inTank Media Baskets

Mbartons Rimless 10 gallon Planted tank!

mbarton2010

Here is my ten gallon before it got hit by the algae bomb...

goldifhs046.jpg

goldifhs042.jpg

The DIY CO2 keeps working for about 1 month, but maybe less.

About my tank:

livestock included

1 gold dragon plakat Female

2 otocinclus

2 ruby nerite snails

many cherry shrimp

The 1 male swordtail was there temporarily because i did not want any males in my 40 gal, where i kept only female swordtails. He doesnt have a sword in these pics because at this time he was very young - about 2 months old, but already very large.

The random piece of DW wasnt supposed to be in the FTS pictures, it was only there to hopefully give a softening effect to the water, my tap water is liquid rock with a high pH. still plants grew fine. None of that equipment was supposed to be in the tank for these two FTSs, i was just too lazy to take them out haha. now i regret that though because if i did take them all out, these would have been the two best pics of my 10 gal iwagumi that i ever took.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, it was an amateur iwagumi attempt, what else can i say :lol:

I could probably make a way better iwagumi now if i tried it again (i even have pressurized CO2 now)

The carpet plant was HC.

im going to peruse the LFS tmrw and see what all they have. hopefully i can find a nice piece of driftwood and some interesting ideas for plants and fish.

i got the snails in from reefcleaners! these are way happier lol. i might actually keep the nano up and start a nano planted like sub 4 gallons

you are taking this down? shame, but other things are more important ;)

im taking the reef down if thats what you are referring to. im selling stuff if you want to buy anything lol im taking it down this weekend. start setting my planty up next week

ooo, i thought you were taking this planted one down before you even got really involved in it haha!

let me go check out your SW reef but i doubt I'll need anything atm.

checked the reef, too bad you didn't get far with that =/ I am sure you would have enjoyed it but planted tanks are just as good. Both are challenging and you should have fun.

Hopefully I can help you a bit once you get this planted sucker going.

Can't wait to see pics when you get this thing up and running. My 3 tanks are planted, i'd say good substrate and good lighting are the way forward. I don't add CO2 to any of mine and most of the plants have gone crazy. I have bettas in 2 tanks and 1 dwarf puffer in my 20g (incredibly under stocked i know but his buddy just recently died).

Good luck with it.

that type of DW is a bit tough to incorporate in a scape. its easier if it takes up most of the room in the 10 gal though, that way its a little more natural depending on how you use it. i had a mopani piece for my 40 gal and i9t turned out to be rather small ad looked terrible lol. general manzanita branchy wood is easier to scape with.

Archived