ReefCleaners.org

Stevei cup full with clear water ?

JakeF150

I just set up tunze 9002 with new stevie cup..

Wife hate it- too noise it's like white noise and sounds like something is stuck...It's bubbling up to near end of inside, top of tube.

I checked everything...all look good...

2 hours later, I checked cup and surprised me,it's full of clear water in it..

Why did it happen ?

What's the problem?

Thanks

Jake

that ^

Proper water level? Any skimmer takes up to two weeks to break in, they are not plug and play devices. The cup is not doing anything but collecting everything is about the skimmer.

Just went through the same thing, using a skinny cup myself.

If you read the tunze manual it says that you should start the skimmer at a low setting. Initially it says that the bubbles should be just up to where the container part of the cup starts. I know doesnt look right initally but start there and i bet you have something darker in your cup tomorrow.

You can google for the tunze manual as well if im not being clear.

i turned off skimmer and closed value...then 1/2 turn out and plugged it...AHH its better and i m seeing green water :) overnight i only see 1/2" water in the cup thats good

THanks

• 3 months later...

I know it can take up to 2 weeks to break in the Tunze, but I have had mine going for a bit over week and my cup is still completely bone dry. I'm thinking I did something wrong or maybe there is something wrong with it. Is this normal to have bone dry cup after a week of being in use?

when u say that, you mean the very top, the circle top should be underwater 1/2 and inch? If I do that then the cup leans on the media rack, does this mean my water level in the tank is too high? I did adjust it this way and now there is water 3/4 the way up the cylinder in the middle of the cup but still nothing goes into the cup. As I was taking it apart just to make sure it was all connected I noticed there is 2 almost razorblade thin slices in the plastic attached to the tunze pump. It is right where the green tube connects to the pump, but the tube covers those small slits so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Could it be? I can post pictures tomorrow if it would help, but I have to work 2-11 today and 7-3 tomorrow so can't do much til then, thanks for the help.

I took it apart again today, I had the thing hooked up wrong, I am a noob and this is my first skimmer but its running now, still nothing in the cup but im getting bubbles up to the mid already and i just got it hooked up right. Still have those cuts in the plastic on the pump though so that will need replaced at some point, but i can probably fix it with some reef safe super glue.

Archived