SaltCritters.com

msscha's 24 gallon office cube

msscha

A most excellent posting of your odyssey. I really enjoyed the pictures of your little undersea world and your written descriptions are interesting to read.

• Like 1

A most excellent posting of your odyssey. I really enjoyed the pictures of your little undersea world and your written descriptions are interesting to read.

Thank you, Shadowrider!

• 1 month later...

Serpent Stair with Hairy Arms -- and you can kind of see the orange tunicate's tubey things (the name of which I am too tired to pick from my aging brain!)

serpent_hairs.jpg

Ball Anemone? Looks like the ones in my tank.

• 1 month later...

I've just been reading to catch up and everything looks amazing. YAY upgrade! Happy very belated tankiversary! Those sea slugs might be my favourite thing, did they have babies eventually?

Congrats on the toadstool split and the fragging.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It's been a couple of years since I posted, though my tank is still going. The 24 gallon JBJ sprang a leak -- a small one, so I had time to buy a replacement before catastrophe struck. I found an excellent deal on a 29 gallon Oceanic Biocube + stand on Craiglist -- $125.00. Moved it over last Thursday, kept the LED JBJ hood, and the inhabitants seem to have dealt with it well. The JBJ was a problematic tank for me -- not sure why, but I lost a lot of coral and most of the hitchhiker stock. I'm down to 2 clowns, 4 nano-gobies, 2 rusty gobies, a harlequin serpent star, a rose bubbletip anemone (a new addition that the clowns have not yet chosen to host), a dwindling duncan (b/c the clowns did choose to host it, and it's steadily deteriorated as a result), a bunch of neon-green trumpets, a few gorgs, a skunk shrimp, some rics, and a tiny acan frag that has hung in there but not thrived. I'm hoping the new environment helps.

the new tank 8-6-17.jpg