Innovative Marine Aquariums

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you pre order the phoenix units? i checked the site but i didn't see anyway of pre ordering them.

By the way i thought id give you my $.02 on the salt question. Im using red sea coral pro, i really like it, it mixes very well and all my levels are excellent.

saltwatercoral
How did you pre order the phoenix units? i checked the site but i didn't see anyway of pre ordering them.

By the way i thought id give you my $.02 on the salt question. Im using red sea coral pro, i really like it, it mixes very well and all my levels are excellent.

You can pre order through ReefGeek.com or AquaCave.com. I think I'm

Going to use the same salt as well! Thanks!

saltwatercoral
Your welcome! To pre-order do i just send them an email, or is there a part on the site that has the phoenix available for pre-order

You need to go on there site and give them a call. They have a list and they will get your contact info and call u when the become available. I did this a while ago, just waiting now for AI to release them! Just tell them u want the new Pheonix and how many, if u want the controller (I would get it) and maybe the hanging kit as well. U don't pay anything now but when they call, u need to be able to pay for it or they won't hold it.

saltwatercoral
Looking good swc. Did you order rock already, sorry if I missed that.

Not yet, what kind/type should I order and how much?

Not yet, what kind/type should I order and how much?

i would use dried base rock. you know for sure theres nothing on the rock that can come back and haunt you.

saltwatercoral
Might want to check the supprt under your floor its going to alot of weight.

I thought of that as well, the wall it's going against has a steel I beam under it. I'm still going to go under in crawl space and go out about 5-6 feet from the I beam and brace the floor as well. When it's all filled it will be about 1,500lbs.

saltwatercoral

Just got the 12 Month Premium Membership! I love this site and the people on it! If you use this site a lot like I do u should donate! :D

saltwatercoral
Awesome to see someone else from the area and going to my favorite place! That fish place! Keep the updates coming.

That place is Da bomb!!!

saltwatercoral
Looks like a nice setup you've got started. I can't wait to see some water in it.

Tanks Bro! I'm itchen to get it filled!

Tanks Bro! I'm itchen to get it filled!
I'm sure you are. It's refreshing to see someone taking their time and really planning out their build though. Keep up the good work, the finished product will be a well worth it reward for your efforts.
saltwatercoral
I'm sure you are. It's refreshing to see someone taking their time and really planning out their build though. Keep up the good work, the finished product will be a well worth it reward for your efforts.

Tanks Chris! Anything else y'all think I may need?!

saltwatercoral

Just picked up some more stuff today. Dang, this little stuff adds up... I got a rubbermaid trash can from Homedepot that has a set of rollers so I can fill it will water and then roll it over to the tank. Also a small 950GPH pump for mixing the salt and also to pump the water back into the setup when its done mixing. Some Phosban media, a big mag float galss cleaner and 2 LED strip from the Homedepot for under the stand so I can work and see at the same time. Check out the PICS to see what I did with them. I think it came out good.

I am hoping to do a 90 gallon setup for under $1500 :D

Free bone white lr, sand, building my own stand and cheap fish.....

Although I'm continually(not kidding) plagued by dreams of mainlander corals and how my tank will be zoanthid only.

saltwatercoral
I am hoping to do a 90 gallon setup for under $1500 :D

Free bone white lr, sand, building my own stand and cheap fish.....

Although I'm continually(not kidding) plagued by dreams of mainlander corals and how my tank will be zoanthid only.

Good luck!!! I hope you can! All said and done just for me to fil this with water and get live rock in it is going to cost me about 5K :o

redwhiteandblue

i know the feeling, i dont think mine has been 5k yet, but close enough haha.

i lost track after i bought the skimmer. since then i bought rock, lights, bulbs, sand, odds and ends, hardware store trips.....i guess its a good thing i lost track a thousand or so ago lol. rediculous....

saltwatercoral
i know the feeling, i dont think mine has been 5k yet, but close enough haha.

i lost track after i bought the skimmer. since then i bought rock, lights, bulbs, sand, odds and ends, hardware store trips.....i guess its a good thing i lost track a thousand or so ago lol. rediculous....

Got that right, Reefin aint cheap! Fun but not cheap.

saltwatercoral

My next purchase I think is going to be a battery backup. I am trying to find what brand (maybe APC) to buy and most importantly what is going to work the best for what I want to use it for. If the power goes out here for a long period of time I can use my gas Honda generator. But if I'm not home and the power kicks off I want to still be covered. So here are my questions:

1) if the power does go off what should I have plugged into the UPS so that it will stay on? Keep in mind that my 2 Koralia 1400 gph Wave Pumps will be plugged into my Reef Keeper.

2) what size UPS should I get? I know this depends on what I have plugged into the UPS.

3) should this UPS be in the stand or outside next to the stand. (moisture concerns?)

After doing some research it looks like the UPS needs to be "True Sine Wave" compatible so it wont damage the circulation pumps.

Please help, if anyone has a UPS please let me know or help me decide, Thank You!

Archived