inTank Media Baskets

Ballz' Reef

iball1804

Ill ask here, im a T5 guy :D Will the 36 LED dimmable kit here:

http://www.aquastyleonline.com/products/36...mmable-Kit.html

Be sufficient for sps in a 20 long?

That's the size people use for SPS in a 40 breeder. My combined is 40 LEDs and I know from pismo I can't even run them full power without bleaching coral :lol:

The 14 should be sufficient, or you could contact them and try to get a 20 kit made. I wouldn't go more than 20 though.

iball, that sounds about right. What I would figure is that whatever savings you got would cancel out your shipping costs and then a little extra.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I will send them a message right now.

Would 8 LED's suffice as well? Spread out along the heatsink (4Wx16L)?

Well, since everyone is posting LED amounts here, would the 14 LED's be too much overkill for my 5.5 shallow? I'm assuming so now.XD

Since your tank is so shallow I would assume you could but then the concern is getting a spotlight effect.

Well, since everyone is posting LED amounts here, would the 14 LED's be too much overkill for my 5.5 shallow? I'm assuming so now.XD

Yes you're assuming right haha. Unless you wanted all acro or something like that :lol:

That would be awesome!!!!!!! But unfortunately I can't do that. :( Well the suggested amount would be...what exactly? And I'm doing dimmable.

You would be somewhat limited having 4" between each LED roughly. I wouldn't do any less than 10 honestly. Are you planning to run the LEDs without optics or with?

That would be awesome!!!!!!! But unfortunately I can't do that. :( Well the suggested amount would be...what exactly? And I'm doing dimmable.

I'm not really sure, if I had to guess, I'd say 8-10 would work, you could try less but like I said earlier, spotlighting becomes an issue. Since I've looked at your tank thread (which should be linked in your sig so people can find it), I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy a second 20 evil light. It would cost the same, no DIY needed, and it would be way more than enough.

Why can't you do all acro? :huh:

Thanks!

Alright 10 LEDs it is. 5 RB and 5CW. Dimmable. Still gotta quote them the price, but it's less than 100$, so win.

I wish I could find my darn camera, I'd post some pics!

I'm not really sure, if I had to guess, I'd say 8-10 would work, you could try less but like I said earlier, spotlighting becomes an issue. Since I've looked at your tank thread (which should be linked in your sig so people can find it), I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy a second 20 evil light. It would cost the same, no DIY needed, and it would be way more than enough.

Why can't you do all acro? :huh:

I will tag it once I make a members page in about a week or so. I could to this...but I kinda want something to dim, but I guess this isn't necessity. And right now I have 40 degree optics and if I ordered one it would also have 40's, so I would have to order 10 more lenses. Oh well we will see.

Haha! All acro?!?! Na, I don't think my tank could support it. Maybe...we'll see.

pismo_reefer

I just read the last 10 posts, and all I found out, is that iBall is j_mcord's Guinea Pig.... :mellow:

I want my 5min's back... <_<

:lol:

I just read the last 10 posts, and all I found out, is that iBall is j_mcord's Guinea Pig.... :mellow:

And that teens can't tell the difference between Samuel L. Jackson and Morgan Freeman.

I want my 5min's back... <_<

:lol:

FTFY :lol:

Just kidding you guys :flower:

Alright alright you are both pretty. Can we look at my pictures now? ;)

6208768289_c3d85a4026.jpg

IMG_2845 by iball1804, on Flickr

6209281494_0e7bbfb6e4.jpg

IMG_2844 by iball1804, on Flickr

6208766087_b185ddc225.jpg

IMG_2843 by iball1804, on Flickr

6208765327_74c5bf2591.jpg

IMG_2842 by iball1804, on Flickr

6209279326_39baac6004.jpg

IMG_2841 by iball1804, on Flickr

6209278548_6ee67ef658.jpg

IMG_2840 by iball1804, on Flickr

6208763103_6ea76d4a6f.jpg

IMG_2839 by iball1804, on Flickr

6209275996_88a34d127b.jpg

IMG_2849 by iball1804, on Flickr

6209275346_27fb842810.jpg

IMG_2846 by iball1804, on Flickr

How does it look?

:happy:

Thanks! It really did turn out pretty well, there are multiply little caves and tunnels; perfect for a sixline.

Pretty (in my world) is also synonymous for hideous and disgusting. It's true! :lol:

JK muh man.

pismo_reefer

Damn, Ballz..... That's a sexy tank! :eek:

You can't even tell it's diy.... srsly, hella pro! B)

Edit: Yea... I called you Ballz.

Thanks peeps. I'm getting a pretty good deal on some corals from a reefer on here. Although my light hasn't been ordered yet, I'm gonna use a small T5 fixture to sustain them long enough until the light comes.

I'm not a goofball. Rat. I made the front and back panels raised so I could flushly add a top. Work with me here!

Archived