SaltCritters.com

saltwatercoral
Oh ok, so efficiency is the upside. AI's website says sometime in the fall, but id really like to know when exactly the release is going to be. Its only $100 more and id imagine it will replace the sol so i guess ill just wait and get the "phoenix" :)

I did talk with AI and they said that the end of Fall would be the latest for the release of the new Phoenix. They are going to keep the original SOL's but drop the price down from $500 to $400, and make the Phoenix $500. Check the first page of this forum I posted pics of the new Phoenix fixture if ya want to check it out. It looks better IMO to!

ya, its nice having the blue, cuz i have a setting of 40/90/90 which is like 16kish... yet calvin's setting of 100/80/80 still looks 10-14kish full controllability. im still undecided on the color settings haha

Keep in mind, that 100/80/80 is only my noon time setting and is only at that setting for 1 hour. Otherwise my spectrum and intensity is changing every couple minutes of the day. 40/90/90 is more like a 35k super, super blue.

Even numbers... 50/50/50, 60/60/60, 70/70/70 seems to do the 20k trick. I like blue so I usually up the blues a little more, but it's way more blue than a 20k, hence the reason I go the other way around at noon. I want to try to spur growth, while keeping color up. But that's just my $.02...

SouthFlorida_Tron
Even numbers... 50/50/50, 60/60/60, 70/70/70 seems to do the 20k trick. I like blue so I usually up the blues a little more, but it's way more blue than a 20k, hence the reason I go the other way around at noon. I want to try to spur growth, while keeping color up. But that's just my $.02...

Let me try extending the 20/50/50 period from 2-4pm to 2-5pm...

Instead of 40/90/90 from 4-8 do a 50/70/70 from 5-7??

Anyone hear when they may offer the "puck" replacement options, like it would be nice to purchase a replacement "puck" for my sol nano that uses warm white xm-l LEDs rather then the included cool white, and maybe they may start offering a red spectrum later down the road once all the study's are done on proper spectrums for our coral.

Edited by karisma
saltwatercoral
Anyone hear when they may offer the "puck" replacement options, like it would be nice to purchase a replacement "puck" for my sol nano that uses warm white xm-l LEDs rather then the included cool white, and maybe they may start offering a red spectrum later down the road once all the study's are done on proper spectrums for our coral.

I haven't heard about when they may off this or even the different color for the spectrum, but I'll keep doing some digging and listening out for it!

saltwatercoral
Count me in :P

post-66802-1319078846_thumb.jpg post-66802-1319078860_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1319078953_thumb.jpg post-66802-1319078991_thumb.jpg post-66802-1319078961_thumb.jpg

I just got my Reef Keeper Elite with NET yesterday! How do u like yours karisma?

Edited by saltwatercoral
SouthFlorida_Tron

hey guys, i need some feedback from judging this photo, the stand to tank rim is 14" water to light is another 7"....... length here is 15", will my new custom 24" long have enough coverage? its hard to tell since i thnk the plastic rim blocks alot of light... THOUGHTS?

IMG_1848.jpg

saltwatercoral
hey guys, i need some feedback from judging this photo, the stand to tank rim is 14" water to light is another 7"....... length here is 15", will my new custom 24" long have enough coverage? its hard to tell since i thnk the plastic rim blocks alot of light... THOUGHTS?

IMG_1848.jpg

R u asking if the current AI SOL u have will work on your new 24inch long tank? If so how deep is the 24 long?

SouthFlorida_Tron

it will be the same exact tank, just longer, and rimless, starphire glass custom from Pico....bigger sump, and longer, so 24" x 15.5" x 14" from the shadow on the wall it appears as it should be enough, if anything i may need to raise the light, hopefully not since you can see that huge picture above, id rather not lol....

i mean, easier said than done for what..... 4" on each side lol

Edited by SouthFlorida_Tron
saltwatercoral
it will be the same exact tank, just longer, and rimless, starphire glass custom from Pico....bigger sump, and longer, so 24" x 15.5" x 14" from the shadow on the wall it appears as it should be enough, if anything i may need to raise the light, hopefully not since you can see that huge picture above, id rather not lol....

i mean, easier said than done for what..... 4" on each side lol

It should work at the height you have it mounted now. Worst case. U would raise the SOL up a few inches. What r ur settings for your SOL now? Ur current setup looks nice!

