inTank Media Baskets

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Yeah thanks for the generic PM. How do I win a free one?

My company goes live on Oct 1, 2011... And so, as I get just a little bit more financial secure, I will do some kind of contest maybe a raffle that will allow one lucky reefer to own his/her personal package kit...

I was always a hardcore hobbyist loyal to this board way before ever wanting to go this route... But for now, I hope to become a website that really caters to just Pico's and nothing larger than a 3 gallon tank...

JBJ and many other companies have cornered the market for nano tanks, I should know I owned all of them at one point..... They made a killing from me alone... LOL...

Mike Guerrero

Site looks great and so do your setups.

I see a few things that I will probably be ordering from you in the very near future. But I was wondering, will you offer a build you own package or sell just the tank?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Site looks great and so do your setups.

I see a few things that I will probably be ordering from you in the very near future. But I was wondering, will you offer a build you own package or sell just the tank?

Yes, you may build your own package on our site... I put together some kits and I lowered the price for those packages. I made one for novice, intermediate and really advanced.

I will be placing the tank and just the AC20 as a purchase, if you want to build it yourself. I consider the AC20 and the tank as a AIO tank. It's this combo that makes the pico's work, I know that.

I am testing many new lights and trying really hard to keep prices down, it is hard to compete with the big vendors as I'm just a tiny spec in the hobby.

So by all means if you find your own light outside our site, kudo's to you and I can't wait to see your reef.

What I do offer is proven success and working with you till you are happy, I promise... :)

Mike G.

please send me a generic PM

PM sent....

Well Mike I look forward to doing business with you in the near future. And the simple fact that you are a start-up and hobbyist makes me more inclined to do business with you (Prices permitting of course).

The kits are really thought out. I personally am not much of a kit person and prefer to do more hand picking of equipment that I use in my setups. Essentially I avoid social norms and do my own thing.

I wish much success and again, I look forward to doing business with you.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I decided to pull out the Marineland Aquarium LED light, 45 lights in total... It looks stunning.... Super bright... I did a HD video but don't know how to post it here....

ou0bgn.jpg

2s15avs.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike these are awesome!

Oh my God,

Is this the famous Rbaby? I cannot believe it, I'm so happy that you stopped by to say hello. Can you believe it that I'm still reefing after all those years? I mean, we started together with the nanocubes remember those days with Chris at nanocustoms?

I really miss my JBJ days, well not really but I do miss the power of Chris's lights in the JBJ. Rbaby do you know that I was Chris's 2nd customer before he became huge? His first was a young kid and I was #2.

R, you need to check out my website, I waited years before I decided to open a small reef business and I made sure I wanted something all reefers like me and you could afford and be of quality and craftsmanship.

So there were no websites at all about 3 gallons or smaller so, I took that chance and today is my official opening day. It's hard to get this thing going with economic times being the worse, but it's my passion and just hope things get better.

It would be so awesome to push the impossible, get a marine tank in almost every American home, a simple 2 or 1 or maybe 3 gallon pico, like that of the Goldfish era, but something different.

I'm convinced as my orders take off, I will lower my prices even more to reflect my commitment to stay in business with other huge merchants, like MD.

I need feedback from you, I sent you my site via PM..... I will tell Steven you said hello, my little brother is thinking about getting back into reefing, this might be his wake up call. No discount for him, he's got a good job and getting married next year.... Okay maybe a small gift since he's my little brother... :)

So nice to see you here..... :)

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Congratulations on your opening day!

Thanks,

It's been a crazy Sept, looking forward to an even crazier October.... :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wanted to give everyone an update on the 2 gallon Micro-Reef. Heat is a really big concern when dealing with 3 gallon and smaller picos.

The AIO doesn't work with these size tanks because the return pump generates too much heat and rises the tank temp to unpredictable standards.

With this LED and the AC20 filter, the temp has never gone over 77 degrees even when ambient temps were 82 in the room.

The unique characteristics of acrylic vs glass stand out when being tested to insulate to fight temp swings, an acrylic tank will hold more constant than a glass.

I want to now test the Coralife mini fixture T5 light, I expect to get a little warmer but hopefully not more than the LED fixture, the old power compacts drove the pico way to high on hot days.

2822plk.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero

LOL Mike! Congratulations on your opening day! These are some really nice picos, I'm sure they will only continue to get better.

You should tell Steven to haul his little butt, and not to bother you for discounts either =P...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Nice little tanks! Picos are awesome! :D

Hey Yoshi,

Thanks, I have put a lot of thought into making it right... Simple to set up and easy to maintain....

