Cultivated Reef

Sublunary's 12 Gallons - reborn

sublunary

I have an mp10 in my nc12 (leftover pump from the downsize), but I'm looking to get more flow going for the chaeto in the back. I think I may try this upgrade! Did you notice any additional heat from the MJ900?

It's been a while since I had the stock in there. i think there was a slight heat increase, maybe a degree. I know I had more heat problems with a koralia than with the MJ.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thread needs more pics.

Acan I got from Manhattan Aquarium trip. It's purple and green in person.

PB082657-1.jpg

Clown goby #1 enjoying having the pump turned off.

PB082644-1.jpg

PB082624-1.jpg

Clown goby #2 being see-through

PB082653-1.jpg

Thread needs more pics.

always the rule :)

I love the purple and green acan combination!

How long have you had the clown gobies? Those are beautiful and so healthy looking!

Thanks! I got the gobies in August about a week before the hurricane. I actually ordered a different kind of goby and was sent these instead. I was planning on selling them, so they were in a net breeder. I think being trapped at the top of the tank is what saved them. So these guys lived through a power outage, 3 days in a tupperware container with an air pump, and a couple of months in two different slapped-together holding tanks.

After all that, there's no way I could get rid of them!

Thanks AM! I haven't been online as much as I used to, so I've totally lost track of your builds. How come the 125 is on hold? You were so excited about it...

I was all excited today about getting an order from reef cleaners. Sadly the post office sorting station sent my box to the wrong town and it's now in postal-limbo. :angry:

So cross your fingers for me and hope that I will soon get a box full of snails and not a box full of smelly soup.

Post Office finally came through. Most of the snails seem to have made it. A lot of them are crawling around already. Flame algae has some odd colored spots, but otherwise looks ok. Chiton's alive, but keeps flipping over sideways, so I'm not sure if he'll make it. Limpet and feather duster were DOA.

I'm pretty pissed at the Post Office. There is no reason something that stupid should have happened. Thankfully there appears to be a good chance they will refund the shipping costs...

Dwarf Ceriths going to work:

PB132698-1.jpg

Ordering 10 was definitely the way to go, I think I only got 50, which is much more reasonable than what I've seen other people get. I love John; I don't know how anyone that generous can stay in business.

The fuzzy chiton made it! It's definitely one of the coolest looking things I've ever seen.

PB132692-1.jpg

And this little guy insisted on having his photo taken. I love how when they get pale they look like they're blushing.

PB132703-1.jpg

My boyfriend got me the best anniversary presents ever. :wub:

PB152735.jpg

I actually got them on the 5th, but the goby promptly disappeared after a few hours of exploring. I was starting to worry, but apparently it was just helping with the building and today it's acting like it owns the place. I love that they decided to make their front door at the front left corner of the tank, right where I was trying to start a zoa garden. Hopefully they'll stay there.

PB152747-1.jpg

The shrimp is too busy for pictures, but you can see him here:

PB152744-1.jpg

Thanks Hype! It's a clown goby, but I'm not entirely sure if it's a black one or a black and white one.

It was sold to me as G. albofasciatus, but the markings aren't as distinct as in the pictures, so I'm not convinced. During the day they are usually solid black and look closer to some pics of G. acicularis, which is one of the black clown gobies.

So I'm not sure. But I'm leaning towards black clown goby.

I'd say your boyfriend is a keeper. What a thoughtful gift :) Congrats on the new additions!

That he is. :) And he's smart enough to say "I'm taking you to fish stores until you find something you like." Instead of just buying what he thinks I would want. Because otherwise I'd end up with a tank full of purple reef lobsters, giant hermit crabs and firefish.

Slightly blurry, but the best out of about a 100 I took. I need to figure out how to focus better across different depths.

PB172775.jpg

Goby looks a bit scratched on the first black stripe. Hopefully it heals up quickly.

PB172789.jpg

Tiny! Maybe an inch and a half long, maybe a little shorter.

He's mean too. The shrimp came out to check out some food today and the goby whipped around and bit him in the face. Like "get back in the hole and keep digging! No break for you!!"

animalmaster6
He's mean too. The shrimp came out to check out some food today and the goby whipped around and bit him in the face. Like "get back in the hole and keep digging! No break for you!!"

:lol:

• 1 month later...

I hate letting the thread go for so long without updates but there hasn't been anything worth showing or telling lately. I've been dealing with a pretty terrible cyano outbreak. I've got purple cycano, green cyano and black cyano. I think it got started when the clam died and has just gotten out of control. I've been doing the siphoning/light reduction/food reduction thing, but I'm thinking I'll have to try a commercial remedy to get it under control. :\

Hopefully I'll be back with better news/more pictures after the new year.

Archived