Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sublunary's 12 Gallons - reborn

sublunary

well it sure does make for a funny story! I lost my lion fish of 2 yrs over break, and i was bummed, but this whole pico thing has me really into the hobby again.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So that's how I ended up lying on the floor, in the dark, wearing nothing but a latex glove, holding a red solo cup and covered in saltwater at 1am.

But the goby was saved and the suspicious thing was removed so, in the end, victory is mine! (And lots of coral dipping is in my future, but whatever.)

Good thing nobody said pics or it didn't happen :rolleyes: I'm sorry you had another traumatic evening but glad that everything is now okay.

+1 on the great success of getting the nudi out, even if it was a crazy ordeal :lol:

I could see myself doing something like that :) As I get older I get more clumsy. Add the middle of the night after having just been woken up....it's my ultimate recipe for disaster :lol:

It's all worth it though!

Thanks gena. I'm glad I got it. I've been checking with flashlights and haven't seen any others, but it's only been one night so who knows. I guess I have to admit it is all worth it in the end.

civikm - I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that. :P

kat - Stop putting ideas in their heads! I'm trying to keep things PG...

Zipped! Oh ill have a frag of the gorgonian for you, don't worry about a trade.

You're the best! The gorg I have now feels like the only thing I can get to grow, so I'm excited to get another one.

Thanks gena. I'm glad I got it. I've been checking with flashlights and haven't seen any others, but it's only been one night so who knows. I guess I have to admit it is all worth it in the end.

civikm - I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that. :P

kat - Stop putting ideas in their heads! I'm trying to keep things PG...

PG 13 is ok :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've been searching for more nudis but haven't found any. I managed to kill the tiny piece of monti I originally saw it on during inspection, but I have a larger frag of that still doing fine, so I'm not too heartbroken.

I got in another cultivated reef order the day after my last post. They are awesome. I got blue clove polyps, blue sympodium, a branching monti (which I would not have gotten if I placed the order after finding the nudi) and an acan pack. Greg gave me an extra frag for being a repeat customer. :wub:

I didn't have time to get the colors quite right, but I'm posting pics anyway just to get something up here.

P4063761-1.jpg

P4063764-1.jpg

P4063767-1.jpg

P4063769-1.jpg

I'm not entirely sure if I want to leave them there so they grow out over the rocks, or move them to the sandbed on the other side. So they might move. But for now, I like most of them where they are, and will be finding a better spot for the green-centered ones.

I finally got around to putting in a koralia. My fish are furious with me, but it seems to be eliminating my dead spots, so they don't get a say. :P

I also noticed that I have a whole bunch of digitate hydroids in my sand. ugh. They aren't in a place where they're touching any corals, so it's not that bad yet. But they aren't in a place I can easily nuke them either. It's always something.... Sigh.

New FTS

P4103816-1.jpg

Corner

P4103821-1.jpg

Left Side (Slightly crooked. Whoops.)

P4103856-1.jpg

Finally sort of captured the color of my frogspawn

P4103827-1.jpg

And duncan

P4103846-1.jpg

And here's my goby, guarding my last surviving monti cap.

P4103837-1.jpg

I seriously need to get my sister to let me borrow her tripod.

That will probably be it until after the NY meet up! During which I'll spend more money than I can strictly afford, I'm sure. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

So nice to see you again and to meet your boyfriend! Thanks for coming to shop, I was just on MR and the store says free parking "weekends" which is contrary to the "except sunday" sign on the street. So who knows, but I'm glad your car didn't get ticketed or towed.

Next stop is Ocean Gallery II in a couple of months with the ladies. Maybe as a farewell get together for Helen as we send her off to the vicious west coast. ;)

Oh. And we will need pictures of your loot when they are all happy in the tank, no slacking! :)

Haha, of course. Oh well. In the end we didn't get towed, so it's all ok. I really don't understand half of the traffic signs in the city. I did have fun though

I'm excited we're going to OG. I go there all the time. Be sure to let me know. Thanks for organizing so many things. I've had so much fun meeting everyone (and getting discounts).

There will be pictures as soon as everything's happy, I promise. I finally have some blastos! And that red thing - I think it looks more like a cyphastrea than a monti, but I'm still not sure. Thanks again for the gorgonian frag - it's already starting to show some polyps! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time for a photo shoot.

In the meantime, here's a sleepy hedgehog.

Cranford-20120401-00169-1.jpg

I think your tank needs a good scrubbin!! :P

Maybe a 10g quick crew from reef cleaners!

Definitely a scrubbing. Nothing eats more than a tiny bit of that red stuff. And peroxide dips don't seem to help either. I hate that stuff.

true. and if it is a cyphastrea, we just scored! I mean you did. ha.

Maybe not so much. When I woke up this morning, it was no longer red and had a bunch of bald spots. I really hope it doesn't totally melt. :angry:

I've never had anything decline quite that quickly. Everything else looks ok, so no idea what it could be. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
Markushka
Cranford-20120401-00169-1.jpg

just awesome!

I went to a farm in PA, don't ask why, and they had hedgehogs that they sometimes sell, i really want to get one, but they didn't have any. :(

I know, I know, I've been bad with the pictures. Tank was blacked out the past couple of days to try and kill that slimy green algae. I was doing peroxide dips too, which seemed to help on most things, but I think killed my sympodium. :( It was doing so well too. Sigh.

Gorg is doing well. I think all of the polyps have opened, just not at the same time. Which is weird, but not overly worrisome. Btw, Kat, I love the new sig!

The cyphastrea lost its flesh and I think I'm giving up on it. I still have no idea why that happened. Params were all fine, acclimated it for a while with everything else, put it on the bottom to acclimate to the lights... I'm apparently just killing thinks left and right lately. :(

Archived