SaltCritters.com

SouthFlorida_Tron
What? I thought everywhere was the kiddie clubhouse! :o

We here @ the AI Club actually keep corals alive! Not kill & disregard them!

omgomgomg:lockdown:

Ohhhhh NA he didn't!

Ohhhh yes I did! Lololol

saltwatercoral

Hey CONSTANTNE... Welcome to the Aqua Illumination Club! I loked through your tanks and...SICK! PLEASE post some pics "HERE" and show us the crazy tank and corals that you have! Also tell us how many SOLS you have as well! Can't wait to see these PICS ;)

EDIT: Also If you start a member thread with a a quick equipment, corals and fish list as well as PICS, I can link it to your name for eveyone to see here! Just copy and pase from manhattanreefs to a new thread here!

We here @ the AI Club actually keep corals alive! Not kill & disregard them!

omgomgomg:lockdown:

Ohhhhh NA he didn't!

Ohhhh yes I did! Lololol

LOL SouthFlorida_Tron :P:lol:

Edited by saltwatercoral
saltwatercoral
Soon i hope my bday is in may but with xmas coming up im trying to convince my wife to combine xmas with my bday and just get me the ai nano now so we will see other than how can i complain if i have to wait till may, my wife is awesome just for getting it for me, means more money i can spend on corals

If u need me to talk to ur wife just let me know! We need to speed things up :D can't wait to add u to the list!

Hey CONSTANTNE... Welcome to the Aqua Illumination Club! I loked through your tanks and...SICK! PLEASE post some pics "HERE" and show us the crazy tank and corals that you have! Also tell us how many SOLS you have as well! Can't wait to see these PICS ;)

EDIT: Also If you start a member thread with a a quick equipment, corals and fish list as well as PICS, I can link it to your name for eveyone to see here! Just copy and pase from manhattanreefs to a new thread here!

LOL SouthFlorida_Tron :P:lol:

Thanks. I know maybe this week I will post a thread on here. I will let you know when I do.

saltwatercoral
Thanks. I know maybe this week I will post a thread on here. I will let you know when I do.

I can't wait to see some pics. Also don't forget to post some pics of your tank here as well! Post some with the awesome corals!

How many SOLS do you have for your tank?

Here it is I recieved my black SOL Friday! Now I need to figure out what I am going to use to hang and how I am going to hang it! Any suggestions?

post-40144-1321838219.jpg

post-40144-1321838232_thumb.jpg

post-40144-1321838245_thumb.jpg

post-40144-1321838260_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishinmonkey
Thanks everyone! I have a thread on manhattanreefs. Not sure if I can post a link to it but check it out!

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-t...er-journal.html

Always liked seeing your tank.. saw a couple of your youtube videos from browsing youtube searches for 40 Breeders. Didn't know you were a member on here. Will be browsing through your thread now. =)

saltwatercoral
Here it is I recieved my black SOL Friday! Now I need to figure out what I am going to use to hang and how I am going to hang it! Any suggestions?

WOW! The BLACK SOL is real nice! Check out rbabys mount! His is really nice.

SouthFlorida_Tron
can anyone tell me around what color is the AI SOL Blue when all channel output is 100%?

does the unit get pretty hot with everything at 100%?

thanks

Some say 20k, I think more like 14-16k... Mine is 80/70/70 at peak and it's cool to the touch.

saltwatercoral
can anyone tell me around what color is the AI SOL Blue when all channel output is 100%?

thanks

At 100% It's.... Blue. Lol. I don't think enyone here is ever running at 100%. That would cook the corals and fish depending on how close the light is to te water. Although when I had my SOL blue running at 100% just for testing, the heat sink got warm but the fan never kicked on. Just thought I would though that out there.

It was a little pricey but I used a fixture from Zero Edge Aquariums called a Light Tree. Pretty much plug and play. Just how I like it. Brainless. If u go that route, get the 14 inch cause the 10 doesn't work.

Eh, em...not to say that I'm brainless :P

thanks

I think the blue is like 14k. Mine never gets hot. Fan kicks on like 1-2 times per day.

This light takes out so much hassle and is the sh!t. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :P

Edited by pschom
saltwatercoral
It was a little pricey but I used a fixture from Zero Edge Aquariums called a Light Tree. Pretty much plug and play. Just how I like it. Brainless. If u go that route, get the 14 inch cause the 10 doesn't work.

Eh, em...not to say that I'm brainless :P

I think the blue is like 14k. Mine never gets hot. Fan kicks on like 1-2 times per day.

This light takes out so much hassle and is the sh!t. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :P

+1

I heard that when the fan does kick on it is a very short period and is very quiet. Also thought Id through that out there!

SouthFlorida_Tron
+1

I heard that when the fan does kick on it is a very short period and is very quiet. Also thought Id through that out there!

Also depends on ambient room temp. My AC is usually between 76-77. While my tank gets to about 78.5, the fan only kicks on from the middle 4 hours of the 8.

SouthFlorida_Tron
thanks for the replies. just trying to get an idea on what intensity to run the light for my tank. 40"(L)x20"(W)x24"(H)

How high above water, if 8" u can go around 25-30% if 12" high go 30-35% cuz the sandbed is deep

i would say the lights will be around 8" above the water. limitations of the light hanger.

i would think the intensities to run the light would be higher than 25-30%. you sure thats enough for an SPS only tank?

SouthFlorida_Tron
i would say the lights will be around 8" above the water. limitations of the light hanger.

i would think the intensities to run the light would be higher than 25-30%. you sure thats enough for an SPS only tank?

Since its new, no matter what lights your converting from, it is recommended to start around 30% due to the penetration of LEDs which thee can quickly torch your sps, just start at around 30 and each week bump 5% til satisfied. Just remember, the goal isn't to max at 100% lol

Mine is 7" above water and a 12" from water to sandbed, and my max is 70-70-70 for an hour, remainder is 25-50-50, 50-60-60 etc...

Edited by SouthFlorida_Tron
I can't wait to see some pics. Also don't forget to post some pics of your tank here as well! Post some with the awesome corals!

How many SOLS do you have for your tank?

I have 2 sols over a 40 breeder. Mounted long ways.