SouthFlorida_Tron

im about to submit payment on my custom, cant wait for the shiny sparkling starphire glass, this plastic rim is sooo annoying now lol, before i didnt even notice it!

i just changed my settings from 15-50-50, 40-90-90 etc

to

20-50-50

40-70-70

60-60-60

40-70-70

20-50-50

00-01-00

saltwatercoral
im about to submit payment on my custom, cant wait for the shiny sparkling starphire glass, this plastic rim is sooo annoying now lol, before i didnt even notice it!

i just changed my settings from 15-50-50, 40-90-90 etc

to

20-50-50

40-70-70

60-60-60

40-70-70

20-50-50

00-01-00

NICE! Im trying to get an idea on what settings to use judging from what everyone else is using!. Im not to sure now if I can base these settings for the SOLs to the Phoenix?

Are the AI SOLs at the final price or are they going to drop again when the Phoenix is released? They are at $400 without the controller now, which is what I read they would be at with the release of the Phoenix, or will that be $400 with controller?

SouthFlorida_Tron
NICE! Im trying to get an idea on what settings to use judging from what everyone else is using!. Im not to sure now if I can base these settings for the SOLs to the Phoenix?

If I remember, it dropped to $399 cuz the Phoenix will be $499, & I don't have any regrets about the $ I spent for my SOL unit, it's lovely.

I think the people with gripes are for the nano Sol for $399 as it came out a month or so ago then dropped to $299 so quickly lol

saltwatercoral
Are the AI SOLs at the final price or are they going to drop again when the Phoenix is released? They are at $400 without the controller now, which is what I read they would be at with the release of the Phoenix, or will that be $400 with controller?

From what Im hearing and seeing its at its final price. It was at $499 and now its at $399. The controler is extra no matter what. I beleive soon you can buy a wireless controller and get the SOL to work with your home network! Not sure on the price though :huh:

I just got my Reef Keeper Elite with NET yesterday! How do u like yours karisma?

well. i love the styling of it, the features are top notch! however i have not even used mine yet lol i want to get the net module like you did! i got the one with 2 pc4's an sl1 temp/ph probe but no net module.

on another note, i snapped this pic when my buddy was smoking a cig lol. i really showed just how bright the leds are and also the optics light spread.

post-66802-1319475449_thumb.jpg

Edited by karisma
saltwatercoral
well. i love the styling of it, the features are top notch! however i have not even used mine yet lol i want to get the net module like you did! i got the one with 2 pc4's an sl1 temp/ph probe but no net module.

on another note, i snapped this pic when my buddy was smoking a cig lol. i really showed just how bright the leds are and also the optics light spread.

post-66802-1319475449_thumb.jpg

I do have to say that the SOL Nano leds are nice looking with the touch interface! It looks as good as it performs and it performs GREAT! When do you think u will be getting net module?

I was going to preorder the phoenix for my tank but i came up on a brand new unopened sol blue with controller for $450. I went ahead and bought it so i saved a bit from not having to have it shipped as well. I am upgrading from a 4 bulb t5ho unit with all ati bulbs that is about 2"-3" off the surface, so what should i start the settings with? I know alot of people have posted there schedules but i want to figure out how intense i should start off at. I also have to figure out how to hang it ha ha. Im thinking of going to HD and getting two white 90 degree supports that you would use to hang a shelf and bolting them to the sol.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I was going to preorder the phoenix for my tank but i came up on a brand new unopened sol blue with controller for $450. I went ahead and bought it so i saved a bit from not having to have it shipped as well. I am upgrading from a 4 bulb t5ho unit with all ati bulbs that is about 2"-3" off the surface, so what should i start the settings with? I know alot of people have posted there schedules but i want to figure out how intense i should start off at. I also have to figure out how to hang it ha ha. Im thinking of going to HD and getting two white 90 degree supports that you would use to hang a shelf and bolting them to the sol.

Good stuff... Use L-brackets, found in the closet-shelving section. The sol mounts perfectly with it, just make sure the body clears the support bar of the bracket. Hang it about 8" to 12" above the tank (AI RECOMMENDED)

For an idea check out my thread and find the link on page 1 for pics.

Acclimate at

15-25% for a few weeks, then increase 5% weekly, slowly