Top Shelf Aquatics

eshinesystem LED fixtures

xCry0x

Had a bunch of discussions about these fixtures on reefcentral today (for whatever reason i cant load nano-reef from work)

Does anyone have any feedback or experience with any of these fixtures? They are a manufacturer in china using cree & bridgelux LEDs and making dirt cheap fixtures.

Their 60w dimmable cree fixture is list priced for $185 but a US distributor has an agreement and is now reselling them on ebay for $400. A few people are using them rebranded under dif names and saying they work well.

---------------copied from reefcentral--------------

I got 7 PDFs sent to me with the specs on the dif products & prices.

Apparently the Aqua washer lights are dimmable, but unfortunately they are super long strips of LEDs. The Aqua Master would be really nice because it is ~20" long, uses 2 rows of 20 3w LEDs (40 total, 20 455nm blue 20 14k white) + a middle strip of 33 moon lights + 2 10w T5s..all for $230!? Is there any kind of stupid high tax for shipping/buying from china?

Overall everything is dirt cheap here are the prices..

E.Shine Aqua Master

Light- $230

Aqua Master mounting bracket $16

Digital Timer $6.00

3w Systems

25x3w LED - $80

50x3w LED - $130

3g 100x3w LED - $240

Aqua Washer (LED strip 1200mm long)

20x3w Cree (10xpg 10xpe) -$135

20x3w bridgelux - $65

ES 60w Dimmer - $25

Timer $6

3G lights (1w w/blue mix)

50 lights - $80

100 - $130

200 - $240

300 - $350

400- $450

Here is my convo.

Ivy : 10:07:34

Welcome to E.shine Systems.

Ivy : 10:07:42

Hello

I: 10:07:51

60W CREE LED Aquarium Light price?

Ivy : 10:09:56

Are you from USA?

Ivy : 10:10:27

We have sales agent in USA for this 60w CREE

Ivy : 10:10:41

We have a new website which is under test, we have new items there

Ivy : 10:10:51

please visit www.eshinesystem.com

Ivy : 10:11:44

You can check our aqua washer and aqua Master

Ivy : 10:11:47

they are new items

I: 10:12:16

so how do i find the price?

Ivy : 10:12:49

I send you the price list by e-mail

Ivy : 10:12:56

may I have your e-mail address?

I: 10:13:15

xcry0x@gmail.com

I: 10:23:09

I did not see a quote for the 60w Cree?

I: 10:23:24

the 60w cree classic

Ivy : 10:23:34

USD185/pc

Ivy : 10:24:02

price is in the full price list of our 3G aqua

Ivy : 10:24:23

60W-CA

I: 10:26:46

the 25x3w LED aquarium light that is priced at $80 is not the same as the 60w cree classic

I: 10:27:00

http://www.eshinesystem.com/aqua/60w...ium-light.html

I: 10:27:04

that light

I: 10:27:07

did not see a price for it

Ivy : 10:27:55

it is the ES-60W-CA, price is USD 185/pc

I: 10:28:09

Okay, I did not see that in the email

I: 10:28:37

Oh I am sorry

I: 10:28:39

I missed that pdf

Ivy : 10:28:43

Did you see the 3G LED aquarium prices?

Ivy : 10:28:48

OK

I: 10:28:48

Yeah I missed it

I: 10:29:25

How are these ordered? is there a supplier in the united states?

Ivy : 10:29:26

yes, too many files :-)

Ivy : 10:29:51

www.starkled.com

Ivy : 10:30:24

they are our sales agent for this unit in USA

I: 10:31:06

Ah okay so to buy one you have to pay $409.99 to go through them

Ivy : 10:31:17

and we do not sell directly to USA any more

Ivy : 10:31:27

no, you need talk with them for price

I: 10:31:34

right

I: 10:31:40

their price is $409.99

I: 10:33:38

That is too bad, thank you for the information

Ivy : 10:34:00

yes, you need contact them for this unit

Ivy : 10:34:11

or you can choose other units from us

I: 10:34:29

What units do you sell directly

Ivy : 10:34:44

all besides the 60w cree

I: 10:35:15

ah, that is the only one that has lights that can be dimmed though

Ivy : 10:37:52

then you did not read the specs of aqua washer...

Ivy : 10:38:24

it can be dimmable too with the same dimmer

Ivy : 10:38:38

check the quote?

I: 10:40:01

Yea it is too long though

I: 10:40:22

Tank is ~500MM long

Ivy : 10:40:58

and the Master can work well without dimmer, it has moonlight, main light source can be controlled with digital timers

Ivy : 10:42:12

So you can have some white/blue on morning, and all the rest on at noon, then some off, and only keep the moonlight on at night...

