Top Shelf Aquatics

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

I did some DIY rock work stuff on the tank today Felicia. It was a PITA, but it allowed for more SPS! Woot.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did some DIY rock work stuff on the tank today Felicia. It was a PITA, but it allowed for more SPS! Woot.

If you're telling me this, you better have posted photos! I'm heading over to your thread...

Figured I'd post a few more photos since I'd been such a slacker about it lately. I realized you guys have never really seen the whole view of my living room with my tank in it, so you can see how the tank fits into the room. So here you go:

IMG_0708.jpg

Notice Lily is hanging out in her favorite spot.

IMG_0710.jpg

And Lily was being cute, so here's a few photos of her as well.

IMG_0720.jpg

Yawn!

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I like this photo...

I can see you asking the cat, OPEN WIDE, WHERE IS MY MISSING GOBY! :(

oqyebn.jpg

FTFY

I like the setup. Very nice.

:lol: That's better! She does look a bit intimidating when she yawns.

And thanks! My place is small, but its enough for me and Lily and it makes the tank look bigger :)

Oh, and one more before I head out for the night:

IMG_0737.jpg

Half asleep :)

I like this photo...

I can see you asking the cat, OPEN WIDE, WHERE IS MY MISSING GOBY! :(

oqyebn.jpg

Thanks! I have just as much fun photographing Lily as I do the tank.

And yeah, not so much. My starry blenny jumped a few weeks ago and dried up on the floor before I found him. I was gone all day and Lily had plenty of time to mess with him based on how dried out he was, but she hadn't even touched it. Did I mention she's scared of bugs? Fish are a bit bigger than bugs :lol:

I like how shes sitting with both front feet hanging off :)

I know! I thought it was too funny, which is why I decided to take some photos of her.

omg....LOVE all the new pictures in here. So much cuteness :happy: Lily is sooo pretty!

There is a ton of cuteness lately! And Lily says thank you for all the compliments.

Btw, you guys should check out this video:

omg....that video made ME jump :lol:

That's a brave cat!!!!!!

Looks like Lily trying to walk around the rim of my tank when the lid is off. Luckily none of my fish lunge at her like that. :lol:

My dad actually showed me the video and I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

No exciting updates today other than that its a water change day. Oh, and I highly recommend seeing The Avengers. I saw it last night and its an awesome movie if you like superhero movies :D

I have a yearly movie pass that gets me in free, but I have to wait until the movie has been out for a week. :(

Haha that video's funny! :) But those poor fish crammed in that little tank. Maybe that's why they're grumpy :P

+1 on the Avengers! I saw it opening night, it was pretty good. Funnier than I expected!

I have a yearly movie pass that gets me in free, but I have to wait until the movie has been out for a week. :(

That's not bad though. I'd be more than willing to wait a week if I didn't have to keep paying $11.50 for movies. Ugh!

Haha that video's funny! :) But those poor fish crammed in that little tank. Maybe that's why they're grumpy :P

+1 on the Avengers! I saw it opening night, it was pretty good. Funnier than I expected!

Those are some huge fish for that tank. They're almost as big as the cat, so I'm not surprised the cat was so scared.

I agree. The Avengers was really funny. I was absolutely cracking up at certain parts. Tony Stark has the best lines :)

ScubaEthan
Yay! My thread is so full of cuteness today! Thanks for sharing guys! Its fun to see your other pets besides just the fish tanks :D

Yesssss!

FTFY

hahahahha I was so about to do that with the ferocious Lily photo then I saw you already did it :lol:

LMAO I had to share it on Facebook. I titled it when fish bite back! :lol:

I did too. I put "Curiosity killed the cat. (Note: no cats die in this video, it's okay to watch.)"

