Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral

This is a Pic of my 120 gallon creation nick named "$ PIT". Here is a stocking list below as of 8/17/2012.

FTS as of 11/28/2012

895942AA-0D51-4DC0-9E43-1484322491B2-1956-00000143D94031FA.jpg

40B7563C-9543-4D49-B776-A37000AF9705-1956-00000143D613433B.jpg

This is not a bow front tank. I jut took a panorama pic and the way I was turning mad it look lik one.

931BA9CA-B972-41E8-8654-C4442A5D7066-1956-00000143DCCB506E.jpg

Hardware list for the Display Tank:

120g Perfecto tank, 48x24x24 (120g) (corner overflow)

Monterey Stand

Monterey canopy

3 AI Black SOL Blue units with 1 AI controller

Eshopps DLX pro 200 sump

Reef Octopus OCTX-200XS

1 Koralia 1400 gph Wave Pump (soon to be replaced with another MP40wEs)

1 MP40wEs

950 GPH water Pump (1 spare)

Reefkeeper elite system w/net plus 2 extra PC4 power strips

MaxPure MPDI RO-DI 90GPD

TDS Water Monitor

2 200W Heaters

1 extra Hydro 150w heater for mixing salt

1 32g Brute trash can on wheels (mixing salt)

PhosBan Reactor with adjustable Mini-Jet 606 pump

Refractometer

Hardware list for the Pod tank:

10 gallon tank

Led Marineland light

Heater

Bubbler

Digital Thermometer

CUC:

30 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners

15 Nassarius

20 Florida Ceriths

16 Assorted Hermits

1 large blue and black leg hermit

9 Large Nerite and 7 Small to medium Nerites

3 Assorted Smaller Conchs

4 Banded Trochus

2 Cleaner Chrimp

Fish:

2 Ocellaris Clownfish

1 Yellow Tang

1 Naso Tang

1 Green spoted Manderin

1 Blue striped cleaner wrasse

1 Royal Gramma

Clams

1 Tridacna derasa

1 Tridacna crocea

Coral

29 different Acan Lord frags

1 colonies of Green bay Packers Zoa’s

Multiple frags of Zoa’s

Multiple frags of Pally’s

1 Tyree Sand Dollar

1 Cornbread 3G

Other chalice's

Chili Pepper Montipora

Ora Red Planet (nice size)

Purple & Green Monti Cap on the same plug (want to see how these grow together)

Few different Acros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral

Here is my shopping list for the new 120. I set the date to pick al this up on November 19th. Tell me what you think with the equipment listed below, good or bad!

120 Gallon Setup

Perfecto tank, 48x24x24 (120g) (corner overflow)

Monterey Stand

Monterey canopy

3 AI Black SOL Blue units with 1 AI controller

Eshopps RS-200 sump

Reef Octopus OCTX-200XS

2 Koralia 1400 gph Wave Pumps

950 GPH water Pump

Reefkeeper elite system w/net plus 2 extra PC4 power strips

MaxPure MPDI RO-DI 90GPD

TDS Water Monitor

2 Marineland 200W Heaters

Reef Fusion 1&2 Calcium Dose

PhosBan Reactor with adjustable Mini-Jet 606 pump

Refractometer

saltwatercoral

I did just get the Eshopps DLX pro 200 sump that was normally $280 for just $80! It's brand new still in the packaging! I got it from That Fish place in PA! That place is awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
saltwatercoral

post-56186-1318125988_thumb.jpgJust went up to get the tank, stand and conopt today! My first big stetp for this setup! Hope u all like the pics!

another pic

This one is ummm..... well.... Yea. This is why I bought the Canpopy, to keep the cats out not in, lol I just need to remember to close the lid and I should be ok.

post-56186-1318126117_thumb.jpg

post-56186-1318126276_thumb.jpg

i like the dimensions of the tank. little skeptical whether 2 phoenix is enough to light the entire tank. what are you planning on keeping?

saltwatercoral

I'm looking to get both Sps and Lps. I was told be AI that 2 phoenix units should be good to start with. I will probably get a third one down the line though to get a better coverage.

saltwatercoral

I have just purchased a few more things for the 120. I bought a Protiein Skimmer, RO unit, upgraded my cracked sump to a better sump, water pumps, calcium dosing, and a few other smaller things. I will post a list of what I have and and still need to get along with some pics later on today! :D

Awesome tank! Dropped some serious dough but this is going to be a sweet setup.

