inTank Media Baskets

AI Nano Review & PAR NUMBERS

Adam_T

BUMP. A lot of people are asking questions about AI Nano PAR levels and if it will work on bigger tanks....

Read my PAR numbers and see for yourself.

Nice little set up you have there. Do you have a post detailing how you put the hanging arm together? Looks like something I was just considering but would like to know specifics of each piece. TIA

Nice little set up you have there. Do you have a post detailing how you put the hanging arm together? Looks like something I was just considering but would like to know specifics of each piece. TIA

It's 80/20 aluminum that I got cut to spec. I used the 80/20 L bracket for the t and the rest were small l brackets on the side of the rails. I have the parts list on my tank thread, I believe.

Here's how it looks up-close:

IMG_4175.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

BC29 with AI Nano

Build thread for this diy is in the lighting forum. Thread started by naturalreef

20gzdzd.jpg

1jktjb.jpg

This is the lighting schedule I am using. Got it from another reefer (not the green stuff)

1zdnpdg.jpg

Props to 125mph for the lighting schedule based on NASA solar insolation times

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had problems getting SPS to take off. At first I thought it was too much light, but seeing these par numbers now i think it was way to little...

• 2 months later...

What is the coverage on this light at the height it is with the out of the box bracket? I just ordered one of these for my 16 gallon nuvo which is 23" in length. Will this light be sufficient? I plan to house mainly SPS and LPS. Appreciate feedback!

• 2 months later...

You can see the spread in my original post where I have all the PAR numbers.

The thing with LED's is to smart with small %'s on the controller. Yes, I maxed out at 55% white for 1.5 hours in the middle of my day cycle...but that was after multiple weeks of slow build up. Do NOT start at 55% right at the start of you adding this to your tank, it will stunt the growth of ALL of your corals.

And to be honest, I got rid of that setup due to a move...and I went back to T5HO. Much better NOTICEABLE growth compared to LED.

• 3 months later...

Archived