Pod Your Reef

In the beginning............And then there was life......

gupebreedr

yeah!

Eucheuma.

Blue Ochtodes.

Ulva.

Red Titan.

Red and Green Gracilaria display grade.

Sargassum.

Padina.

Cool, thanks. I'm taking your word for it as you have the "salad pico". It looks great btw. You'll give Brandon a run for the money in the pico contest.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love your tank! I was actually late for work reading through this thread entirely when I really needed to be out the door lol

Hi Moose,

Welcome to Nano-reef and thank you for posting on my thread. Had to laugh when you mentioned being late to work, I won't tell you how many times I've been late because of reading posts here on NR.

Do you have a tank up and running?

I bought an Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 a week ago. I got everything to get started except live rock, which I will be getting this weekend hopefully. I've been putting the tank off for too long and just decide once I bought something from my LFS, it would be a "snowball' effect. So things having been moving in the right direction now ;)

I bought an Innovative Marine Nuvo 8 a week ago. I got everything to get started except live rock, which I will be getting this weekend hopefully. I've been putting the tank off for too long and just decide once I bought something from my LFS, it would be a "snowball' effect. So things having been moving in the right direction now ;)

It's always exciting creating a new tank, yet it can be a wee bit stressful too. You keep wondering if you have all your equipment ready and then there's your plans, hopes and desires. It sounds like you are off to a good start. If I can offer one bit of advice it would be, read and research all your ideas and options. Be patient and don't always rely on what your LFS tells you. There is a wealth of information here on NR so don't be afraid to use the search feature and be sure to ask questions too.

I recently found out that a fellow co-worker shares the same interest in nano reefs and we've become good friends. We often make trips to the LFS's together which is a lot of fun and helps keeps things interesting.

Be sure to start a thread for your new tank, with lots of pictures. We all like pics. B) And please, keep me posted on your build, I really enjoy watching new tanks evolve.

Rob, this is looking sweet! You have a ton of interesting pieces- the gorgonian, the BTA, the maxi-mini, and they all look awesome together. Awesome!

Rob, this is looking sweet! You have a ton of interesting pieces- the gorgonian, the BTA, the maxi-mini, and they all look awesome together. Awesome!

Hey Brandon,

Thanks for stopping by my thread and your kind words. Sadly, my BTA didn't make it but that's my fault for adding him to quickly. Some day when the time is right I'll add another. In the mean time I'm going to enjoy what I have and strive to keep them all "happy campers".

I forgot to add in my post from yesterday that I added a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby. I'm sure it will be some time before I will start seeing him as I understand they are pretty shy.

I've placed an order with Reefs2Go. Thought I'd give them a try as they are somewhat local and they had a few zoa's that I can't find in my LFS's. In addition I ordered a few Ric's and a Porcelain Anemone Crab. Will post pics and a review of my order from them when my new additions arrive.

If my newly setup tank looks half as awesome as this, I'll be quite pleased! Thanks for sharing your journey!

Why thank you very much Coley. I really appreciate your kind words. It looks like you are a newbie to Nano-reef, welcome. :welcome:

Would love to see pics of your set up, have you posted a thread for it yet? One thing about N-R is we want pics!!!! LOL :P

Keep us/me posted on your tank,

rob

Is that you in your avatar?

Yes, that would be me and my little friend Sheeba. I'z an ugly cuss, huh?

Why thank you very much Coley. I really appreciate your kind words. It looks like you are a newbie to Nano-reef, welcome. :welcome:

Would love to see pics of your set up, have you posted a thread for it yet? One thing about N-R is we want pics!!!! LOL :P

Keep us/me posted on your tank,

rob

Thanks for the welcome! I did start a thread...its got like, 3 posts (2 by me, lol) to it but I got my new lights so I should post new pics! And I suppose I should put the link in my siggy!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=293130

Awesome tank...

Simple and uncomplicated. Makes me wanna bust out my old 20L again.

Great job

Wow, thanks Mojorizn, I appreciate that. That was exactly my plan when I set it up. I think sometimes we get caught up with all the bell and whistles, gizmos and gadgets that we loose site of the tank and it's inhabitants. "Keep it simple and you'll never go wrong."

Thanks again,

rob

It's always exciting creating a new tank, yet it can be a wee bit stressful too. You keep wondering if you have all your equipment ready and then there's your plans, hopes and desires. It sounds like you are off to a good start. If I can offer one bit of advice it would be, read and research all your ideas and options. Be patient and don't always rely on what your LFS tells you. There is a wealth of information here on NR so don't be afraid to use the search feature and be sure to ask questions too.

I recently found out that a fellow co-worker shares the same interest in nano reefs and we've become good friends. We often make trips to the LFS's together which is a lot of fun and helps keeps things interesting.

Be sure to start a thread for your new tank, with lots of pictures. We all like pics. B) And please, keep me posted on your build, I really enjoy watching new tanks evolve.

Definitely! Thanks for the advice ;)

Very nice tank! It has come so far :)

Thanks Paigee. I'm pleased with it. I'm glad your back on the boards again, you were missed.

Archived