Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ballz' Reef

iball1804

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha Harriot Tubman, leader of the UGR (underground railroad)! :lol:

He ate a LOT today! I would periodically add Formula One pellets to the tank, but he wouldn't eat. Today when I came by to check him out, all the pellets were gone! After adding more, I watched him grab them out of the water column. I literally jumped up and down in my room. That's a huge benchmark!

That's the light I'm replacing with LEDs. The 4x24w light. It's a good light. But if you want shimmer, and you have the time for DIY I'd go with aquastyles.

It's a great light though. If you look at any photo of my tank, that's what the stock bulbs look like.

It hasn't sold yet. :angry: But whatever.

The screen is just window screen at Home Depot/Lowe's. The clear 1/4" stuff is just too expensive and hard to find. I prefer window screen anyways!

These lights sure are taking a long time to get ordered... :unsure:

I told you bro! I can't buy anything until my auctions sell.

I discovered a small leak on a bottom corner of my tank. I drained most of the water, took out the live rock, and put the sixline in a small acrylic tank. After patching last night, I can put it all back together again tomorrow morning.

Dang.

Damn. AT least you caught the leak before it became a problem. How does the rock work look now? If there is one thing I know about moving a aquascape, it's that it will never look the same again.

Damn. AT least you caught the leak before it became a problem. How does the rock work look now? If there is one thing I know about moving a aquascape, it's that it will never look the same again.

Yeah that's pretty much true. I do remember where all the rocks went and such, but something is probably going to go wrong like always. :happy:

Hey wish me luck, I run a 5K today.

I told you bro! I can't buy anything until my auctions sell.

Haha! I know, just giving you a hard time. :happy:

And as far as aquascaping goes, I wouldn't worry about it and I wold even use this time to try something different. Who knows, you might like something better. I've added, moved, and manipulated LR in my aquarium a couple of times and it looks TONS more amazing now then it did when I first set it up. Good job catching that leak and good luck with that 5K!

The race was OK. I had some cramps and sore muscles but over-all it was pretty fun.

At around 8 tonight I will put it all back together! I'm lowering the price on my iPod so that it can sell quickly. I want my LEDs! I'm just going to go with the 14 LED kit, and I'll dim and necessary.

Alright after like 36 hours I thought it was safe to put it all back together.

The scape was a little different, some things I might change but overall it looks great!

Omen (my sixline - like the name?) is doing great. I wont add him to the tank until it clears. Is it ok if the tank is not clear when I add him? I did a 50% water change just in case to flush the nitrates and whatever surprises the silicone had left me in the water. fingerscrossed

Archived