Maybe you should stick with the cat stocking list and save money on LR, Salt and an RODI ;)

saltwatercoral
Awesome tank! Dropped some serious dough but this is going to be a sweet setup.

Maybe you should stick with the cat stocking list and save money on LR, Salt and an RODI ;)

Lol!

saltwatercoral

As of right now I still need to get my AI Phoenix blue LED lights and the Reef Keeper elite with net and some hana testing kits and I will be ready to start it up! I have untill December before I want to get it up and running. I am going on Vaca in the end of November and dont want to start my first tank and leave it for a full week.

Any one have any other ideas on what else I should need? Maybe a certain type of salt, I was looking at gettting the Red See Pro. Is that a good one or is there somthing else thats better.

i use reef crystal salt since day one of my reef career and have no problems with it. its a lot cheaper than other salts on the market and still produce good results. salt is a highly debatable subject, lots of people have their own opinion and point of view. i would start off with a cheap good reef salt like reef crystals and switch to other brands to see if you like it or not.

as for setting up the tank before your vacation, if i was in your shoe, i would do that. you will be cycling your tank anyways so there isnt much monitoring to do.

NewZealandReefie

Only change I'd make would be the heater.

Anything marineland heater related sketches me out. After that mess with the stealth recall I don't think I'd ever choose to own one of their heaters. Ever.

Here is my shopping list for the new 120. I set the date to pick al this up on November 19th. Tell me what you think with the equipment listed below, good or bad!

120 Gallon Setup

Perfecto tank: GOT IT

48x24x24 (120g) (corner overflow)

$435

Monterey Stand: GOT IT

$670

Monterey canopy: GOT IT

$34

AI Phoenix blue units with controller:

$550/unit ($1100/2)

Eshopps RS-200 sump: GOT IT

$280

Reef Octopus OCTX-200XS: GOT IT

$290

Koralia 1400 gph Wave Pump (need 2): GOT IT

$85/unit, $170/2 

950 GPH water Pump: GOT IT

$100

Reefkeeper elite system w/net:

$550

MaxPure MPDI RO-DI 90GPD: GOT IT

$185

TDS Water Monitor: GOT IT

$35

Marineland 200W Heater (need 2): GOT IT

$50

Reef Fusion 1&2 Calcium Dose: GOT IT

$20

So just under $4k, without livestock. Nice.

saltwatercoral
Only change I'd make would be the heater.

Anything marineland heater related sketches me out. After that mess with the stealth recall I don't think I'd ever choose to own one of their heaters. Ever.

You got me a little woried about my heaters... Should I be worryed even with them connected to the Reef Keeper? I can set them so if the temp kicks to certain temp that it will shut down the port that the heater is pluged into...

So just under $4k, without livestock. Nice.

Thanks castiel!

NewZealandReefie

Recall was only for stealth pro but personally, that puts me off their heaters in general. A quick google search will give you details of what the problems were.

saltwatercoral

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I hope it all turns out well myself. Want to see some pics of ur 180 tank RW&B!

saltwatercoral
Great looking setup. I am not sure that the lighting you are looking at will be enough. Doesn't seem like that much too me.

I am hoping it will be enough as well. I talked with AI and they told me that 2 SOL BLUES would not work but 2 of the new Phoenix units should work. I'm going to have 2 individual stacks of rock so I'm hopping that it will work. I'll just have to wait. I am on a pre order for the Phoenix... Just waiting on them to push em out!

saltwatercoral

Just got my Reef Keeper Elite with Net and PhosBan Reactor with adjustable Mini-Jet 606 pump today! Now Im just waiting on my AI Pheonix lights and I should be set :D

Archived