Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

I love the blue linckias but I know they don't do well. My red fromia has been doing pretty good so far. My wife loves it to death. If I had my way, I'd have a harlequin shrimp. I think they are amazing.

Unfortunately, Sealife Inc doesn't say what species they are, just that they're "standard" starfish. I know I would love having one of the glass, but I'd like to make sure I won't starve it first. I'm definitely tempted to order one though.

Harlequin shrimp are so pretty! I think I'm at my limit for shrimp though with 2 cleaner shrimp and my candy stripe pistol shrimp. Plus, they're a bit pricey for a shrimp.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, Sealife Inc doesn't say what species they are, just that they're "standard" starfish. I know I would love having one of the glass, but I'd like to make sure I won't starve it first. I'm definitely tempted to order one though.

No stars are your LFS?

Any of the starfish from the fromia family are very colorful and much hardier.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/fromiastarfaqs.htm

No stars are your LFS?

None of the local stores seem to get fromia in, mostly just linkia. And all the stars they do get in are HUGE! I want something a bit more nano-sized since my tank isn't all that big. I know that all of them can eventually grow pretty large, but I'd at least like them to start off small since they take a long time to get that big.

The ones on Sealife Inc. are only $14 for shipping and I had a great experience with having my brittle and serpent stars shipped. Also, the ones I'm looking at are supposed to ship at about 2" from leg tip to leg tip, so it would be a much better size for the tank.

So I couldn't resist. I ended up ordering one of the "common" starfish from Sealife Inc. because I read the customer reviews on that kind of starfish and every single one gave them 5 out of 5 stars. It seems like they're reef safe, almost always out in view on the glass, and reasonably easy to spot feed, so I figured why not? It will ship out probably on Monday so I'm guessing it'll arrive on Wednesday of next week. Here's what it will look like:

2%20common%20Stars_500_500.jpg

Oh...those are pretty too!!!! I love sealifeinc's stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with them :)

Nice decision :happy:

Awesome!

Let us know how they do!

I'm thinking about getting one for my future 38

I'll keep you guys posted. I ended up just ordering one because I really wasn't sure how many my 30 gallon could support, especially since I already have 2 big bristle stars and 3 serpent stars.

Oh...those are pretty too!!!! I love sealifeinc's stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with them :)

Nice decision :happy:

Yeah, considering how great my last order from them was, I figured I should order from them if I wanted another starfish. And ive been really wanting a standard looking starfish to hang out on the glass. Unfortunately there wasn't anything else I wanted/have space for right now, so I just ordered the one starfish with priority shipping. It's still not that expensive at $21.50 total.

Just a cool photo of the underside of one of the serpent stars. I thought the pattern was really cool :) Ignore the poor quality of the image, I took this after the lights went out on the tank.

IMG_0739.jpg

Cool little tunicate colony that hitchhiked into my tank:

IMG_0751.jpg

I had to relocate one of my purple mushrooms because it was getting HUGE and blocking the other mushrooms. It left behind a tiny baby! See it?

IMG_0752.jpg

How do you post the pictures so that they don't look like a piece of film that you have to click on?

I created a photbucket account and upload all of my photos on there. Once they're uploaded, photobucket gives you an code for the photo. You just copy that code here and it will show up the same way my photos do. :)

How do you post the pictures so that they don't look like a piece of film that you have to click on?

[img=www.photobucket.com/dirtman/crappypicofcoralsandstuff.jpg]

Oh wow!!!!!!!! Love the tunicates!!!!!! Wish I could get some of those growing in my macro tank!!!!!!

They just kind of appeared right after I moved everything into the 30 gallon, and I just kept forgetting to snap a photo of them. They're definitely pretty cool and I love the bright red color, but I know nothing about them. They seem happy in my tank, so I just leave them alone.

I wonder if you could buy some somewhere for the macro tank?

Oh, also, I got my BRS package today! I love their fast shipping! That means I now have frag plugs, a kit with the frag tools, and superglue. Maybe this weekend I'll try my hand at the first couple frags and the then I can just put the frags in the sandbed until my Eshopps rack from Dr. Fosters and Smith shows up.

I love the tunicates! I have a few as well but mine are jut plain white.

Have fun fragging it's not too hard just remember it grows back! ;)

I love the tunicates! I have a few as well but mine are jut plain white.

Have fun fragging it's not too hard just remember it grows back! ;)

Yeah, its awesome that they're red. Mine just mysteriously showed up one day, so maybe you'll get some red ones at some point :)

Thanks! I'm going to keep that in mind and not stress when I start trying to frag. I may go at the xenia tonight if I have time because one of its stalk is shading my undata and starting to make it mad. It also seems like the best place to start since its just xenia :)

Remember it's SUPER slimy and smells really really bad! :lol:

I figured. The slimy, smelly part is my least favorite part of dealing with corals. Its such an awful smell.

BLEH! Even SPS smell bad!

I'm not going anywhere near my SPS for quite a while. They've got lots of growing to do before I start fragging them. Its the xenia and zoas and palys that are ready right now.

Zoas and palys seem easy enough. They don't smell so bad either just the possibility of being poisoned is there! :lol:

Zoas and palys seem easy enough. They don't smell so bad either just the possibility of being poisoned is there! :lol:

Yeah, I just gotta borrow some gloves and safety glasses from my lab before I attempt fragging them. Paly toxin... :scarry:

Archived