics to come.

That might be it, I installed the lights in the beginning of jan..Set it at 25% then and have been working the lighting up since. Once I got to 55% or 60% things went bad so I backed it back down and that was about 2 weeks ago.

Robert

it sounds like the going over 55% is what did it, find the sweet spot and keep to that if nothing happens slowly raise it again.

it sounds like the going over 55% is what did it, find the sweet spot and keep to that if nothing happens slowly raise it again.

thats hat I am doing now, but before that I did not have growth. I lost my monti cap except for the outer latey and fragged it. The inside is all browned out and algae covered..I have it on the bottom of the tank just to see if it can recover.

Robert

Cleaned up my AI wires further by making the connector cord longer to route behind the wall and switching the controller cable to a 90deg end. I am always interested in other custom ways people mount their lights so I an excited to see more people's creative ideas.

Before:

zop77.jpg?1

YKfqq.jpg?1

After:

306EJ.jpg?1

T1X9F.jpg?1

aquariumpav

hey - I just set up my sol blue over over my 29g biocube. I have it maybe 12" above the water can someone link me or quote settings so I could have it reef friendly.

hey - I just set up my sol blue over over my 29g biocube. I have it maybe 12" above the water can someone link me or quote settings so I could have it reef friendly.

dont go higher then 25%, i got mine 2 weeks ago and i am running them at

whites Blues Royal Blues

9am 5% 10% 10% 30min ramp

11am 10% 15% 15% 30min ramp

2pm 15% 20% 20% 30min ramp

3pm 20% 25% 25% 60min ramp

6pm 15% 20% 20% 30min ramp

8pm 10% 10% 10% 30min ramp

9pm 1% 2% 2% 30min ramp moonlight cycle

Thats how i was running them 2 weeks ago, but are you change from another light? or is this a new tank?

devilsadvocate

i have a question about this light, and instead of starting a new thread i came here :D

would i need 1 or 2 of these for a 40 breeder?

i have a question about this light, and instead of starting a new thread i came here :D

If you don't put any corals in the outer 3 inches you should be able to pull it off with 2 nanos, or too sols would work as well but a little more pricey

DreTheReefer

I have 2 Sols on mine coverage is great. Tried one definitely not enough.

O.K. gang.....

This thread has been up for quite some time now and plenty enough time to get some honest opinions, not just on this fixture in particular, but LED's in general.

Are you happy with how your tank and specifically, your corals look? I'm really interested in hearing from you that keep SPS. I have also read on that "other reef" web-site where some are not pleased with the results of their Al Sol units, some even going back to what they used to have.

I will be going from MH to LED soon, so I would like to see some feed-back. And I know all about energy savings, heat issues, bulb changes, yadda.. yadda... yadda.

Thanks!

O.K. gang.....

This thread has been up for quite some time now and plenty enough time to get some honest opinions, not just on this fixture in particular, but LED's in general.

Are you happy with how your tank and specifically, your corals look? I'm really interested in hearing from you that keep SPS. I have also read on that "other reef" web-site where some are not pleased with the results of their Al Sol units, some even going back to what they used to have.

I will be going from MH to LED soon, so I would like to see some feed-back. And I know all about energy savings, heat issues, bulb changes, yadda.. yadda... yadda.

Thanks!

I am pleased with LED as a whole but i will say as an owner of SOL,Kessil and Boost MU I am least pleased with the SOL

Ppl say energy savings with led, what do you save, 10 cents a month?

I noticed no difference in my electricity bills after putting up my tank (t5's)

Edited by brad908
Aqua Life Aquarium

Just put 8 new Sol fixtures over our 300 display. We are very pleased with the color so far, can't wait to crank it up after everything is acclimated.

mg3264.jpg

mg3265.jpg

mg3267l.jpg

mg3268s.jpg

mg3269.jpg

Edited by Aqua Life Aquarium
Cereal Killer

Below is my lighting schedule mimicked from someone over on RC . I have no coral yet just fish in a 29G biocube. My questions are should I cut the time back? and second is I was looking at Southflorida tron schedule and would like to have the numbers he's running but would like it to start sooner than 2pm any help or suggestions would be great thanks.

6 am 1/6/6 30m

8 am 3/8/8 30m

9 am 8/16/16 30m

10a 19/28/28 100m

1p 18/27/27 100m

5p 4/20/20 30m

7p 2/14/14 30m

9p 3/8/8 30m

12a 4/4/4 15m lunar on