GioReef

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice LR you have there!

thanks! i tried to pick the best pieces i could find haha

looks like its coming along good. :D

Thanks!

tank looks good i like the lights alot how much for the bulbs ??? and where did u order from

thanks. the bulbs were about 6 bucks each from ebay. came out to around $25 total with free shipping. Only thing is that they ship from china so it takes about 2-4 weeks to receive the order...

groovy man, yeah the GU10 are cheap on Ebay. I had the same bulbs you did but didn't see much growth in my corals. I switched to the 3x3w bulbs, just replaced what i had with them, and holy sh!t....things exploded in just a few weeks. I think the problem I was having with the 4x1w is that 1w LED's loose par pretty quick. And I did have them pretty far above the tank too. you'll have to keep an eye on things, at 6 bucks a peice though, if you did ever switch them out for the 3w bulbs it'll cost about as much as a dinner out with the girl.

you'll have to keep an eye on things, at 6 bucks a peice though, if you did ever switch them out for the 3w bulbs it'll cost about as much as a dinner out with the girl.

I'll see how it goes. If I need to upgrade, I can sacrifice a date night :P

lol, just make sure the girlfriend doesn't know you're sacrificing the date night to buy lights for your fishtank...that might be ugly :lol:

yeah, mine said that once...I replied..so are your bra's...I'd rather have them bounce and giggle around for me to oogle over.

soon after I was applying an icepack to my right eye...

yeah, mine said that once...I replied..so are your bra's...I'd rather have them bounce and giggle around for me to oogle over.

Hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered an Aquahub ATO and aqualifter, should be receiving it on Thursday. Soon ill be doin some more DIY! ha ;)

In the meantime, the cycle has finished and my nitrates are at 10ppm. Tomorrow I'll perform a wc and might go check out what cuc the LFS has in stock.

I'm putting a picotope together for a reef too and was planning the ac70 mod but was getting a little nervous about its bulk and how it would look. Your build has definitely eased a lot of my concerns. Is the picotope stock light working well for your refugium? Did you leave the stock bulb in or change it?

I havent actually setup my refugium yet... need to go get some chaeto soon. The filter currently only has some floss and a heater. I left the stock bulb in though.

Good luck on your pico too!

then the occasional trip to the lfs, "oh look how cute this is." and "can we get this and this and this......"

go figure

I don't know why this is so interesting to me. This is almost a daily/weekly conversation and it's always the same then, and on every post on NR. That is, unless the aquariast is a female. Some one should do a study 'Reefers: A Study of the Human Need to Buy More Corals; and the Women who Support Them' or is that a reality show?? Lol

Great pico. I'm doing the same thing right now. I'm debating whether I want an overflow into a 10g plastic tub with a refugium. Cheap and effective.

I don't know why this is so interesting to me. This is almost a daily/weekly conversation and it's always the same then, and on every post on NR. That is, unless the aquariast is a female. Some one should do a study 'Reefers: A Study of the Human Need to Buy More Corals; and the Women who Support Them' or is that a reality show?? Lol

Great pico. I'm doing the same thing right now. I'm debating whether I want an overflow into a 10g plastic tub with a refugium. Cheap and effective.

haha i like the reality show idea :P

and thanks man! also, you should go with the overflow... it will give you so much more options to choose from

Dirty boy :lol:

well i got an update for you guys...

i set up my ato from aquahub and got a defective relay. wonderful <_<

anyways, the float switches are installed, just waiting for aquahub to send me a replacement relay. In the meantime, one of my nerite snails keeps escaping every night... found under my bed this morning, still alive :lol:

i plan on going to the lfs tomorrow to exchange it for some other snail and pick up a frag of something that looks good

here are a few pics

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

enjoy

Corals...or a live replacement heart?? Those are the only things I'd put a seatbelt on. Oh an the kid... And maybe the wife. Lol. Joke.

Archived