Pod Your Reef

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my ADA 60 f just arrived! :D Can't wait to set it up. How's the canister filter that you're using? I'm looking for something powerful but quiet.

You're definitely going to need supplemental flow with it, you'll get a dead spot but then again, it might be okay if you place the intake and flow in the middle of the tank as opposed to the end with mine.

You're definitely going to need supplemental flow with it, you'll get a dead spot but then again, it might be okay if you place the intake and flow in the middle of the tank as opposed to the end with mine.

Oh for sure. I'm going to get a mp10 for additional flow. Was just wondering if the canister you're using gives you crystal clear waters.

How's your lighting btw?

Oh for sure. I'm going to get a mp10 for additional flow. Was just wondering if the canister you're using gives you crystal clear waters.

How's your lighting btw?

No, I have my powerhead agitating the surface to keep the scum at bay--the canister doesn't do much for the surface skimming. The light's awesome, I've been running it at 50% lately because I just added a bunch of new zoas/paly's from Tenor and just moved them to the center of the tank. The coloration is pretty nice on them, this is a fairly accurate color representation of the temperature on the lights at 50% on all the bulbs:

IMG_4147.JPG

We'll see how they do when my stand shows up.

Jealous of your coraline... my rock is white.

Most of my rock bleached when I put in the new LED's LOL, it's starting to gain some growth again.

Most of my rock bleached when I put in the new LED's LOL, it's starting to gain some growth again.

Interesting... I noticed the same thing with the live rock in my sump... My impromptu sump light consists of a wal-mart clip light and a ~6500 kelvin LED flood light. I thought that maybe I just *thought* my live rock was more colorful... it's whitish where the light is most concentrated.

I'm just starting to really get coralline as well. I'm blaming the LEDs

When I used to have a NC12 under PC lighting, my rocks were covered in coralline and when I switched to a 150mh light, my rocks never bleached. It's definitely unusual with the LED's...

More pics!

I will be getting the stand tomorrow, I'll take pics with that and send you a parts list, hopefully it works for your setup too!

2nd casualty of the tank...1st one being Darth Maul's melting for no apparent reason, and now...though this is more of "natural selection", scarlet hermit decided to check out the pump...

Found a great little present in my live rock (which I dropped and cracked)--in the crevice was:

ai-nano-led.jpg

Chipped it off and super glued it on a spare plug--what a great little surprise :)

I like it alot! I need I need

I used the 80/20 L bracket to attach it to the bookcase. My parts list was:

A 1010 (Qty 1) 24.5 IN 0.49 7042 in slot B Right End; $5.63

B 1010 (Qty 1) 50 IN 1.00 1" X 1" T-SLOTTED PROFILE $11.50

7005 (Qty 2) EA 1" X 1" T-SLOT AND TUBE CUT TO LENGTH $3.90

7042 (Qty 1) EA 10 S ANCHOR FASTENER COUNTERBORE $2.25

E 2015 (Qty 3) EA 0.01 1010 END CAP BLACK W/PUSH-INS $3.15

F 4081 (Qty 1) EA 0.06 10 S 5 HOLE "L" JOINING PLATE $6.55

G 3321 (Qty 4) EA 0.04 1/4-20 X .50" FBHSCS ECON T- NUT $2.00

H 4108 (Qty 4) EA 0.04 10 S 2 HOLE INSIDE CORNER BRACKET $11.00

I 3386 (Qty 8) EA 0.06 1/4-20 X .375" FBHSCS ECON T-NUT $3.68

J 3395 (Qty 1) EA 0.01 10 S ANCHOR FASTENER ASSEMBLY$ 2.90

I used the L "Joining Plate" to hook it into the wall, these turned out to be too short in width for the drill holes on the light :(. Good thing that I had these L brackets from old Ikea extra parts that was the perfect length to attach the light to the arm as seen here:

IMG_4175.JPG

I am a ditz of a chick sometimes, but I was able to figure it out with a little help--there's a site I found: http://www.framexpert.com/ and they have software you can download to build your 80/20 frame. That's what I used...after you've built it, you can add stuff from the catalog (like the ones I listed above) for the other things you need.

Looks great, nice job!

Oh damn.. this tank is fkn awesome!! Great light tree dude!

Nice job on the light stand!

Thank you, I'm not very DIY but I managed to to do this one without the boyfriend's help LOL...largely :)...I needed a pair of hands to hold it upright while I screwed it stable ;)

Tank looks great! Sweet setup.

Are any fish going to go in?

Sometimes, I can get lazy on the feedings and changings, having no fishes allows me that luxury--so no, no fishies :(. I would love one but I've decided against it and going towards getting active inverts instead, such as a cleaner shrimp!

Yikes... Looks confusing...

It was at first, but if you build your frame, I can probably help you from there :). Download the software, it's easier to envision that way, that gives you a bill of materials and you can order directly from the software when you're done. Also, the owner Andrew is very helpful, he helped me when I was confused :)

It was at first, but if you build your frame, I can probably help you from there :). Download the software, it's easier to envision that way, that gives you a bill of materials and you can order directly from the software when you're done. Also, the owner Andrew is very helpful, he helped me when I was confused :)

Looking good rbaby... Your light tree is art in itself. Reminds me of the Maxpect Mazarra modular frame... geat work!

Also nice HH in the rock!

Archived