ReefCleaners.org

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral
What's new?

Not much, I'm chillin for a few more weeks with the corals I have now and then I'm going to start cherry picking the pieces I want to add from there. I think my very short time with Lobo's tell me that I don't really care for them That much. Actualy the green on I have I can see some of the skeleton on the back side and it doesn't look to good... My other big Lobo that had the orange tips is looking good still though and is nice and puffed up! My 2 cleaner shrimp love to always walk all over the clams and then they close up and once it opens back up they will do it again a while Later... Clams are still good but I am not to sure if I will keep them. I still want to go all sps! Like an acro forest on the rocks and maybe some chalice on the sand bed. Not to sure about the chalice corals Just yet though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a good plan. I just got myself a 2.5" crocea! And just added some more pictures! Where's your pictures update? Is everything still growing good for you?

saltwatercoral
Sounds like a good plan. I just got myself a 2.5" crocea! And just added some more pictures! Where's your pictures update? Is everything still growing good for you?

You know what... I totally forgot to get pics of the new pieces And post em! I will have to do that tomorrow! Everything is still doing great, thankfully! I'm not home now but will try to snap a few pics if I don't get home To late tonight. Awsome to hear about your clam! Ill check out your pics here shortly as well!

saltwatercoral

I have been closely viewing my tank lately and the coral that's gowing the mst is the Green monti cap I got from Pschom! That thing is growing crazy fast! Then I would say the setosa piece from Jason Fox. The setosa is growing under and is growing under and consuming the frag plug! I will try to het some pics here shortly! The Monti cap is starting to grow around a rock I have that originally had plety if space when I put it in!

I have been closely viewing my tank lately and the coral that's gowing the mst is the Green monti cap I got from Pschom! That thing is growing crazy fast! Then I would say the setosa piece from Jason Fox. The setosa is growing under and is growing under and consuming the frag plug! I will try to het some pics here shortly! The Monti cap is starting to grow around a rock I have that originally had plety if space when I put it in!

Awesome! For anyone looking, I can frag this green cap for you if your local. It's green, but it's bright and it grows like nothing else I've ever seen.

saltwatercoral
Awesome! For anyone looking, I can frag this green cap for you if your local. It's green, but it's bright and it grows like nothing else I've ever seen.

I can second that one! It is a real nice piece and grows very well!

saltwatercoral
:angry: Ok.... :angry: so I come home to find my MP40wES controller flashing all sorts of lovely colors and it's not working. I did unplug it and pug it back in and it's back up and working. But for how long? This is the replacement one they gave me after the oringinal I bought was bad out of the box. I see everyone has these pumps so I guess they are good but.... COME ON! It would have only been working for 3 months now. Anyone ever had this many problems before? I'm about ready to give up on these things and go with a better, longer lasting, Cheaper pump.
saltwatercoral
Probably just want to re-seat the propeller part with the motor part. Any growth pics?

Sounds good, I will google how to do that one. I did take about half a dozen or more growth pics. I had to dial the lights higher (whites) since they lights are about ready to go close to off for the night. I will post pics tomorrow morning of each coral before and now pics to show growth! My first 3 pieces that I have had for about 3 months now are obviously the ones that have grown the most. But there is an exception.... That Monti cap sure does like to grow fast! It looks crazy bright under theses SOL blues! Pluss with me feeding my sps photo feast they seam to love the stuff! Stay tuned. I will Post some pics in just a few hrs. For now... Bed.

saltwatercoral

Alright as i promised (sorry it took so long).... Here are some before and after pics. The I took these pics after my water change and when the lights were going down so the corals do not show there color at all and these are iphone pics as well, so that being said...

La Lakers before...

LALakers.jpg

After

Lalakersscrollcoralgrowth.jpg

Satosa (Jason Fox) Before

SetosaJasonFoxfrag.jpg

After

SatosaJasonfoxgrowth.jpg

Green Birds Nest Before

Greenbirdsnest.jpg

After

GreenBirdsnestgrowth.jpg

Ponape Birds Nest Before

PonapeBirdsNest.jpg

After

Ponapebirdsnestgrowth.jpg

Purple Bonsai Before

PurpleBonsai.jpg

After

PurpleBonsaiGrowth.jpg

Pink Birds Before

PinkBirdsNest.jpg

After

Pinkbirdsnestgrowth.jpg

Miami Orchid Staghorn before

MiamiOrchidStaghorn.jpg

After

Miamistaghorngrowth.jpg

Green Chalice Before

Greenchalicefrompschom.jpg

After

GreenMonticapgrowth.jpg

saltwatercoral

I have my lights peaking around mid day at I believe 40 on whites and I believe around 50 on the blues. I will need to double check though. How about your settings?

saltwatercoral

Not to sure what these things are... Normal, Not Normal... They apear to be flat round white dots apearing on the rocks in different areas...