Ivy : 10:43:04

And the last thing I want to tell you is we have a programmable controller for our 50X3W and 100X3W

Ivy : 10:43:38

the programmable controller is an Auto dimming and timming controller

Ivy : 10:44:05

You can set the time and lighting intensity

I: 10:44:51

okay, because being able to dim is important to control the colors

Ivy : 10:44:53

it is our new item, I am now, making up the specs and instruction, and will put it on our website soon

Ivy : 10:45:43

OK, please let me know when you make your decision

Ivy : 10:46:00

it is too late for me, I need rest now

I: 10:46:10

Okay! thank you for all the informtion

I: 10:46:13

information

Ivy : 10:46:16

please send me e-mail

Ivy : 10:46:30

it is my job :-)

Ivy : 10:46:35

have a nice day, bye

I: 10:46:38

Bye.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thats a huge price difference. Maybe if we get a group buy together for them they would do a single order direct to the USA at the 185 price or so.

Worth a shot to ask atleast.

PS; some of the other lights look pretty interesting, would you mind forwarding the price list and PDF's if you still have them?

PM me your email and I can forward the email they sent me, all the prices are listed in the post though.

The 60w cree fixture is on lockdown in the USA, i chatted with another rep today and they said a US vendor has a contract giving them sole reselling abilities until April 2012.. which sucks because the fixture is selling for $400 on ebay instead of the $185 list price! lol.

Apparently the Aqua washer lights are dimmable, but unfortunately they are super long strips of LEDs

If you look actually the 30w strip is just half of a 60w strip, so it only comes out to 24'' which would be fine for most non-Pico tanks, plus they're super cheap.

I'm going ahead and ordering 2 of the 48'' long 60w strips with dimmers, even if they were selling the older style 60w CREE box without the markup still the strips might be a better buy, they use newer XP series LEDs instead of the XRs, and they're even cheaper.

Also FYI shipping for 2 60w strips to the US is little over $50, not bad.

If you look actually the 30w strip is just half of a 60w strip, so it only comes out to 24'' which would be fine for most non-Pico tanks, plus they're super cheap.

I'm going ahead and ordering 2 of the 48'' long 60w strips with dimmers, even if they were selling the older style 60w CREE box without the markup still the strips might be a better buy, they use newer XP series LEDs instead of the XRs, and they're even cheaper.

Also FYI shipping for 2 60w strips to the US is little over $50, not bad.

The thing is the dimmers for the strip are for the entire strip, not blue dimmer and white dimmer.

Yea i realized that they had a smaller version today, the pdf i got initially didnt have the 600mm on it.

Also found out that there are other chinese vendors selling the 60w cree fixture.

Sent an email to them to see how they price it, someone on reefcentral said they got the 60w cree with dimmable blue and white for $150 +$50 shipping. Having the dimmer is important to me because I am not sure what color combo I want so I need to be able to play with it =/.

"Write, email, or call .....Sunny ouyang. Good luck

Export department

Vipingroup Co,Ltd.

4 Floor,Building C,Yiyuantong Industrial Area,

Xuexiang,Bantian Street,Longgang District,

Shenzhen,Guangdong,

China

Tel:86-755-89506058

Fax:86-755-89506115

E-mail:vipinsales01@vipinled.com

Msn:vipinsale01@hotmail.com

Guy said he bought 2 for $150 each with $100 shipping. I sent them an email but it was like 5 am Saturday morning so probably wont hear back until sometime sunday.

Basically multiple companies are selling that fixture, eshinesystems locked in a deal with someone here.

Sent an email. Hopefully get a reply soon some of there lights look

Really impressive.

Yea I sent them an email about http://www.vipinled.com/pro_detail.php?Cat...&ProId=1590

Figure It wont be until Sunday night at the earliest for a reply since they are in HK. If They are priced right I am going to grab one. I see people on the forums posting variations of the light rebranded under dif names so I am not worried about quality lol. People are buying them for $400 from places like starkled which eshinesystems said is their US reseller.

Same here I've been thinking about doing a diy led light for my Sps frag tank

But if these are priced right and they will ship to us I'll buy one.

Why not.

Dear Rory Boyce,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am sorry to said that I send wrong information to you due to my misstake.

Now I send the information of led aquarium light to you.