I like your living room. The tank is bigger than the TV! I have a 40" TV so I need a much bigger tank.... ;)

I like your living room. The tank is bigger than the TV! I have a 40" TV so I need a much bigger tank.... ;)

Thanks! My TV is just a 37" old tube TV, so its not harder to have the tank be bigger than it. The tank is usually more fun to watch anyway :D

So, I'm going to order some frag supplies because some of my zoas and palys are growing into one another and need to be fragged. Here's what I'm buying:

Eshopps corner frag rack (clear, holds 13 plugs):

p-70638-49225-51083-fish.jpg

BRS Coral Propagation Kit (scalpel, forceps, scissors, and bone cutters):

normal-frag-kit_2.jpg

BRS Extra Thick Super Glue:

brs-glue_1.jpg

Coral Frag Plugs (25 pcs.):

coral-frag-plug-small-bag.jpg

Coralline Purple Reef Epoxy:

coraline-reef-epoxy.jpg

Does this look like everything I need? I've never fragged anything before, so any suggestions on what I'm buying would be great. :D

It looks good to me! On a much sadder note, I found AEFWs on one of my frags I bought recently. I dipped it, and all my other frags, and shook the crap out of it and I saw little specs in the water. I'm hoping that it was isolated to just that frag/coral. :(

Spirofucci

Just saw the living room and Lily pics! She is soooo cute! If my wife ever kicks me out, that's all I'd need. TV, couch, cat and tank!

Looks like you have the necessary supplies. I think some people dip their frags in coralRX (sp?) or iodine but I'm not sure that's necessary. You might look it up.

Looks like you have the necessary supplies. I think some people dip their frags in coralRX (sp?) or iodine but I'm not sure that's necessary. You might look it up.

+1

I never had to dip them they always just healed so nice. I never used the Purple reef putty either just a nice pool of glue on the plug then stick the frag right on the top of it until its in there good. I managed to glue down a bunch of lose zoas without getting any glue on me by using the tweezers and putting them onto the glue with those instead of my hands. ;)

It looks good to me! On a much sadder note, I found AEFWs on one of my frags I bought recently. I dipped it, and all my other frags, and shook the crap out of it and I saw little specs in the water. I'm hoping that it was isolated to just that frag/coral. :(

Ok great. I'm about to place the order now.

Uh oh! I don't actually know what AEFW stands for, but I'm assuming they're a pest. Hopefully that took care of it!

Just saw the living room and Lily pics! She is soooo cute! If my wife ever kicks me out, that's all I'd need. TV, couch, cat and tank!

Lily says thank you for the compliment :D I do pretty much have everything I need in my little apartment, except space for a larger aquarium ;)

Coral RX is kind of pricey and I'm not sure if I'll need it. I do have iodine though if I need to dip in something. Thanks for the info, Gena!

+1

I never had to dip them they always just healed so nice. I never used the Purple reef putty either just a nice pool of glue on the plug then stick the frag right on the top of it until its in there good. I managed to glue down a bunch of lose zoas without getting any glue on me by using the tweezers and putting them onto the glue with those instead of my hands. ;)

I'm hoping I won't need to dip them, but I have some iodine just in case. I'm actually not buying the putty for fragging. Its just for attaching stuff to my rocks and I'm all out of it. I figure I may take the mother colonies out of the tank to frag them, so I'll need to be able to reattach them in place when I'm done. The superglue is for the actual frags. And good tip about using the tweezers while gluing! I'm sure otherwise I'll get it all over me, although I plan on wearing gloves while I'm fragging.

Order placed! Now to wait impatiently for 7 business days (Dr. Foster and Smith shipping kills me).

In the meantime, I kind of want one of these from SeaLife Inc.

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info...products_id=196

(Small standard starfish)

I know a lot of people have issues with the sandsifting ones and linkia starving, but the website description says these are easy to spot feed. I'm tempted because it'd be cool to have one that will actually hang out on the glass versus on the rocks like the brittle and serpent stars. Anyone know anything about these?

Anyone have experience fragging xenia? I'm going to practice on that first (since its cheap!) before I go hacking at my zoas and palys. I found this video on Youtube that looks like a simple approach, but I thought I'd see what you guys think about it first.

I love the blue linckias but I know they don't do well. My red fromia has been doing pretty good so far. My wife loves it to death. If I had my way, I'd have a harlequin shrimp. I think they are amazing.

Archived