Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would have been horrible :lol:

You can just do a video of her too. It doesn't have to be reef related :)

Yeah, the last thing I need is for her in the tank again. She'd probably piss everything off, send saltwater all over my living room, and add a bunch of cat hair to the tank. Cat hair removal is already part of my aquarium cleaning routine. It just ends up in there from floating in the air or being stuck to me when I'm working on the tank and then it floats around in the water until it either gets stuck to a coral or ends up wrapped up in one of the powerheads. -_-

I'll try to get you guys a cute video of her soon. :)

My white cat loves to hang out on top of my laptop which is in the middle of my aquariums. I usually manage to get cat hair in one of my tanks on a daily basis. Ask Danielle what I've done to the top of my NC12 to keep her from sitting on top of it :lol: I had to remove the contraption for the one photo I put in my reef profile :lol:

Speaking of cats.....I still have to run out (like right now) to get more cat food. They get their canned food at night and I'm all out....god forbid :lol:

I'm tired and I don't wanna go...but I have to -_-

Now I want to know what you've made to keep the cat off. Luckily Lily doesn't sit on mine anymore. She kind of lost interest after the first month or so. She only jumps up there if I'm doing something to the tank. I always use towels to dry my hands and arms while I'm working and somehow even if I just washed the towels, they have cat hair on them. Then that sticks to my damp hands before I put them back in the tank. Oh the joys of owning a fluff ball of a cat. Luckily she makes up for it by being adorable and very sweet.

I forget, do you have just the one cat or two? And what are their names? I feel like we see more of your dog on NR than the cats.

ScubaEthan
Thanks Ethan! And yep, I set up the 10 gallon at the beginning of September and then moved into the 30 gallon at the end of January. So the tank is like 8 months old. I honestly can't believe the growth on some things. I hadn't realized the bali green slimer had grown so much until I started looking at older photos last night. That frag has only been in my tank for a couple months and its doubled in size. I've definitely had a few corals decide they don't like my tank for unknown reasons, but the ones that like it seem to really like it :D

Now I REALLY can't wait to try the Coral Amino :D

Daaaaaaw Lily :wub:

Speaking of cats.....I still have to run out (like right now) to get more cat food. They get their canned food at night and I'm all out....god forbid :lol:

I'm tired and I don't wanna go...but I have to -_-

Hehe, spoiled cats! I know how that goes. I don't mind running out for food usually, but I absolutely hate trying to get the 40lb box of her cat little up the stairs to my apartment.

Now I REALLY can't wait to try the Coral Amino :D

Daaaaaaw Lily :wub:

Its good stuff. And Lily much appreciates being the star kitty of NR. For those of you who appreciate her antics, she almost wound up in the bathtub with me tonight. I was taking a nice relaxing bath with a glass of wine (best relaxation method ever!) and the next thing I know Lily comes darting in the bathroom and launches herself up onto the edge of the tub without slowing down. Of course she had tons of forward momentum at that point so when she hit the edge she just kept sliding forward and almost went head first into the tub. She managed to kind of turn and topple back onto the floor instead of falling in :lol: There goes my relaxing. What makes this even better is that she's fallen into the bathtub at least 3 times now and the fishtank once and still has yet to learn her lesson about either one. :lol:

:lol: I could imagine the whole thing going down. She's too cute :)

Yes...I have two cats. I'm a dog lover..that's why you don't really hear me talk much about my cats :lol: They are oldies...both 16. I don't think I've ever posted a picture of them on here. You can see them on FB though ;)

Do you have to brush Lily everyday? Now that my little dog is sporting the full-on bichon style...I have to brush her everyday. It's not a big deal and she looks so pretty afterwards :)

I miss having cats. My mom kept my two when I moved out. My husband is more of a dog lover. We have a mixed breed he rescued and my mini doxie.

Wet ##### on the loose......somebody catch it ;) jk jk.