LOL Mike! Congratulations on your opening day! These are some really nice picos, I'm sure they will only continue to get better.

You should tell Steven to haul his little butt, and not to bother you for discounts either =P...

Rbaby,

Opening day was great, I only have one 2 gallon Acrylic left until my new batch arrives next week, it's exciting.... :)

I will now offer the picos in glass, to drive down prices even more. I have the 3 gallon and the 1 gallon in stock and will be placing them for sell on our site...

I want everyone to know that glass is way cheaper to purchase than acrylic and our acrylic comes from TruVu, their stuff is elegant.

But in this hard economy, reefers need choices to save money, hence I also offer Glass... Hope this helps out to get more picos into the homes....

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike, congrats on the new LLC! Your original pico was very inspiring for me! Keep up the good work, and the best of luck to you!

Those are very kind words and all I can say is thanks.... A lot of reefers thought it wasn't possible to get that kind of growth in such a tiny 9 inch tank by 6 inches in width, but life moves on no matter where you confine it...

I had to experiment with a lot of different kinds of corals because of aggression, and at times I wanted to pull out my hair, but patience is key when dealing with any salt water ecosystem...

I look forward to designing more stuff for these picos, and I promise you all, I will try harder to drive down my prices in these hard economic times....

There is a 3 gallon bowfront pico in the making.... Nuff said.... :)

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update...

I'm out of acrylic tanks until Friday the 14th... I will debut the 3 gallon and the tiny 1 gallon on that date, plus I will have the 2 gallon back in stock...

The 2 gallon acrylic tank just took off... :)

I only have glass tanks in stock and they are cheaper than the acrylic, I have two 1 gallon original Huey Hung and one 3 gallon in stock... The 1 gallon Huey Hung was the original pico that started me, in the pico world...

They are on my site for sale, if you are interested...

I ran power compacts back in the day that made the corals and polyps do this....

1 gallon Huey Hung tank Coralife 9watt fixture Power Compact...

25an5ep.jpg

love that these tanks come with covers and a background:) how much for the glass tanks vs. the acrylic? can these be purchased by themselves?

Update...

I'm out of acrylic tanks until Friday the 14th... I will debut the 3 gallon and the tiny 1 gallon on that date, plus I will have the 2 gallon back in stock...

The 2 gallon acrylic tank just took off... :)

I only have glass tanks in stock and they are cheaper than the acrylic, I have two 1 gallon original Huey Hung and one 3 gallon in stock... The 1 gallon Huey Hung was the original pico that started me, in the pico world...

They are on my site for sale, if you are interested...

I ran power compacts back in the day that made the corals and polyps do this....

1 gallon Huey Hung tank Coralife 9watt fixture Power Compact...

25an5ep.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
love that these tanks come with covers and a background:) how much for the glass tanks vs. the acrylic? can these be purchased by themselves?

Cruzin,

Yes, all our acrylic tanks come with tops to minimize evaporation.... Yes, all our acrylic tanks come with your choice of blue, black or clear background at NO extra charge!!!

The glass tanks are much cheaper than acrylic always have been, I will send you a PM with the prices...

And Yes, you can purchase them by themselves if you like. I am having more made to handle this sudden demand on the acrylic tanks...

Let me know what size you are looking for acrylic or glass and I will be able to get one out to you ASAP...

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Congrats on the business. Is pickup available for local shoppers? I'm just interested in the Beams light for my fw nano planted tank.

Hi psidriven,

The answer is Yes, I can have you do local pickup for the Beams light... You will save on shipping, all I have to do is send you an invoice for that light and collect taxes since you are in California...

If you are interested send me a PM....

Sincerely,

Mike G

Par readings?

I don't have a PAR reading yet... All I can say is the Marineland LED's have slightly more brightness than the T5.. Once I get the PAR I will post.... :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

In attempt to show the diversity of the 9x6x7 glass Huey Hung, I pulled it out of the box, threw on the AC 20 filter, put on the Rio Mini Sun 50/50, some quick gravel, and three fake plants... This one gallon is cute no matter where or what you put into it.... Added four one dollar danios...

6tdy5h.jpg

2qn5hs3.jpg

I have a really nice HD video on my site, under videos of this tank and the Danios.... Come check it out....

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Okay,

So I know all of you love to see comparison of lights. So I pulled out the Coralife 18watt 9inch fixture, this is the old 50/50 Power compact, compare it to PAR vs Rio Sun Mini 50/50.

Which is better?

2hicj8y.jpg

negk6x.jpg