Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Flexin5's 10 gallon Tank

Flexin5

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will do B) I'm going to trade in some games today I think. I need to write a personal statement for law school admissions so I will probably get that done before I start playing, obviously :lol: everyone keeps telling me it's exactly what should have come after MW and like the best one yet so I feel like I have to get it. My only concern is all my FPS skills are on a 360 controller so don't make fun of me when I go 2-16 the first few matches!

Sweet zoas and gsp B) I had never heard that about torches, I had a large one with no problems but that doesn't mean it's not true, maybe I just got lucky haha. I'd definitely check that out. Hammers look cooler IMO so if it's true you're not out of luck. This tank is really coming together!

SWEET! oh don't worry, the first couple of games i went like 3-20 :lol: game is soooo addicting so write that personal statement for law school before you pick it up..haha if i do choose to get the torch, i want a nice colored one, i'm not personally a fan of the common brownish ones, i've been looking into variations like you were telling me like the black one with pink tips. tank is definatly coming together thanks to all your help!

Stop down your aperture. That narrow DoF is killing you.

bah, my stupid slr is giving me problems. something wrong with the battery connection so it keeps turning off/on, and the macro lense is a old tamron 90mm, it's never worked properly. my L-series glass won't focus in that close, i think i have to take the 1dmkii in for service and sell the tamron in favor for a canon 100mm macro.

Thats a clean teggy! glad to see some more people in this hobby that are into the import scene as well!

Thanks man! ya been building it since i was 16, put it in a couple shows, raced it a bit, blew the head gasket right before last winter so i pulled the motor to re-tuck and shave the engine bay. im building a new house so when that's done i'm tearing it down to the barest frame, painting it in/out and every single bolt, seal, grommet etc brand new. what do you drive?

Your inbox is full, delete that ####. :lol:

my bad!! haha cleared some space :)

so that one zoa that diden't want to open, opened! here's what it looks like, probably one of my favourates because it's so vibrant

KY0C9967.jpg

picture doesn't do it justice.

my frogspawn is growing nice and big now from the time i bought it.

KY0C9966.jpg

but ofcourse, tonight while doing my nightly top off/maintence/feeding, the aquaclear 110 screwed up. the little, thin tab that holds it level bent under the weight of the water/media/heater. kind of a stupid design if you ask me, so i had to ghetto rig something to support it. ikea plastic sofa leg covers to the rescue! :lol:

KY0C9969.jpg

i'm going to cut like...a hockey puck or something to fit in and support it, glue it to the inside of the filter. if that little plastic tab bends just a bit, the entire filter comes crashing against the tank.....could end up bad if the tank cracked or something.

Those zoas look awesome man. Did he give you a name for them or anything? From the side the look like Devil's Armor.

I know what you mean about the AC, I used a crumpled up plastic grocery bag to keep it level. :lol:

Those zoas look awesome man. Did he give you a name for them or anything? From the side the look like Devil's Armor.

I know what you mean about the AC, I used a crumpled up plastic grocery bag to keep it level. :lol:

I remember him saying that he had devil's armor, but he was pointing out alot of the popular new ones, LA lakers, captin america's, etc etc.

i think i have a problem, i'm probably going to go pick up two more zoa frags this weekend! :lol:

little update from this weekend. did some maintence, cleaned out the HOB filter, added new filter floss and some chemi-pure and a waterchange.

i also was planning on picking up one, maybe two more zoa frags. well i actually ended up with six. :lol:

i think i should be good for zoa's. i'm just waiting on a unique looking frag of torch coral, and my frag guy has a rainbow montipora that he's waiting for to grow a bit more and frag that. aside from that i think i'm good for the 10 gallon. just going to let everything grow in now.

edit: photobucket is being lame and not uploading. will try again tomorow. -_-

Okay so you might have a problem :lol:

But that's awesome, you got 14 frags now? B)

haha ya but i think i'm good for zoa's now. i think i counted something like 16 or 17 different kinds of zoa's. my very first one actually grew the yellow polyps with long skirt and a dark purple polyps with a red center. i have to pick up some more of that putty and super glue and start to place them around the tank.

finally got photobucket to upload properly

1.purple with a neon green dot center

KY0C0032.jpg

2.neon green center, purple ring, and orange skirt

KY0C0033.jpg

3.purple center, orange ring, yellow skirt

KY0C0034.jpg

4.I have another frag like this already, these were a bit more purple, gorrilla nips? :lol:

KY0C0039.jpg

5.the picture diden't do these justice as my red leg hermit was walking on them. but they have a light pinkish center with a purple skirt.