That's pretty much what happens when she falls in the tub. She goes tearing around the house getting water everywhere and I have to tackle her with a towel to dry her off :lol: I just don't call her profanities :P

:lol: I could imagine the whole thing going down. She's too cute :)

Yes...I have two cats. I'm a dog lover..that's why you don't really hear me talk much about my cats :lol: They are oldies...both 16. I don't think I've ever posted a picture of them on here. You can see them on FB though ;)

Do you have to brush Lily everyday? Now that my little dog is sporting the full-on bichon style...I have to brush her everyday. It's not a big deal and she looks so pretty afterwards :)

I knew you were more of a dog person. I'll have to go snoop around on Facebook and find your cats. I love dogs too, but I am definitely a cat person. Plus Lily has made it clear that she hates other cats and dogs (I'm pretty sure Lily thinks she's a person), so I'm not going to have any other pets for a long time since Lily isn't even 2 yet. Hopefully I don't start dating someone with a dog or cat :lol:

Lily doesn't get matted ever and she's pretty good at grooming herself, but I should brush her every so often just to reduce shedding and prevent her from getting hairballs. Lily doesn't like the brush very much though, so she only lets me do it once in a while. Its weird because she's absolutely perfect about letting me trim her nails and brush her teeth but she acts like I'm trying to kill her when I brush her.

I miss having cats. My mom kept my two when I moved out. My husband is more of a dog lover. We have a mixed breed he rescued and my mini doxie.

Dogs are great too! I bet your mini doxie is incredibly cute. What's his/her name? And you should share some photos!

Dogs are great too! I bet your mini doxie is incredibly cute. What's his/her name? And you should share some photos!

Her name is Lily! :lol:

fsot056.jpg

Another Lily! She's so cute and I love the sweater! My Lily has an adorable pink sweater but she hates wearing it.

Does your Lily have two different colored eyes? I've seen that in cats but never in a dog. So cool!

Yep. She has a brown and a blue. That's part of why I had to have her! :wub:

That is absolutely adorable! :)

I'm totally a dog person, but I have met a few cats I like. Your cat Lily looks very pretty and seems like a nice cat. I think I have met way too many mean cats and that has turned me off from them.

surgicalsense

My ex-husband was more of a dog lover too, as he liked to call himself :rolleyes: ... I lreally like dogs, I had a rat terrior. Love Rotts and grew up with them. But, there is nothing like a cute cat that following you around like a little toddy :wub: ... but, I really really like the toy breeds, specially the Yorkshires.

Awww so now is that 3 Lillys? I have a Lab, you have the gorgeous cat and Banshee has the cute little doxie!

I can has share too?! :D

Puppies: Sugar's the top one, Ginger's the bottom one (they're sisters)

e9e9e4c9.jpg

Kitties:

Me and my boyfriend's cat, Sasha

f36c2e6e.jpg

And my old lady kitty, she's 17, Jazzy

442d90c8.jpg

AWW! How cute!

Ok I want to Play

Zoey, 11 year old mutt dog

ZoeyZO-1.jpg

Tails, 12(?) year old rescue poodle/shih tzu

lazyday.jpg

Here are some kittens I fostered a few years ago

kittens1-1.jpg

kittens2.jpg

My husband hates cats so he said no more foster kittens :( They were fun though.

Yay! My thread is so full of cuteness today! Thanks for sharing guys! Its fun to see your other pets besides just the fish tanks :D

I'm totally a dog person, but I have met a few cats I like. Your cat Lily looks very pretty and seems like a nice cat. I think I have met way too many mean cats and that has turned me off from them.

I think a lot of people that don't like cats have just only met mean or standoffish ones. There are just so many cats that are really close to being feral that people adopt and its difficult to ever really get them to entirely trust humans. Lily was a stray so she was really shy around people at first, but now she is an absolute love bug with me and a few other people she knows well. She's still very shy around people she doesn't know well and definitely takes quite a bit of time with someone before she decides she can trust them.

Awww so now is that 3 Lillys? I have a Lab, you have the gorgeous cat and Banshee has the cute little doxie!

So many Lilys! Being adorable must be a pre-requisite for being named Lily :lol:

I had the coolest black cat in the world. Some ####### hit him in a car and didn't stop. RIP Salem. :(

I had the coolest black cat in the world. Some ####### hit him in a car and didn't stop. RIP Salem. :(

That's so sad! Poor Salem :( I don't understand how people can just drive off and not stop to help when something like that happens. That sort of thing is why I won't have an outdoor cat anymore. Lily only stays inside where its nice and safe.

Archived