Pod Your Reef

45g Long and Shallow

snookman03

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to start dosing 2 part just wondering if anyone has some input on using aqualifters as dosers.

Clam has had some growth

91904CA3-A84C-425B-A817-C8839B5B05D4-6732-00000ACA60B604E4.jpg

The chalices are really starting to take off

9CFEA553-BA6B-4328-8C36-4F3A6C1DF33A-6732-00000ACA59B53C9A.jpg

My new favorite sps piece...any idea on an ID

0BC9618A-6221-4656-B439-449643589B80-6732-00000AC9B9242BEE.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

jedimasterben
I am going to start dosing 2 part just wondering if anyone has some input on using aqualifters as dosers.

It's best if you have a controller if you do that, or a digital timer. Analog timers usually only come on in 20 minute intervals. That's approximately 1,466mL, a bit more than most people dose in a month. :eek:

Thanks Ben. I have been doing some research and my worry is one of the timers failing and over dosing the tank! I guess it's a slim chance if I get a quality timer...

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed an order from Bulk Reef Supply...2 part kit, a BRS reactor, carbon, GFO, and some RODI fittings.

I finally set up a utility sink in my garage and mounted my RODI. I am going to build a shelf for my Brute trash cans to the left of the sink. Tomorrow I will be heading to a few LFS for some more SPS!!!

Thanks for looking...

E494E268-8354-4730-8D00-7D317F6156E9-152

• 2 weeks later...

BRS order is in and reactor installed! Picked up an antenna goby at the lfs today but all of my fish were picking on him so I turned the lights off. I hope he makes a burrow soon. I need to pick up a good calcium test kit ASAP as I have a BRS 2 part kit just sitting in the closet...totally forgot the test kit at the lfs today.

This tank is sooo epic! Now you make me want to go buy a 100g tank that's FS in my area, the dimensions are 6'x18"x18" -.- lol anyways I'm Subscribing!

This tank is sooo epic! Now you make me want to go buy a 100g tank that's FS in my area, the dimensions are 6'x18"x18" -.- lol anyways I'm Subscribing!
Wow 6'x18"x18 would be perfect. Now I want one too. Thanks for the compliment

I have been adding Red Sea reef energy for about a week and I think I am starting to notice a change in the corals color. Everything is really coloring up nicely.

Finally got my water situation in check...before I constructed this setup I had the brutes outside and I had to carry my Rodi outside too, what a pita that was lol. Thanks for looking.

F7CE8215-9FD0-480C-ACA1-7C0D31224C47-617F7CE8215-9FD0-480C-ACA1-7C0D31224C47-617

Just did a water change using the new setup. It is really nice to use the valves to fill up my buckets instead of scooping the water out of the trash cans with the buckets lol.

Nice set up! :) tank is looking great !

Thanks Envy!! The tank is doing very well.

I have been adding red sea reef energy every other day for three weeks now and I notice a difference in the corals coloration, the colors are def. More vibrant. Thanks for looking

• 1 month later...

Awesome build. Love the dimensions

Worth reading all 13 pages

Thanks, that is why I chose this tank! I am thinking about ordering a fiberglass frag trough online with awesome dimensions. I really want to grow out corals in a frag tank...

Very nice!

Thanks, nice clown

• 4 weeks later...

Went to coral con last weekend and it was awesome. Got an awesome clam, a few nice sps frags, and five a can frags. Pics will follow...

Archived