SaltCritters.com

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

First post,

Just wanted to take a moment and thank Mike, big time for all his help. That 4 gallon is mine and i can not wait for it to get here. Mike has been a great guy and a lot of help to me so far. I have a 3 gal picotope, but after seeing this thread, i had to have one of these tanks. So the 3 gal is being replaced by this awesome 4gal.

Again, thank you for the awesome service, the countless email with questions, i even offerd to pay pal you for all my questions. Lol. Thanks again, and expect a tank thread soon. Keep up the great work.

Already looking foward to the next one, the 8 gallon shallow!!

Edited by Nerdman
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
First post,

Just wanted to take a moment and thank Mike, big time for all his help. That 4 gallon is mine and i can not wait for it to get here. Mike has been a great guy and a lot of help to me so far. I have a 3 gal picotope, but after seeing this thread, i had to have one of these tanks. So the 3 gal is being replaced by this awesome 4gal.

Again, thank you for the awesome service, the countless email with questions, i even offerd to pay pal you for all my questions. Lol. Thanks again, and expect a tank thread soon. Keep up the great work.

Already looking foward to the next one, the 8 gallon shallow!!

I was once that reefer, asking all those questions.... I will not forget where I came from... B)

Here is your tank, I photographed it and placed it on my website, the previous photo was of my 3 gallon since the 4 gallon had not been made...

Then you became the first to order the 4gallon, she was made and well there you have her....

It has spawned another reefer that ordered it last week, and he'll get his in 2.5 more weeks....

Here she is before she got sent off to find her father... :D

1rs1w2.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I can't wait to see these beautiful tanks started... So who will be first to show off their new tank, with all those cool corals and critters?

MG

Oooh oooh! That's my 10 gallon, isn't it? Looks awesome! I got notification that it shipped the other day, well ahead of schedule. Can't wait to see it in person!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Oooh oooh! That's my 10 gallon, isn't it? Looks awesome! I got notification that it shipped the other day, well ahead of schedule. Can't wait to see it in person!

Yes,

She is yours and she's a beauty and I love those HO T5 bulbs that you ordered to complement your new love, separate ballast and separate moonlight, allows your to control actinics, daylights and the effects of the moon.

You asked for those dims 24 x 10 x 10 and well this is her... I love it, you guys thick it, and then I deliver it and it becomes a option for future reefers to purchase on my website... B)

wvr0bc.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero

IslandofTiki, ill be for sure checking your thread!

Well, my tank arrived today, and i was very happy with what insaw. This tank is bad ass! I opened it up and immediately proceeded to swap my 3gal contents into the new tank.

Here is a picture after putting in the rock and still cloudy.

28726d50.jpg

And here is a pic after adding in the small frags i picked up. Water is still cloudy. I Also put in my CUC with a cleaner shrimp. I will post a new thread soon with the progress of my tank! This is my first so its been fun so far!

c9be2f7a.jpg

The mini jet is getting replaced by a koralia nano.

Thanks again Mike, for the all the tips and help!

Edited by Nerdman

hey mike in in that wallmart pico thing and am deling with heater problems with my marinland ......my house stays at 70 to 75 night and day but at night my temp stays about 77-78 during the day it jumps to like 82-83 and if i try shutting the heater off during the day it drops in temp fast.....

so i have been looking at your hagen 25w or that hydor mini what would u recommend ??

hey mike in in that wallmart pico thing and am deling with heater problems with my marinland ......my house stays at 70 to 75 night and day but at night my temp stays about 77-78 during the day it jumps to like 82-83 and if i try shutting the heater off during the day it drops in temp fast.....

so i have been looking at your hagen 25w or that hydor mini what would u recommend ??

FWIW, I have the same problem. It gets really cold at night and warmer in the day, and this Fluvial Heater keeps my Walmart Pico at 78 degrees all the time.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

[/quote

Heaters are complex little gadgets that can be difficult to calibrate because of the cheap thermostats built inside. I generally only allow my RKL to do the shutting off and on of my picos.

However, I personally know not everyone is going to jump on a RKL for a small pico, so when the contest started I looked around for a good heater that would suffice the Walmart pico.

I came up with this one:

Hagen Elite mini submersible aquarium heater 25W ON SALE!!!

Very good feedback from all my customers.... And it's very small and conceals nicely in the Walmart pico...

Hope that helps out...

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I'm just so impressed with the coloration of the live rock found in 55 F degrees of SW....

These live rocks were viewed in approx 40ft of SW at 54 F degrees. Good example of the nutrient value needed in temperate waters and not so much photosynthesis.

