Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gio's Picotope

GioReef

Oh this looks sooooooo good!

:happydance:

looking so good.

wow, looks a lot better then my 4g pico

thanks so much guys! I gotta stop spending money haha but that right side really needs a couple more frags :P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Setup! I was just wondering how you mounted the gu10 sockets into the pvc t's? I'm waiting on my led's from Hong Kong, it's been a month already. I like the light stand you made. I'm working on a Mr. Aqua 12 gal long tank and I think a light stand like yours would look great. It looks like you used 1/2 inch pipe and fittings. Thanks!

Yeah i used 1/2 inch pvc. I mounted the sockets with a screw going from one of the holes in the socket to a hole I drilled in the PVC t. Then I put black electrical tape on the sides to seal everything off, just in case. I can post pictures of the socket setup if you want.

Your tank looks awesome gio. I love the livestock you have in here. I started out with a little frag of blue anthelia like that as well and it has grown like crazy. check out my thread and you can see how much its grown. I love it though because it adds so much movement to the tank. Awesome stuff here man.

Thanks, it still has a while to go before it reaches your tank!

And yeah the Anthelia really does liven the tank up a lot! And it was a freebie :)

Gio, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get your led bulbs from? I ordered mine from Hong Kong on Dec 4th and they still haven't even left China yet. I'm dealing with them now to cancel the order. I'm looking for a new place to order from. Thanks!

Im sorry to hear about the bulbs, nitro. Maybe something got messed up with the holidays and whatnot. I ordered mine from Ebay and they did arrive from China also. I purchased from a seller called "eylane" and it did take a little over 3 weeks to receive the shipment.

oh, here's a link with all the products they are currently selling

eylane eBay

• 4 weeks later...

One of my maxi minis decided to move around... turns out it likes the spot right next to the monti cap <_<

Monti still has good polyp extension but part of it is covered my the nem. oh well haha

IMG_2184.jpg

yeah, it doesn't seem like the monti is irritated. But as it was making its voyage there, it did hit one of my rics and it did sting the ric. It recovered in a couple days though so not too bad fortunately.

I decided to try out a BoostLED Par30 because I wasn't really liking the color on the diy leds, and they had a superbowl sale :) Man, what a difference! The greens and reds have exploded considerably in color.

My camera doesn't do it justice but here you go...

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

I love your tank!!! Subscribed :D LOVE that maxi mini. I need to figure out where to get one for my pico, once it's ready for livestock.

And with the Par30, not so "budget" anymore, huh?

what kind of damsal is that? i like the new light.

its a talbot's damsel.

I love your tank!!! Subscribed :D LOVE that maxi mini. I need to figure out where to get one for my pico, once it's ready for livestock.

And with the Par30, not so "budget" anymore, huh?

Thanks! The maxi's are one of my favorites... and I know, not so budget anymore! haha

How's the boostled par30 bulb treating you? I'm using orphek par 30 bulb and it's great

Well, it's actually the first day but everything looks great! The LPS definitely have more polyp extension and the rics just pop! Iv'e been looking at your thread, especially with that orphek bulb you have

its a talbot's damsel.

Thanks! The maxi's are one of my favorites... and I know, not so budget anymore! haha

Well, it's actually the first day but everything looks great! The LPS definitely have more polyp extension and the rics just pop! Iv'e been looking at your thread, especially with that orphek bulb you have

Sadly I don't have a good camera to show how well the color shows. I'm using an iPhone 4

3729369[/url]']

Sadly I don't have a good camera to show how well the color shows. I'm using an iPhone 4

Ehhhh I know what that's like. I don't use my phone but my camera doesn't take much better pictures than yours. The color is breathtaking in person I bet

Archived