Turned into this:

BC.jpg

:)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good so far! Do you hvae any CUC?
see some dwarf ceriths in there.. smile.gif

Yip, first thing before any corals got in the tank was the CUC. Ordered a "quick crew" from reefcleaners.org. man, they sent me like 100 dawrf ceriths and a good amount of others. lol I've caught about 4 nerite snails outside of my tank and about a couple of feet away from the tank on the carpet. didn't know they roam around at night.

That's a lot of frags :) I started over a year ago and still haven't bought many corals. Ofcourse I got cheap. Very nice setup for your first tank. I'm planning on something similar as my 3rd setup. And I really like that stand, was going to ask where you got it but I see you built it.

That's a lot of frags smile.gif I started over a year ago and still haven't bought many corals. Ofcourse I got cheap. Very nice setup for your first tank. I'm planning on something similar as my 3rd setup. And I really like that stand, was going to ask where you got it but I see you built it.

Yeah, I kinda went crazy with the corals. It feels like an addiction. lol

I got the idea for the stand from watching this Lowes video.

welcomesign.gif

Looks like you are off to a good start.

Thanks Matt. If it wasn't for this site, I'd be so lost in this hobby.

Looks like your off to a great start. Its an amazing hobby. Just take your time: you don't want to stock to quickly!

Keep up with husbandry. Water changes and Top offs are very important on smaller tanks.

GL! And keep us updated!

Make a mesh top for the top of your tank. It will avoid loss from jumpers and escapees!

(firefish are known to jump!)

Thanks Jonny. I kinda went crazy with all the corals but all of them are small frags. Zoas are mostly 1-3 polyps frags. I figured that won't be too much of a load. I test every few days for pH and nitrates. pH in the morning is 8 and 8.2 during the day. nitrates have never gotten past 5ppm (API tests are so hard to tell). I top off everyday with homemade RODI water and change water every sundays. Sometimes twice a week because I have to mix 5 gallons and don't want to do such a big WC.

Your 30C & 60F waterfall tank is AWESOME! I first saw it on ADG's facebook page. Just recently saw updates on it in here. :wub: I actually ordered a 60F at the same time as the 30C from ADG. Was thinking of using it as a frag tank. You sir, have a wonderful imagination!

• 5 weeks later...

I've got a lot to update actually but been a lil lazy to upload pictures. LOL I'll update everything a little later. I've just got done with a WC and dipping H2O2. Bryopsis is a pain. So far so good.

Nice avatar btw.

Mp10 is awesome. I love being able to control the flow. When I don't feel like getting my hands into the water to blow off debris on top of the rocks, I just turn up the pump for a little bit. I did this only a couple of times because it pisses off some of the zoas. It also looks a lot better in such a small tank.

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that I would have to get another one if I set up another tank. :P They're so expensive but IMHO worth every penny. (catch it during a sale; 10% off)

No problem. Just to let you know, if you're not gonna use 2 of them together on a tank or use it with Ecotech's Radion XR30W LED lights, you don't need a wireless one. But if you plan on upgrading later, then it's worth it. The wireless one is gonna run you about $40-$50 more.

Here's a couple updated pictures.

Please note I was using a friend's DSLR and a 100mm macro lens which I've never used before. Sorry for some of the blurriness. Enjoy.

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

My fisheye lens:

3.jpg

1.jpg

Archived