I haven't seen these colors on tropical 77 F degrees of SW...

Here I am entering San Carlos Beach, Monterey, CA in doubles, for Micro-Reefs LLC ;)

5aqqmv.jpg

Can you see the barnacles... :o

vipo61.jpg

Take a look at the purple coraline... B)

2iqkarr.jpg

And yes we have yellow live rock too... :)

muiy4i.jpg

My R&D will end this month to see if I can launch the Temperate 55-59 degree pico, it will come with the 2 gallon acrylic tank, T-5 fixture, Aquaclear 20 filter and Coolworks micro-chiller...

Edited by mikeguerrero
My younger brother wants me to send him out the 8 gallon shallow, that's the one in the middle.... He's crazy about the design, wants that shallow look in his home....

Wonder what he will do with the 2 gallon complete kit I gave him for this Birthday? :angry:

Mike if you don't know your younger brother by now, then let me remind you....

UPGRADES! :lol:

Plain and simple, always been that way with all the products that I own, as sooner or later I upgrade :P

As far as the 2 gallon is doing, it's fine. I think we were able to fill out that tank in what? less than a week? Nothing I can buy or fit that thing, it's just thriving and doing well. With the chiller on there, it stays at a constant 77 degrees. The inhabitants could not ask for anything more.

WOW!!!! :o Those pieces of LR look stunning, I wish I could dive...

I just have to see what I can bring out of the water here when the tide is low...

Hopefully I can find some pretty rocks and nems to fill up a 1g of yours ;) keeping my fingers crossed on the economical shipping rate ;)

Jbowser

Edited by jbowser
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike if you don't know your younger brother by now, then let me remind you....

UPGRADES! :lol:

Plain and simple, always been that way with all the products that I own, as sooner or later I upgrade :P

As far as the 2 gallon is doing, it's fine. I think we were able to fill out that tank in what? less than a week? Nothing I can buy or fit that thing, it's just thriving and doing well. With the chiller on there, it stays at a constant 77 degrees. The inhabitants could not ask for anything more.

Where are the photos to show off your tank, little dude? Once you get them up and prove to nano-reef fans that the tank is thriving, I can get the green light to send you the 8 gallon kit to show them what you can do with it.... :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
WOW!!!! :o Those pieces of LR look stunning, I wish I could dive...

I just have to see what I can bring out of the water here when the tide is low...

Hopefully I can find some pretty rocks and nems to fill up a 1g of yours ;) keeping my fingers crossed on the economical shipping rate ;)

Jbowser

I've been a certified diver for almost 5 years, all cold water... I love the California coast and therefore trying to make this cold water pico work, so I can put it in homes all over US, so we can all see the beauty of our waters.

It is not easy collecting, you need a license from Fish and Game and then a lot of hard work goes into preparing for the dive.

We were in the water for 2 hours straight, that is why you see dual 100 HP steel tanks on our backs and special drysuits mixed with Argon gas to keep us comfortable while we explore.

On this particular dive, we were buzzed by a Juvenile Gray Whale, the odds of that happening in the lifetime of a diver off of our coast, RARE....

Luck was on my side that day, as I was documenting the dive with my underwater HD video camera, the whale got away but I filmed his turbulence in the wake of the sand he kicked up in front of us, his fins and tail gushed him away from us, when he made contact with us, WE WERE IN SHOCK AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HAD HAPPENED, IT WAS TOO SUDDEN...

So, what did all this hard work turn for us? The beautiful live rock you see, just incredible colors, I love these colors.

Here we are prepping for the dive, you can see the massive size of the tanks on my back?

f03dz9.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Two more pics of the cold water pico, I took very tiny live rock... Wanted to make sure they will thrive...

2n01yjs.jpg

1604ju8.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero

The first Micro-Reefs 10 gallon is up and running!

Here it is with the moonlights only.

DBE28DBF.jpg

The quality of the tank is awesome. I couldn't be happier with the tank.

So far, I've only used the moonlights in the light fixture I bought from Micro-Reefs, but I'll say they light the zoas that came on the live rock like a miniature fireworks display. I can't wait to get the daylights and actinics set up and running (waiting for the tank to cycle before I fully turn on the lights).

I'll try to get some pictures with better lighting this weekend. I finished up building the tank around 10pm last night and the living room lights aren't terribly bright, so the picture is a little grainy.

As a really picky individual who likes quality things, I can wholeheartedly recommend the tanks that Micro-Reefs is selling. The 24" T5 HO Advanced light is really nice, too. I'm glad I bought the more expensive one.