Innovative Marine Aquariums

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral

I got some more corals today!!! My fav piece today is from pschom! Its a huge piece of green chalice! I also got a few other additions...

Huge Green Monti cap piece from pschom!

Greenchalicefrompschom.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp

Cleanershrimpchillin.jpg

Metalic green lobo

Metalicgreenlobo.jpg

Nice acan

Acan.jpg

I broke the tip off of this... So on the bright side now I have 2 frags!!!

AccidentallybrokeasmallpieceoffNowIhave2frags.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
Green thing is a green monti cap

My bad, just edited. Thanks....

+1

Woops

I was about to say. THAT AIN'T NO CHALICE!

WOW, I just recieved like 3 responces in just a couple of min. Sorry people, im a newb, what can I say :huh:

saltwatercoral
yeah it looks to be Echinata

Thanks Formula462! I like the deep red and blueish acan you have in your tank!

Lol. You get something wrong and people will jump all over it. I put a yellow tang in my tank and I have two pages of explanation why it wouldn't be the right thing to do. Still did it... That monti is gonna be an awesome piece. Wait a week and then you can frag it for experience. It's pretty forgiving.

saltwatercoral
Lol. You get something wrong and people will jump all over it. I put a yellow tang in my tank and I have two pages of explanation why it wouldn't be the right thing to do. Still did it... That monti is gonna be an awesome piece. Wait a week and then you can frag it for experience. It's pretty forgiving.

I may just let that piece grow and see how he does! He is doing real well!

I just saw the owner of Exotic Aquatics and got first hand new from him... They are closing the store down soon. It looked like they were going that direction... I just thought that some people in my area would like to know that info.

Eh, not surprising. Although I hate to see anyone have problems. Too bad. It looked like it was busy enough to stay open?? Maybe profits weren't being managed appropriately. I think I'll go up to TFP in a couple weeks and look for some sps frags.

saltwatercoral
Eh, not surprising. Although I hate to see anyone have problems. Too bad. It looked like it was busy enough to stay open?? Maybe profits weren't being managed appropriately. I think I'll go up to TFP in a couple weeks and look for some sps frags.

He did say that if you payed in cash that he will give you 25% off. I don't know if that was everything or just live stock though... Yea TFP is def the place to go! Now I only have House of Tropicals and Taht fish Place that are about 1hr from me... I wish there was some good stores that were closer!

He did say that if you payed in cash that he will give you 25% off. I don't know if that was everything or just live stock though... Yea TFP is def the place to go! Now I only have House of Tropicals and Taht fish Place that are about 1hr from me... I wish there was some good stores that were closer!

Looks like I'm gonna have to open my doors to you so you have good coral nearby. Lol

saltwatercoral
Looks like I'm gonna have to open my doors to you so you have good coral nearby. Lol

Awww Yea! Hook me up with some good different colored acro's and diff color sps!

Awww Yea! Hook me up with some good different colored acro's and diff color sps!

I got some awesome stuff today. Check out my thread I'll be posting pictures tonight or tomorrow when everything is open.

saltwatercoral
I got some awesome stuff today. Check out my thread I'll be posting pictures tonight or tomorrow when everything is open.

Will do!

Tanks looking great! great selection of corals so far! Love the bubble tip anemone! I just picked up a Rose Bulb Tip Anemone for a STEAL this weekend! i love it and my clowns freak out over it!

If i were you i would grab another cleaner, i have a pair of them and they produce eggs and they're cool together! the eggs also make great food for the corals,

saltwatercoral
Tanks looking great! great selection of corals so far! Love the bubble tip anemone! I just picked up a Rose Bulb Tip Anemone for a STEAL this weekend! i love it and my clowns freak out over it!

If i were you i would grab another cleaner, i have a pair of them and they produce eggs and they're cool together! the eggs also make great food for the corals,

Thanks! I'll grab another cleaner the next time I go out to get more corals. My anemone always shrinks at night and the puffs back up when the lights come on. Is that normal?

Thanks! I'll grab another cleaner the next time I go out to get more corals. My anemone always shrinks at night and the puffs back up when the lights come on. Is that normal?

Yep.

Corals extend in most cases to capture sunlight, so therefore at night it's not necessary. Plus it probably helps keep them safe from predators during that time.

Perfectly normal. Most of my corals look pretty pitiful during the night hours - except for the ones that prefer to feed at night, which are usually fully extended a couple hours after the lights go out.

Archived