KY0C0041.jpg

6.these have a blue center and are orange with a green skirt

KY0C0042-1.jpg

and my hermits saw me taking pics and wanted in on the action..lol

zoyberg

KY0C0035-1.jpg

and unnamed

KY0C0037.jpg

Sweet new additions I like the first one and the ones you asked if were gorilla nips best :)

FWIW I think Gorilla Nips are purple with a pink center. Like your first picture here but pink instead of green.

Oh, and yay new page!

Sweet new additions I like the first one and the ones you asked if were gorilla nips best :)

FWIW I think Gorilla Nips are purple with a pink center. Like your first picture here but pink instead of green.

Oh, and yay new page!

new page means new pics right? :D

moved all the frags to the top closer to the light to encourage growth. here's a fisheye (no pun intended..lol) shot of how things are.

KY0C0045.jpg

You learned well :D that's exactly what a new page means!

I'm having zoa envy! Sweet deal on moving things up. Now you can carpet the bottom with shrooms. B)

Everything looks great!

You learned well :D that's exactly what a new page means!

I'm having zoa envy! Sweet deal on moving things up. Now you can carpet the bottom with shrooms. B)

Everything looks great!

thanks mang! i started to place the frags in their places, i think it'll look good when they start to grow out. ofcourse i ran out of superglue towards the end of it..lol

i don't know what i want yet for the bottom, i'm not super crazy about shrooms, all i might do aside from getting that torch coral when it comes in is replacing that skunk cleaner shrimp that i lost. i think i'll pick him up next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a iPhone this weekend, just playing around on it.

Things seem to be doing well in the tank, I also picked up this guy yesterday

3794ec50.jpg

That dude is so cool B)

Too bad I'm ruined on starfish :eek:

thanks bud! he found this hole in the rock that i think he claimed as his new home.

you should get another starfish man.

funny thing tho, this weekend the wife and i went x-mas shopping so we went to this really big chineese mall about 30mins away. they had a fish store there so i decided to check it out, man was this place bad. they had this setup where there was a couple lobsters like yours, and a candy cane shrimp, but they were in little sections just slightly bigger than they were. no flow, no light, looked dirty. felt bad for them. :(

I hate places like that. Just sad. What's worse are the places with dogs in tiny places living in their own crap.

And no thanks :lol: I'm not saying "never" but it would have to be one awesome starfish.

I hate places like that. Just sad. What's worse are the places with dogs in tiny places living in their own crap.

And no thanks :lol: I'm not saying "never" but it would have to be one awesome starfish.

how about you just get a starfish and name him "awsome"? :lol:

well the thread's not getting much attention

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

lol jk, but a little update, picked up green w/purple tip torch coral, 2 heads.

c116636d.jpg

:lol:

Hawt frogspawn. Hope all is well!

thanks buddy, all is well, just getting ready for x-mas.

LFS had a sale on coral, picked up this torch today too for $30. has about 6 heads. (bottom left)

KY0C0032-2.jpg

and how it's looking so far, the sea star was shy.

KY0C0056.jpg

Thanks guys!

i picked up a calcium test kit to see if i have the proper amount, if not i'll have to add it, im going to wait until about wednesday because i just did a water change. i also need to pick up a iodine test kit but the lfs diden't stock them. :huh:

i just want to make sure becase the zoa frags don't seem to be growing at all, and i lost 2 frags. granted one was right infront of the power head, all other params check out good too. everything else seems to be doing fine tho.

Archived