Whatarethese.jpg

I have my lights peaking around mid day at I believe 40 on whites and I believe around 50 on the blues. I will need to double check though. How about your settings?

I'm peaking at close to 100% b and 80 w. Are you increasing the intensity weekly/bi weekly? That will give you more color in everything.

White things look like snail eggs.

saltwatercoral
I'm peaking at close to 100% b and 80 w. Are you increasing the intensity weekly/bi weekly? That will give you more color in everything.

White things look like snail eggs.

No I have been letting the intensity stay. I thought I was close to max but I guess not, lol. Can you post or tell me where you have your SOL settings for setup? I just want to compare... Thanks!

And yes just found out that they are Nerite eggs.

saltwatercoral

I just bumped up my settings for my 3 SOL BLUES. I want to dial in the max growth of my corals so this is the first step:

White-Blue-Royal Blue

7AM: 20-25-25

9AM: 25-30-30

12PM: 30-40-40

2PM: 40-50-50

3PM: 40-50-50

5PM: 30-40-40

6PM: 25-30-30

8PM: 15-15-15

10PM: 0-1-0

2AM: 0-0-0 (lunar on - Lights out from 2AM-7AM)

Here's mine. I changed it recently with the addition of the stunner strips.

8am - 5w 10b - ramp 119m

10am - 20w 40b - ramp 119m

12pm - 65w 80b - ramp 90m

2pm - 70w 95b - ramp 60m

5pm - 50w 90b - ramp 45m

6pm - 5w 50b - ramp 90m

8pm - 00w 8b - ramp 120 - Lunar on

Esqueleto

Can you take pics of the clams you picked up from me? Im just wondering if they are ok:( my babies :(

saltwatercoral
Can you take pics of the clams you picked up from me? Im just wondering if they are ok:( my babies :(

Ill snap a few when I get home. My cleaner shrimp love to walk all over them so they get agravated from that. Other than that they open up real nice! I am bumping the light from my 3 SOLs up each week now, so I think the clams will love more light!

Thanks again!

Here's mine. I changed it recently with the addition of the stunner strips.

8am - 5w 10b - ramp 119m

10am - 20w 40b - ramp 119m

12pm - 65w 80b - ramp 90m

2pm - 70w 95b - ramp 60m

5pm - 50w 90b - ramp 45m

6pm - 5w 50b - ramp 90m

8pm - 00w 8b - ramp 120 - Lunar on

WOW, I def need to get my Blues going higher! Are your B and RB the same?

Esqueleto
Ill snap a few when I get home. My cleaner shrimp love to walk all over them so they get agravated from that. Other than that they open up real nice! I am bumping the light from my 3 SOLs up each week now, so I think the clams will love more light!

Thanks again!

Just to let you know, I used to have 2 skunk cleaner shrimps and they started to eat the squamosa clam a week after I put it in my tank, the squamosa stop extending his mantle and some of it was shrinked, I took the cleaners out after their constant hungryness behavior and the clams started to be happy again and grew back his mantle. Be carefull and watch those cleaners, I dont trust any shrimp or any other little ocean c0ckroach.

saltwatercoral
Just to let you know, I used to have 2 skunk cleaner shrimps and they started to eat the squamosa clam a week after I put it in my tank, the squamosa stop extending his mantle and some of it was shrinked, I took the cleaners out after their constant hungryness behavior and the clams started to be happy again and grew back his mantle. Be carefull and watch those cleaners, I dont trust any shrimp or any other little ocean c0ckroach.

Thats exatly what these guys are doing.... HMMMMMMM

Esqueleto
Thats exatly what these guys are doing.... HMMMMMMM

F.ck!!! the worst part would be taking the cleaners out, they are so smart, atleast mines were smart@sses, I failed to take one out with the trap I made and they lost their trust on me, so I took all the rockscape out to be able to catch those f.kers. They seems to prefer the squamosa over the crocea, not sure if its because the color or what but man, protect those clams, the squamosa grew like 2 inches in 3 months after I took the cleaners out. Good Luck with that sh.t, it p!ss me off this things happen.

I have a different model. Just raise the light but slowly or you'll fry stuff. Tron has his at 100% peak.

saltwatercoral
I have a different model. Just raise the light but slowly or you'll fry stuff. Tron has his at 100% peak.

100% wow! I will let my stuff sit for about 2 weeks on each new setting and then keep raising it from there! Thanks again! Any sps/acros you want to sell? Anything other than green... I have to much green.

Archived