VIP-AL005-60

LED Aquarium Light

1.LED Power:60W    20pcsx3W  CREE XRE Series                                         

2.Input Voltage:AC85-265V                                   

3.Size: 400x140x80mm                                                            

4.Color Ratio: W&B- 1:1                                   

5.Lumens :3500lm                                     

6.Lifetime: ≥50,000hrs                                                            

7.Wave length:  Blue:450-470nm;;White:8000-18000K                                                        

8.Material:  Steel+Aluminum+Plastic                                  

9.working environment:  -20~40℃                            

10. Storage condition:   -40~85℃                   

11.Lighting area:   25 M²/3m                                          

12.Finish:Black/ White Painted                                      

13. Fan Qty:1 pcs(Big)                                                          

14.Beam angle:80 degree 

15.Price:USD153 EXWshenzhen

If you purchase one sample,the shipping cost is USD64 By DHL

Dear Rory Boyce,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am sorry to said that I send wrong information to you due to my misstake.

Now I send the information of led aquarium light to you.

VIP-AL005-60

LED Aquarium Light

1.LED Power:60W    20pcsx3W  CREE XRE Series                                         

2.Input Voltage:AC85-265V                                   

3.Size: 400x140x80mm                                                            

4.Color Ratio: W&B- 1:1                                   

5.Lumens :3500lm                                     

6.Lifetime: ≥50,000hrs                                                            

7.Wave length:  Blue:450-470nm;;White:8000-18000K                                                        

8.Material:  Steel+Aluminum+Plastic                                  

9.working environment:  -20~40℃                            

10. Storage condition:   -40~85℃                   

11.Lighting area:   25 M²/3m                                          

12.Finish:Black/ White Painted                                      

13. Fan Qty:1 pcs(Big)                                                          

14.Beam angle:80 degree 

15.Price:USD153 EXWshenzhen

If you purchase one sample,the shipping cost is USD64 By DHL

The XR-E are the newer lights also arent they? Sounds like a great deal.

Yea I am going to buy one, they still have not responded to me though! Got my order from BRS coming on monday to start setting up my new nano, this light is the perfect fit.

217 dollars shipped sounds good to me for a dimmable 20 Cree led fixture.

So going through the Alled Vipin Group website, you can purchase the 60W Cree light fixture and have them ship it direct to you in the US for 217?

Wonder if it is worth purchasing 4 of them for a 6 foot 120 gallon tank. Or am I better off trying to deal with E.Shine website that has larger fixtures. That E.Shine Aqua Master looks like a perfect fixture if I were to run two of those on my system. Just wondering if the unit is dimmable and if they can be connected to the solar simulator they have on their website.

From what I understand the controller works with the 3g 50x3w and 100x3w systems. The aqua washer (strip lights) the 1200mm light is dimmable, the 600mm is not. I think the aqua master essentially uses 2x 600mm aqua washers for the LEDs on it. Even if it was dimmable the LEDs are in RB-W-RB-W strips and the individual colors are not dimmable. If your tank can handle 40x3w LED, the aqua master looks awesome, I like the fact that it has RB&W LEDs+ 2x 10w actinics and moon lights.

It is not clear if the lights aside from the 60w cree have independant color dimmers as opposed to overall light dimming.

The E.Shine systems website looks great. Products look top notch. This company looks to be making some great products at amazing prices.

I wonder if someone could strike a deal with them to import them to the USA and then set up shop selling them. I wish that I had the knowledge and the funds to do something like that. I wonder what it would take... basically place a large order for some of the more popular fixtures. In the case of these fixtures, I think with the relative low costs from the factory, it would be in the seller’s best interest to do minimal mark up. Better off selling numerous fixtures at amazing prices then trying to compete with all the other LED companies out there that are still out of the typical reefers' price range. I think you could even open an "EBAY STORE" and sell them that way. Become a sponsor on Nano-reef.com and other fish forums to have links to the store and you should be set. I would hate to see someone import these in the next few months only to mark them up 300-400 dollars. Now if I could only find some investors...

Here is the link to the site if you are interested in checking it outE.Shinesystems

There is a US distributor and they sell them for 400$.

They are called stark led. Look them up on YouTube or type in

60w Cree led on eBay. It will blow your mind 2 1/2 times the price.

There is a US distributor and they sell them for 400$.

They are called stark led. Look them up on YouTube or type in

60w Cree led on eBay. It will blow your mind 2 1/2 times the price.

There are many other fixtures other than the 20X3W Cree fixture. The Aqua Master fixture, 25X3, 50X3, etc are all impressive looking light fixtures that could also be imported. The website even hints at a 120W Cree fixture in the making.

Man the more and more I dig into looking all over the web and YouTube.

The more I find that this light is awesome the 60w Cree.

There's up to 4 US companies that buy these and rebrand them that means they just slap

There name on it and charge 2 and 1/2 times the price.

I might buy one of these on the 15th when I get paid.

I'm gonna do alittle more research first.

Be carefull some of their fixtures are not dimmable.

Archived