Cultivated Reef

SouthFlorida_Tron

Euphy,.........

nevermind, i dont know how to respond to that lol, go make love to your "HQI" pffft... 14k halides... peasants hahaha :ninja:

jk ofcourse ;)

saltwatercoral
Count me in :P

post-66802-1319078846_thumb.jpg post-66802-1319078860_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1319078953_thumb.jpg post-66802-1319078991_thumb.jpg post-66802-1319078961_thumb.jpg

Love the new cube! I see you also have the reef keeper! I am getting one of them for my tank as well, have you ever used one before or is this your first reef keeper?

Love the new cube! I see you also have the reef keeper! I am getting one of them for my tank as well, have you ever used one before or is this your first reef keeper?

Hey, thanks for the nice comment i love this tank as well! The reef keeper elite will be my first time using one for myself. I have played around with the RKL a bit, but i wanted more option to control ports/plugs so i went with the elite.

SouthFlorida_Tron
+1 great picture

i cant wait til i set up the new Custom Pico... the Sol will make it sparkle like the other rimless nanos, such as Calvins, thing is sooooo sexy.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tron-What are you upgrading it to?

Work out a few final details on a custom Pico rimless by Chris :)

Trying to do basically a longer version of my bc14, still 15 tall and deep but around 23-25" long, & rimless! Got sick of the cheap plastic-ish look of the biocube...

Full rear chambers with basket, fuge, & spot for a tunze 9002

ooh! thats going to look really nice. I agree with the feeling that the biocubes have a "cheap plastic" look to them, i had a nanocube and felt the exact same way. My 20H is still young but I'm already looking into an ada or perhaps an elos mini, my problem is i added some green palys when i first started the tank and they have literally taken over and i feel like it makes everything look bad, also i really hate the look of all my rock. It may take a little while to find the funds but i plan on starting the new tank with brs ecorock and being much more selective with my coral decisions. I will keep my two oc clowns and a couple corals but definitely not all.

The new tank will definitely be dominated by sps, which is why I'm getting the sol blue :)

SouthFlorida_Tron
ooh! thats going to look really nice. I agree with the feeling that the biocubes have a "cheap plastic" look to them, i had a nanocube and felt the exact same way. My 20H is still young but I'm already looking into an ada or perhaps an elos mini, my problem is i added some green palys when i first started the tank and they have literally taken over and i feel like it makes everything look bad, also i really hate the look of all my rock. It may take a little while to find the funds but i plan on starting the new tank with brs ecorock and being much more selective with my coral decisions. I will keep my two oc clowns and a couple corals but definitely not all.

The new tank will definitely be dominated by sps, which is why I'm getting the sol blue :)

ya, its nice having the blue, cuz i have a setting of 40/90/90 which is like 16kish... yet calvin's setting of 100/80/80 still looks 10-14kish full controllability. im still undecided on the color settings haha

With all the options and controllability of those units i have not idea where to even begin when i get it ha ha. Im thinking about ordering it but not setting it up until i get the new tank that way I'm not changing the environment of my tank over and over.

SouthFlorida_Tron
With all the options and controllability of those units i have not idea where to even begin when i get it ha ha. Im thinking about ordering it but not setting it up until i get the new tank that way I'm not changing the environment of my tank over and over.

you may as well wait then becuase they have that new pheonix "Sol" system coming out, which is the 3rd generation.... gonna be sick... not that the current ones arent... but it will be XM-L Leds... and wireless :P

You know i was reading about it and it does look really cool, and really nice but honestly are the cree xm-l leds really that much better? Im really new to leds so honestly how the hell would i know lol, but i have heard that most people with the current sol module can't even bring it to full intensity without roasting their coral, that being said is it necessary to have brighter, better leds? I do have to say the wireless ability sounds pretty sweet.

It is pretty nice to have the newest toy though :)

Oh ok, so efficiency is the upside. AI's website says sometime in the fall, but id really like to know when exactly the release is going to be. Its only $100 more and id imagine it will replace the sol so i guess ill just wait and get the "phoenix" :)

saltwatercoral
I have one of these!

May I be in the club?

Bring the beer and your in! Lol, dont for forget to post pics of your aquarium with the AI lights as well!

Edited by saltwatercoral