inTank Media Baskets

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral
Check out the new stuff I bought yesterday. I put the pictures up in my thread. I got a new red, green, and purple monti cap also.

That is some nice scores! I commented on yo thread as well!

I might be crazy but... I picked up 2 more pieces tonight! They are drip acclimating now, so I will post pics when they are in the tank!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral

The Ultra Green Brain that I got seams to be doing alright. I just got it about 2 days ago. I'm trying to figure out if I am doing ok with it. It's such an Awsome piece and I don't want to harm It. When I put him in it did have a small tiny area about the size of a small eraser that turned white on it. It might have been from the ride home when it did that because when I got it it was all great and very healthy! Now the spot is just about the size of a pin head and almost all healed up there. I did target feed it cyclops and I guess I blew it a smudge To hard and it sucked it's small tenticals back in and some tissue as well. So my question is, should I move it since it looks like it's doing good, or should I move it because it's not opening fully? I was told that it may open to the size of a soft ball and it's Def not that size now.

It will be about a baseball size. How large is it right now compared to that? Was the white spot possibly one of its mouths opening? Cause I don't think it would have healed that fast if it was a piece of tissue loss. I say leave it alone for a few days and monitor. It was in the same spot for 8-9 months. Keep feeding it and you should be fine.

saltwatercoral
It will be about a baseball size. How large is it right now compared to that? Was the white spot possibly one of its mouths opening? Cause I don't think it would have healed that fast if it was a piece of tissue loss. I say leave it alone for a few days and monitor. It was in the same spot for 8-9 months. Keep feeding it and you should be fine.

It's def not the size of a baseball. It looked much better in your tank, so I was concerned that it was a bad spot so I did move it and I will watch it for a Few days and see how the little guy does! I target feed it cyclops tonight (as well as all the other corals). It does have it's Tentacles coming out slightly Like it's trying to feed, so that's good. I got a good pic of it with the tentacles out slightly. I will Post pics of all the corals tomorrow, I'm To tired now and am typing from my cell in bed now, lol.

The one piece i did get tonight is kinda the same Fam as the green open brain I have now, but its

All white, and has light orange tentacles. It's real nice looking! The best part is after putting it in the tank it slimed up for a few min after moving it around but now that sucker is like 4 times The size! Its a hard skeleton with soft tissue and it Looks Like it's Loving the new spot. It didn't even Look that nice in the store! And the green bubble tip anemone has puffed up real Nice and decided it likes a Large empty shell behind the rock work in the sand and has attached itself to it, lol. Pics to come tomorrow!

saltwatercoral

Here are some pics with the blue and Royal Blue turned off and just the white on. I did this so my Iphone would be able to get a decent pic without the color wash. Now with the white they don't look that impressive but it gives you an idea on how they look... The first 2 are my newest corals, but I don't have a name for them. If you know what they are please tell me so I can update my list!

?

2.jpg

? (hard bone structure with a soft tissue and is looking very happy) After looking at this guy this morning he is puffed up even more and his colors are incredible, orange, and white and almost a hint of yellow in spots!)

photo-2.jpg

Ponape Birds Nest

3.jpg

Green Birds Nest

photo1-1.jpg

Setosa (Jason Fox frag)

4.jpg

Ultra green Wellsophyllia brain

brain.jpg

Miami Orchid Staghorn

Miamistaghorn.jpg

saltwatercoral
The '?' looks like a Bubble Tip Anemone to me. Where did you but it?

Unfortunately the only place that I don’t care for that much... Exotic Aquatics. I needed a big filter sock for my sump and did not have time to go far away so I stopped by. And they never have anything that I need, so I decided just to look around and WOW! It looks like Exotic Aquatics is not doing to good. They have taken out over half of there saltwater stock of corals and fish. The owner said that if I pay in cash he will give me 20% off as well. So I paid in cash and it made there price somewhat reasonable. They did not say what they were though. The Bubble tip is all green and has some almost orange colors with the blue light on it and the other frag I have no clue what it is but looks insane under the blue SOLS!

Nice frags!

Thanks twan! Im trying to be like you all when I grow up and can swim in the big kid pool! :D

saltwatercoral
Nice frags. Your brain looks much happier in that spot today.

Thanks Criley7! It def looks happier in the new spot. Some of the softer tissue was out this morning! You can also see in the pic that the tentacles are out slightly so I think he will be just fine!

Thanks Criley7! It def looks happier in the new spot. Some of the softer tissue was out this morning! You can also see in the pic that the tentacles are out slightly so I think he will be just fine!

Awesome! happy to hear! Now just keep feeding....haha!

saltwatercoral

I think I made my first rookie mistake (that I am Aware of). It may be a big One to! Today I noticed my to open brains def not doing good. I checked all water param And all were very good. I did a very thorough inspection in the water and all Seemed fine. I checked my sump and the only thing I noticed was the filter sock was getting dirty. I am going to replace That here soon anyway, but then I saw a BIG problem... When adding my PhosBan reactor I put a stainless steel clamp on the end and put it In the water... Well the screw was not stainless steel and I noticed lots of rust forming! I pulled it out ass soon as I saw it and removed the clamp. I am making water right now to do a water change but

It may not be done tonight... Do you think I am screwed or can I still rebound?

saltwatercoral

I fortunately started mixing some water yesterday and was able to finish a 15g water change for tonight/this morning. I will check in a few hrs when I get up to see how things are doing.

saltwatercoral
You will probally be fine. As soon as you do this water change mix up another batch and do another water change in a day or 2.

Will do!

Rust (iron oxide) shouldn't be harmful to your fish/corals.

I sure hope so!

I did notice this morning that my lobo was nice and puffy! I will do another water change in a few days to be on the safe side!

saltwatercoral
You crank up that mp40 yet?

YUP! I have it set for short pulse (blue color) and it goes a llitle more than max at its force for wave action. If that makes any sence...

Rust (iron oxide) shouldn't be harmful to your fish/corals.

Wow, is that true? I mean I realize you wouldn't have written it if you didn't know... Just contradictory to what I've heard. Which, again, I realize could be as inaccurate as anything... ;) So many variables!

redwhiteandblue

wouldnt sweat it. the brain corals probly look "bad" because they have just been introduced to a new home and are acclimating....

saltwatercoral
wouldnt sweat it. the brain corals probly look "bad" because they have just been introduced to a new home and are acclimating....

Thanks for the info RW&B. Its funny you say that now... They are looking amazing and the colors almost look more vibrant as well! I will be posting some of those fancy pice my frient took with one of those fancy cameras here soon!

saltwatercoral

Here are some of the many pics. I like pics and Im sure every one else does to. This was just a few days ago when I only had 3 pieces of corals in and he came over to snap a few pics! Ill need him to come over and get some new updated pics now that I have 8 pieces. Soon to be atleast 9 (thanks Criley7 & Pschom) if not 10, 11, 12...lol)

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

Archived